• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Spurs fans are funny

- I don't know where this latest flimflam that Ndombele is a brick footballer has surfaced from, the guy can break a press, roll out of being surrounded, great passing and can score himself.
- Everyone who plays with him in training has the same response we used to get with Dembele, see Bale's comments about him
- Because he went off the boil with Jose and then Mason decided to pick his mates for the rest of season changes nothing.

With Nuno and squad now, he'll likely get to sit higher up (leaving the mopping up work to PEH & Skipp) and hopefully be more impactful.
Where does that leave Lo Celso ?

Spurs fans are funny

- I don't know where this latest flimflam that Ndombele is a brick footballer has surfaced from, the guy can break a press, roll out of being surrounded, great passing and can score himself.
- Everyone who plays with him in training has the same response we used to get with Dembele, see Bale's comments about him
- Because he went off the boil with Jose and then Mason decided to pick his mates for the rest of season changes nothing.

With Nuno and squad now, he'll likely get to sit higher up (leaving the mopping up work to PEH & Skipp) and hopefully be more impactful.

He is talented no doubt.

There are serious question marks against him .
Fitness is a major one. The guy has been here two seasons and apart from a handful of occasions has not cut it in the prem. Only glimpses of that talent. Nothing consistent to make some think he’s going to be useful. Myself included.

Hope he proves me wrong as he could be unbelievable. We paid a lot of Money for him and even before we signed him there were questions about his application in games.

Where does that leave Lo Celso ?

It all depends on what we do re the right side (odd that there are very little transfer talk re RW)

If you assume Son +Kane up front (regardless of setup), you have 4 or 3 spots in midfield (5/4 at back)
- PEH, Skipp, Bergwijn, Gil, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Lucas, Dele, Winks as your options (assuming Sissoko is gone)

to me

- Against better teams, you play both Skipp & PEH, only one of Lo Celso or Ndombele plus a wide player (Bergwijn, Gil or Lucas?)
- Against weaker teams, you play only one of PEH or Skipp, you play both Lo Celso and Ndombele and wide player (other option is one plus two wide players)

Lo Celso I believe can play more to right side as well if required.

If fit Ndombele could play in the role Dele has in preseason. Part of a 3 in midfield with quite a lot of freedom to go where he's needed and create.

Dele can rotate as part of the forward 3. Kane, Dele, Son, Moura, Bergwjin, Gil

Still think we may need another CM to rotate with Skipp or Hojberg.

The big question is will Ndombele be fit?

It all depends on what we do re the right side (odd that there are very little transfer talk re RW)

If you assume Son +Kane up front (regardless of setup), you have 4 or 3 spots in midfield (5/4 at back)
- PEH, Skipp, Bergwijn, Gil, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Lucas, Dele, Winks as your options (assuming Sissoko is gone)

to me

- Against better teams, you play both Skipp & PEH, only one of Lo Celso or Ndombele plus a wide player (Bergwijn, Gil or Lucas?)
- Against weaker teams, you play only one of PEH or Skipp, you play both Lo Celso and Ndombele and wide player (other option is one plus two wide players)

Lo Celso I believe can play more to right side as well if required.

Sell with Sissoko and get in another academy player to make a breakthrough. He is a passenger.

If fit Ndombele could play in the role Dele has in preseason. Part of a 3 in midfield with quite a lot of freedom to go where he's needed and create.

Dele can rotate as part of the forward 3. Kane, Dele, Son, Moura, Bergwjin, Gil

Still think we may need another CM to rotate with Skipp or Hojberg.

The big question is will Ndombele be fit?

From what I have seen NES wants his attackers to put pressure on the defence by staying further up the pitch without much tracking back .... could be suitable for a mercurial but lazy player like NDombele. I actually think him and Son could flourish.

Or we can wait and see what plays out with the new manager, new formation, and a full PL season under his belt, before hanging him out to dry?

That is a fair comment and one i do agree with, its all down to Tanguy now and he needs to show that he is the player we all thought/hoped he would be. Its down to him really and he has to show more for sure.

That is a fair comment and one i do agree with, its all down to Tanguy now and he needs to show that he is the player we all thought/hoped he would be. Its down to him really and he has to show more for sure.
He has to show more, but he's already shown amazing quality on the ball even if it's not been with the kind of consistency he needs to find at some point to realise his potential.

I'm amazed some would be happy to see him sold (not saying you're one).

I said the same last summer, I will probably say the same every summer until he either becomes a star or is sold. Him finding consistency and the manager finding the right role for him would be one of the most impactful things that could happen for us.

Ffs he’s coming across as very unprofessional. Getting paid a serious wage (200k a week ?!???) to treat his employer the way he has the last 18 months on and off? No one would have a go if he’s just not up to it ability wise, but to lack the application is just unforgivable.

Hope there’s a valid reason for it, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Get rid, another waste of space at the club

Yes, talented player but attitude just seems wrong.

Our problem is that his £200k pw wage will make him very hard to shift. We dont have a history of subsidising wages at a buying club in order to get players off our books, so I could easily see him being at Spurs til the end of his contract

Well he did come with a big reputation but in all honesty he has been a massive disapointment so far. imo.

I think that's fair comment. He's shown he has incredible talent but the application/attitude just isn't there. I know he gets compared to Dembele a lot and Dembele was drifting for a couple of years before Poch made him the beast he became. I really hope someone can do the same for Ndombele but I just see a laziness/tinkle poor attitude in him that Dembele didn't have. He's close to last chance saloon for me. Talent only gets you so far.

I think that's fair comment. He's shown he has incredible talent but the application/attitude just isn't there. I know he gets compared to Dembele a lot and Dembele was drifting for a couple of years before Poch made him the hunk of burning love he became. I really hope someone can do the same for Ndombele but I just see a laziness/tinkle poor attitude in him that Dembele didn't have. He's close to last chance saloon for me. Talent only gets you so far.

I have said before i do not see him and Lo Celso making a good pairing in CM, i think that once ( if) Lo Celso can stay fit i see him in front of Tanguy to play and the other to miss out. We shall see. I get your point about Dembele but he was a player who for me promised so much but delivered so little of what he could. Maybe Tanguy is the same.

I have said before i do not see him and Lo Celso making a good pairing in CM, i think that once ( if) Lo Celso can stay fit i see him in front of Tanguy to play and the other to miss out. We shall see. I get your point about Dembele but he was a player who for me promised so much but delivered so little of what he could. Maybe Tanguy is the same.

Dunno about that Mousa was regarded as the best player at the club, midfielder in the league and one of the best press resistant midfielders in the world. Ndombele can't get picked ahead of Harry Winks.

Clearly has fitness issues. He is currently a show poney: does a few tricks, goes back in his box. Rarely fit enough to play top-level football. How did we sign this Charleton? Frustrating thing is, if he was dedicated, fit, and just doing the simple things well, his immense talent would kick in and he'd be a massive asset. All he needs to do is get fit, able to run hard for 100 minutes with a break in between. And then enjoy his football. You just get the impression he's fearful underneath it all. Fear of failure is greater than his will to succeed.

Dunno about that Mousa was regarded as the best player at the club, midfielder in the league and one of the best press resistant midfielders in the world. Ndombele can't get picked ahead of Harry Winks.

The point i was trying to make ( maybe badly) is that imo Dembele had the ability to give more then he did on a constant basis imo, the same seems to apply ( so far) to Tanguy.

Back