• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Talking to the Opposition

Walker9009

Chris Gunter
Hello, Everton fan here. Just wondering if I could ask some questions about Tottenham, Everton and the upcoming game. An article and thread will be made on our forum and news site with the answers given if you're so kind.

***QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN TAKEN OUT AS I'M PUTTING IT TOGETHER***

Last edited:
After a wobbly start, i would say most Spurs fans would be very happy with how the manager has conducted himself so far.

Everton have done brilliantly given the limted transfer budget the club has had to contend with for so long.

Your two best players are unavailable aren't they?\o/

Moyes has done very well, for the reasons outlined above. I have a lot of respect for him, as he is dignified. Unlike Wenger and Old Red Nose et al.

You will finish just ahead of you local rivals in sixth place.

2-1 to the Spurs.

Yeah Fellaini and Pienaar are still suspended.

Fellaini being out for Stoke was probably a blessing in disguise so we didn't play into their hands but we'll miss him big time against you.

Got Baines though ;)

How do you think you've fared this season. Has it played out how you were expecting?

We did not start well. Partly due to a couple of injuries partly due to having a new manager, but results picked up. THink we are having a good season. I expected a challenge for the top four, however i did not anticipate the Europa campaign we have embarked on at the same time.

There are always certain players in teams that get the majority of the media praise and I would say this has easily been Gareth Bale and deservedly so, just how do you rank his ability?

Bale has an immense amount of ability. He showed it off in flashes and now he has come into his own. I don't think he's up there with the best, but he's not that far behind them. He is influencing every game he plays and if he can add consistency over a season to that then he will be one of the best players in the league.

Are there any players that haven't been getting the praise they deserve from the media and even your own fan base this season?

Dembele seems to get a bit of flack. I myself think he's had a brilliant season. He's been one of our best players. His ability to glide past players is good and he contributes a lot to our defensive effort.

Are you confident of maintaining your top 4 position by the end of the season?
How do you think the game will play out? Are you expecting Everton to come and sit deep or to come and attack? Are you expecting your Spurs team to go all out? Do you think the European game on Thursday will affect you?

I am confident of maintaining our top four position. I don't think Chelsea are capable of staying with us given the collapse that they have undergone in the league this season. However there are one or two key games. Us against you and us against Chelsea, if we can come away from those two with six points i'd say we've done it. 4 and i'd be happy. Any less and we'd be relying on you or Arsenal to make mistakes.

I don't think the Euro game will affect us, we've just had an international break so the players are a little rested, and we get a 10 day break after the away euro leg to have a rest, so no reason to not give it our all.

I think you will sit deep and try to counter, trying to slot balls through our high line. We often struggle with sides that sit back and counter, and i don't think you can match us man to man with your suspensions. Without Fellani and Pienaar you're just not the same side, but i would expect that. We would suffer too if our best two players were out.

What do you make of your manager André Villas-Boas?

AVB seems to be a good manager. He seems to have either learned his lesson at Chelsea, or not been confronted with the same issues at spurs. Probably both. He knows what he wants his teams to do, and we seem like far more of a team than previously when we were just a collection of individuals.

And Everton.

How do you think we have fared this season?

You're doing very well league wise this season, maintaining a challenge to the top four is difficult yet you're hanging on in there. Still in position to snatch one at the end if anyone slips up. Cup wise? The less said about that the better. The Wigan result was pretty shocking, i watched the game and they just ripped you apart for 5-10 minutes, took their chances and you never recovered.

Who do you think will be the biggest threat to your Spurs side in the upcoming game?

The biggest threat.. Mirallas. He's a very good midfielder. Got an immense engine which will no doubt come into the game if you do end up playing on the counter.

What is your opinion of David Moyes and what do you make of the job he has done for Everton?

I'm in the minority on Moyes i think. He's done an alright job in my mind, not spectacular, but not bad. Over ten years you have occasionally looked like you are about to step up a notch, only to fall back once more. Though his hands are tied by finances, if you don't make the CL this season there will likely be some oil-rich clubs in for Fellani.

Where do you think us Toffees will finish come the end of the season?

I think you'll finish fifth. I think you'll end up above Chelsea, but below us and Arsenal. Though there are obvious key games in that scenario. I'd feel happy if you finish above Liverpool. The superiority complex they seem to have is highly entertaining, and they seem to whine like children when things don't go their way.

