• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. As would have been putting on Ndombele for Eriksen at half time.

I can't blame Poch for giving such a tricky role to one of the league's best players over the last few years. I can blame him for not changing things when it was so clearly not working.
There was no need for hindsight either. I've been one of Eriksen's strongest supporters on here for a while, but it's been obvious that he's out of form (at best) for a while now. N'Dombele is tearing it up in pretty much every match.

It shouldn't be a tough decision. Take N'Dombele off at HT in the match when we're cruising, and use him in one where a decent midfield can run riot over the opposition who don't have one.

He is still learning the full scope of defensive duties in a game of these margins in the Prem.
Please note that we did lose this game and while the result was close the game was not. Until Ndombele's introduction and Pool's 2nd goal we had no spell of progression, it was literally their attack Vs out defence and there was no way we would be able to keep them out for 90 minutes.

So you can say Ndombele is learning the finer details but that presumes the other option knew these finer details in the first place.

Which is clearly not the case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Please note that we did lose this game and while the result was close the game was not. Until Ndombele's introduction and Pool's 2nd goal we had no spell of progression, it was literally their attack Vs out defence and there was no way we would be able to keep them out for 90 minutes.

So you can say Ndombele is learning the finer details but that presumes the other option knew these finer details in the first place.

At the very least he should have been in for eriksen with 30 to go
And Le Celso for dele too

At the very least he should have been in for eriksen with 30 to go
And Le Celso for dele too

This .. beating the dead horse but I really believe

- If N'dombele, Lo Celso and Davies (with Dele, Eriksen at minimum off) had been on by 60-65 minutes we would not have lost this game ..

This .. beating the dead horse but I really believe

- If N'dombele, Lo Celso and Davies (with Dele, Eriksen at minimum off) had been on by 60-65 minutes we would not have lost this game ..
Who knows
I certainly think ball retention would have been better and that’s key... especially through the middle (Liverpool’s weakness IMO)

You asked for an opinion on Ndombele. You have decided to introduce the ineptitude of Eriksen as a factor. Let’s forget the fact the bloke clearly does know his place in the defensive shape, the goals we conceded were down to individual mistakes from our FBs. Everything else was tight.
Had we held until the 75th min you wouldn’t even have seen him IMO, you’d have seen Dier.

You asked for an opinion on Ndombele. You have decided to introduce the ineptitude of Eriksen as a factor. Let’s forget the fact the bloke clearly does know his place in the defensive shape, the goals we conceded were down to individual mistakes from our FBs. Everything else was tight.
Had we held until the 75th min you wouldn’t even have seen him IMO, you’d have seen Dier.
You're assuming I was talking about Eriksen. I was not. I was talking about the pairing that Ndombele was introduced to replace; Winks & Sissoko. The problem I was talking about wasn't that Eriksen was stationed on the right hand side in a role he is unsuited for but that we stupidly started yet another match with the gruesome twosome. We had no control in the match principally because the midfield pair are not capable of playing a passing game through the press.

It was a literal night and day difference with the introduction of Ndombele. The Eriksen/Dele ineptitude was just a side show in comparison.

If the heart of the midfield is broken (ours was) then the rest of the body will not function. Hence the 80 minutes of attack Vs defence.

Did you think at any point in that game that A. Liverpool would not score? B. Once they had scored we would keep it to just the one? The tactics and approach were a guaranteed failure, having a playing that could actually hit good players in space would have helped the counter attack immensely instead we had Winks and Sissoko. [emoji58]

And lets be honest - they don't look like chance balls when he plays them - he makes them look easy. I wonder if others don't spot them or don't fancy them.

I hope that once he gets playing on a regular basis the other players will know if they make a run he will see it. Said the other week that without Eriksen playing well i had noticed players making runs but the ball never go played. A lot of them stopped making runs then but now they will see it will come with him being aware of their runs.

You're assuming I was talking about Eriksen. I was not. I was talking about the pairing that Ndombele was introduced to replace; Winks & Sissoko. The problem I was talking about wasn't that Eriksen was stationed on the right hand side in a role he is unsuited for but that we stupidly started yet another match with the gruesome twosome. We had no control in the match principally because the midfield pair are not capable of playing a passing game through the press.

It was a literal night and day difference with the introduction of Ndombele. The Eriksen/Dele ineptitude was just a side show in comparison.

If the heart of the midfield is broken (ours was) then the rest of the body will not function. Hence the 80 minutes of attack Vs defence.

Did you think at any point in that game that A. Liverpool would not score? B. Once they had scored we would keep it to just the one? The tactics and approach were a guaranteed failure, having a playing that could actually hit good players in space would have helped the counter attack immensely instead we had Winks and Sissoko. [emoji58]

Apologies on that, yes, I was assuming you were talking about Eriksen.

I don't think anybody with a pair of eyes would disagree that Ndombele had a great impact. I do think that the time and situation in which he entered the game is a very important detail to note.

I would agree that right now, on paper, Ndombele and Sissoko are a fine pair. Again I return to my previous comments/assumptions as to why Ndombele didn't start (I can write them again if you haven't seen them/copy and paste them, whatever works).

As for your questions.

a) No. I was disappointed we played Rose over Davies, and Aurier is just a liability. As I walked out of the Munich match, I told my mate I never wanted to see him in our shirt again (I never say that sort of thing). That he is still playing is further illustration of how bricky our options are at RB right now.
b) I actually did feel we could, yes. In fact, I felt that had the game gone into the final 10-15 at 1-1, we'd have been able to exploit the space behind their FBs as they pushed on. Lovren was there for the taking all day, and had envisioned Ndombele coming on and finding joy with his surges and passing. Aurier (for him) looked to be pretty solid, and the winner came after we were denied a blatant free-kick and Mane was "clever"/Aurier farted. I suppose if I am honest, when I see Aurier on the sheet I expect a fart per game. But my feeling at the time was that we could win 2-1. I have to say, one of the biggest issues is the lack of smart running off the ball right now.

Back