• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Maybe he was unsure of his positioning and the tactics. Apparently he is in a new country and team.

I’m not writing the lad off or anything. I think he has huge potential. But even if Poch gave him his instructions in Japanese, there is absolutely no excuse for strolling back after you lose the ball. That brick is unacceptable.

This is one of those where stats don’t tell the whole truth. He was dogbrick today and didn’t do the absolute minimum (i.e. work hard). I was encouraged last week and very disappointed today.
Yeah bit of a mixed bag thus far, looked good after the goal last week but didn’t really track back enough today.

Hopefully a few weeks of being coached by Pochettino will shake him out of that French farmers league complacency which sees PSG falter in CL every season.

I’m not writing the lad off or anything. I think he has huge potential. But even if Poch gave him his instructions in Japanese, there is absolutely no excuse for strolling back after you lose the ball. That brick is unacceptable.
But this is precisely what Ndombele does... he is brilliant on the ball, he can tackle and intercept, but when he runs he lopes along languidly. I said it last week and after he played in his first friendly... he is brilliant on the ball, he is decent at tackling etc but when chasing back he lopes languidly, no hurry.

But this is precisely what Ndombele does... he is brilliant on the ball, he can tackle and intercept, but when he runs he lopes along languidly. I said it last week and after he played in his first friendly... he is brilliant on the ball, he is decent at tackling etc but when chasing back he lopes languidly, no hurry.

Then he needs a Poch-sized boot up his hole. That's his attitude as opposed to a physical limitation and hopefully Poch knocks it out of him.

This boy has the talent to go far. He needs to up his game in this respect if this is normal for him.

Thought there were worse performers than him yesterday. Massive ask defensively, hopefully he will do better as he settles into the team and the role Pochettino wants him to play.

Yeah bit of a mixed bag thus far, looked good after the goal last week but didn’t really track back enough today.

Hopefully a few weeks of being coached by Pochettino will shake him out of that French farmers league complacency which sees PSG falter in CL every season.
He has got the Yaya Toure s about him, lumbers along a lot, doesn't mind running forwards but not keen on running backwards. Plus I'm not sure if he was knackered but did a lot of ball watching as City knocked it around rather than holding a position or being aware of where the danger might be next.

Of course he'll settle in and get a lot better, but we will have to be patient. Hopefully what we can benefit from quickly is his ability with the ball. He's a beast with great technique, skill and power...he can make a difference with that.

I think he will need three months to adjust at least. So not slating him or anything. But to laud his performance yesterday as anything other than brick brick is revisionism at its best. His only one decent contribution was the pass for Lamela's goal - and even that wasn't particularly out of this world.

I think he will need three months to adjust at least. So not slating him or anything. But to laud his performance yesterday as anything other than brick brick is revisionism at its best. His only one decent contribution was the pass for Lamela's goal - and even that wasn't particularly out of this world.

We will see the real NDombele next season
After Christmas we will see more of what’s he about with flashes up to then

I will add that he doesn’t work in a 3, but looks better in a 2 (extra space to dribble into maybe)

Back