Finally, predictions for the game?

Predictions.. mm.. I'm rubbish at these usually. I'll go with 2-1 to spurs. We don't keep many clean sheets, and we don't score that many at home. It'll be a nervy affair though.

Last edited:
How do you think you've fared this season. Has it played out how you were expecting?

Better than expected - but never quite hitting the heights of last season at our best - we've got a better overall team spirit and ethic under AVB than Harry though.

There are always certain players in teams that get the majority of the media praise and I would say this has easily been Gareth Bale and deservedly so, just how do you rank his ability?

Awesome, the hype is deserved. I've stopped being surprised by him, it's like he decides he wants to develop a new aspect to his game every few weeks and does just that.

Are there any players that haven't been getting the praise they deserve from the media and even your own fan base this season?

Parker's had the impossible job of replacing Sandro and after a very shaky start he's been improving of late.

50/50

How do you think the game will play out? Are you expecting Everton to come and sit deep or to come and attack? Are you expecting your Spurs team to go all out? Do you think the European game on Thursday will affect you?

I expect Everton to come at us from the off, due to our having played in Europe. The Thursday game will affect us, the question is how much. I can see us being a little sluggish at the start but improving as the game goes on. First goal is vital.

Doing a great job. Still young. Still learning a bit. Hope he's here a long time.

Moving on to Everton...

Surprising well - good come back especially after the cup exit.

Who do you think will be the biggest threat to your Spurs side in the upcoming game?

Baines

What is your opinion of David Moyes and what do you make of the job he has done for Everton?

Done a very good job, perhaps gone a little stale recently, well organized but tactically a little outdated. Been there so long and he hasn't managed another top club so it's difficult to compare his performance to anything really.

6th

2-1 to Spurs

Hello, Everton fan here. Just wondering if I could ask some questions about Tottenham, Everton and the upcoming game. An article and thread will be made on our forum and news site with the answers given if you're so kind.

So...

we went through a lot of change in the summer - we changed to an entirely different type of manager, we lost three important players in King Modric and Van der Vaart and suffered some fairly long term injuries to first team players Kaboul, Parker and Ekotto - i was thoroughly expecting a transitional season of sorts but held out hope that we'd be able to stay within touching distance of the top 4

at this point nothing has been decided and we can still end up as low as 6th - but i think overall things have played out pretty close to how i called them - losing key players from last season was blatantly going to see a drop in our peak performance levels as the team learns to cope without the creative players it had relied on previously, which has proven to be the case but we have shown in patches what we are capable of and im generally happy with the season as a whole thus far - to be 3rd and in the QFs of the EL at this stage with all the changearound is really quite an achievement at the moment

possibly the most hyped played in the world at the moment, he certainly has someway to go before he reaches the levels that the media are trying to paint him as - i think you'll find very few Spurs fans that actually put him anywhere near to Ronaldo and Messi (despite what others will have you believe) but outside of that level he's very much in with the best of them - RVP, Suarez and Bale are the most exciting players in the Premiership this season without doubt.

as usual Aaron Lennon get's severely over looked - he doesn't score/assist as much as you'd perhaps expect a 'top' player in his position to but his overall game/work rate really is top draw and we miss him more than any other player (even Bale) when he is not available (see our recent 3 match losing streak)

yes

How do you think the game will play out?

we're hard to predict at home - id imagine it will be closely fought with few opportunities for either side

Are you expecting Everton to come and sit deep or to come and attack?

haven't followed Everton much this season, i expect you'll come to disgruntle us a little, work us hard and try to force errors

Are you expecting your Spurs team to go all out?

No chance

Do you think the European game on Thursday will affect you?

i don't personally, we're at home midweek in the first leg of the tie so the effects on the side should be minimal

big hopes for him here, think he carries himself with a class and style that with have been missing for several years now.

Moving on to Everton...

about right really, good to see you in with a shout of still getting in on the action (although hopefully it won't be at our expense)

Pienaar is bound to score

from the outside looking in it seems he is a master at getting a fairly average bunch of players to consistently pull together and punch above their weight - for example we saw Pienaar come here and quite frankly he looked mediocre but for you he looks a world beater. it seems there is a very clear ethos of the team above the individual, which is admirable. he has kept you in around the top 10 on a shoe string budget for such a long time now that he deserves praise he gets. not sure he'll do better elsewhere - i think he's found his niche with you, not sure he'd be a success elsewhere (ie bigger club with more money)

6th though i'll be praying that you finish above both Arsenal and Chelsea

2-1 home win

Cheers :)

don't forget to link us to the final article

Yeah Fellaini and Pienaar are still suspended.

