• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

If football allowed 13 players, we could carry him.
If we played 451 where he was #10 we could carry him.
But we don't.
Some players have work rate 9/10 and flair 5/10
Some players have work rate 5/10 and flair 9/10

We don't ideally want either, we want more.

We have too many workrate 8 or 9/10 flair 2 or 3/10

This needs to be addressed.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

It does. But I'm not sure NDombele is the answer, although might aswell keep him around to see if the next coach wants him.

We have been linked consistently with Maddison in recent months, someone like that is what we need ideally.....

If football allowed 13 players, we could carry him.
If we played 451 where he was #10 we could carry him.
But we don't.
Some players have work rate 9/10 and flair 5/10
Some players have work rate 5/10 and flair 9/10

We don't ideally want either, we want more.

we don't really know what we want.

This is from March 18th.

Speaking in a press conference today, Spalletti discussed Ndombele and his work with Napoli this season.

“Ndombele is a strong player, at the beginning I didn’t know him much, there was the doubt of why Tottenham let him leave. For what I saw, watching the Milan-Tottenham game, for what is my knowledge, I would have seen him fit in well.

“He’s a guy I like to coach, he’s also a very sweet guy, physically strong, in modern football you have to include this physical strength which is important, he has strength, stamina, technique, quick movements in which he sees where the space is to crash, he’s someone I like as they say in Tuscany.”

Seems odd considering they don't play him and won't be resigning him

It does. But I'm not sure NDombele is the answer, although might aswell keep him around to see if the next coach wants him.

We have been linked consistently with Maddison in recent months, someone like that is what we need ideally.....
Tbh with the selling issues we have with all the players, and the debatable budget we will have next season it would be prudent to give ALL fringe and out on loan players to chance to be assessed by the new manager (and DofF).
Especially if we are thinking of alternate formations.

Agree but he is not the answer. The blokes an absolute anti worker, one example of being around it was him being at the training ground and missing Covid testing window, found round the indoor pool, told by club Dr to get tested and then disappeared home, cost the club and PL thousands in sending a Dr to his home to test and expedite the test so that his result could be resulted in the allocated window which then puts games at risk. No urgency could ever be expressed on him in anything which is also evident in how he plays. One of my last shifts on a match day and Conte brother said they would rather be short of players and work with what they knew they had than have him (and others) mope about the place

He is undoubtedly talented but if he had "it about him" he would have forced the issue at Spurs considering the crap we have had in those roles, he would also have done the same Napoli more than he has, regardless of their league form.

has lost three years or more of his career and he seems none to bothered......thats all anyone needs to know

It does but, Messi aside, players need to be a minimum 7/10 work-rate. If he got himself fit and was prepared to work, he'd be so much more of a hadnful for defences, as well as do enough defensively. The fact that he's 26 and shown no willingness to do this, shows that he's comfortable coasting and picking up his £200k pw

You're being overly negative as that is not what Napoli have said. I get it you think he's a waste of space and fair enough, but let's not make things up.

I would be grateful if you would clarify what exactly it is you think I made up, as I did not attribute any quote to any individual at Napoli. All I did was say,
"Nah, no chance they want him he gives them nothing." That was a personal opinion based on Ndombele, who being a creative midfielder, has managed just a measly two goals and one assist in 38 appearances, not a great return.

Last edited:
If the new coach isn't interested then fair enough. Sell him, but I'd just give it a chance if and it's a big if the new coach is willing to try him out.

I agree 100%
But he currently can’t get into a side who plays the way you describe
It’s all on him
He really has to change his focus

I agree 100%
But he currently can’t get into a side who plays the way you describe
It’s all on him
He really has to change his focus
Can't prove his worth to club that pays him 200k a week, couldn't go back and prove his worth to his old side last year, couldn't prove his worth to Napoli for more than 25 mins a game, but gonna go full circle and stake a claim at Spurs under a new manager.....

I'm going to say he won't

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I would be grateful if you would clarify what exactly it is you think I made up, as I did not attribute any quote to any individual at Napoli. All I did was say,
"Nah, no chance they want him he gives them nothing." That was a personal opinion based on Ndombele, who being a creative midfielder, has managed just a measly two goals and one assist in 38 appearances, not a great return.
1 goal and 2 assists from his limited minutes isn't actually awful. Spaletti himself spoke of his positives so to say he gives them nothing is a little disingenuous.

I 100% accept he hasn't exactly starred for them and has been a failed signing for us ultimately but to say he gives them nothing is a bit of an exaggeration.

The other issue with keeping him for another year is that his contract would be down to 12 months after it

So if he fails (again) in that year, he would become even more unsellable. Means that by keeping him we'd effectively be committing to another £20m of cost via 2 year wages

The other issue with keeping him for another year is that his contract would be down to 12 months after it

So if he fails (again) in that year, he would become even more unsellable. Means that by keeping him we'd effectively be committing to another £20m of cost via 2 year wages
That hasn't stopped us keeping players past their sell by date in the past.

I guess it depends on whether we can get something reasonable for him this summer. If we are just going to cancel his contract and pay him out I'd say we might as keep him.

All of course contingent on the next coach having interest. If there is none, get rid.

Agree but he is not the answer. The blokes an absolute anti worker, one example of being around it was him being at the training ground and missing Covid testing window, found round the indoor pool, told by club Dr to get tested and then disappeared home, cost the club and PL thousands in sending a Dr to his home to test and expedite the test so that his result could be resulted in the allocated window which then puts games at risk. No urgency could ever be expressed on him in anything which is also evident in how he plays. One of my last shifts on a match day and Conte brother said they would rather be short of players and work with what they knew they had than have him (and others) mope about the place

He is undoubtedly talented but if he had "it about him" he would have forced the issue at Spurs considering the crap we have had in those roles, he would also have done the same Napoli more than he has, regardless of their league form.

has lost three years or more of his career and he seems none to bothered......thats all anyone needs to know
Have you seen him under Spalletti? Spalletti demands hard work, and the times I've seen Napoli, I couldn't fault the work rate of Ndombele.

Back