Fellaini being out for Stoke was probably a blessing in disguise so we didn't play into their hands but we'll miss him big time against you.

Got Baines though ;)

I like your lot proper club and even when you were good and winning stuff you never behaved like ****s like liverpool did, everton are my favourite of the north west clubs and as long as you do not win the lottery like city i will always have time for your club. Did hope that we would both make top 4 and keep chelsea and arsenal out but i doubt that is going to happen.

Really hope you keep hold of your players and your manager and if they do go you get a bloody big fee for them so you can reinvest. I did a thread earlier in the season asking how much a threat everton are to us this season which shows the level of respect i have for your club.

Proper club, good fans nice chairman good youth system, i hope we smash you but after that good luck for the rest of the season.

How is barkley getting on? he was meant to be the next superstar wasn't he?

Its played out better than I thought it would. I backed AVB in the summer, but wasnt quite sure how we'd fare without Modric, and without someone to score goals. To still be in with a shout of 3rd, having not played the kind of football I think that we're capable of, is definitely something to get excited about.

I have to whisper it quietly, but I've spent a fair amount of time slagging Bale off this season: too greedy, somewhat one dimensional [altho that dimension was still immense]. The West Ham game changed all that for me; the character he showed to score a goal like the matchwinning one made me curse every bad word I'd said about him. Ditto the first Lyon game. I think that, backs against the wall, there are very few players better than him...its when things arent quite so intense that I'm not sure about his status amongst the best. He could bully poor defences/defenders a bit more.

Hugo Lloris has got alot of praise on here, but nowhere near the level he deserves in the media; I put that down to England's view of goalkeeping though. When a goalkeeper is making flying saves every week the media love him, but they dont pick up on the moments like Lloris against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, just before Bales winning goal. He may have the odd gaffe in him, but his anticipation takes so much pressure of our defence.

Im reluctant to make any predictions about us at home, and I havent seen much of Everton this year. If we start well I think we'll take it, but i think alot will depend on what sort of game Aaron Lennon has. He has the defensive mind to combat Leighton Baines, and the technical ability to have him pinned back.

I must confess, I've got a bit of man-love for AVB, have had since I heard he might be joining us. He seemed like a good fit for us, for Levy, for the team; I like his humility, and the way we seem to be planning for a future now. Even if we dont get champions league, or lost important players, I feel now that we have a strategy in place that surpasses individual ability or ambition.

Having not seen much of Everton, I can only give my a reasoned opinion on David Moyes, and that is one of...meh. I respect what he's done in the context of the situation at the club, but I find it difficult to get excited about anything that he does. I always seem to take notice of Everton at the wrong times - just when they go on a blip. Overall, I think he's a very good manager, but not one that captures my imagination. He's probably the closest thing to Ferguson that I've ever seen, certainly, and I feel much the same way about him [on a slightly bigger scale].

I like your lot proper club and even when you were good and winning stuff you never behaved like ****s like liverpool did, everton are my favourite of the north west clubs and as long as you do not win the lottery like city i will always have time for your club. Did hope that we would both make top 4 and keep chelsea and arsenal out but i doubt that is going to happen.

Really hope you keep hold of your players and your manager and if they do go you get a bloody big fee for them so you can reinvest. I did a thread earlier in the season asking how much a threat everton are to us this season which shows the level of respect i have for your club.

Proper club, good fans nice chairman good youth system, i hope we smash you but after that good luck for the rest of the season.

How is barkley getting on? he was meant to be the next superstar wasn't he?

He was, but Moyes seems reluctant to give him a proper chance. 10 minutes here and there for us but 2 very good loan spells in the Championship where he was apparently Sheffield Wednesdays and then Leeds' best player.

I think he'll be in the team a lot more next season be it with Moyes or a different manager.

How do you think you've fared this season. Has it played out how you were expecting? Challenging for top 4 position, nothing less than I expected from a team of our quality. Our run in Europe has taken me a little by surprise as before we seemed to be tactically inept against european teams.

There are always certain players in teams that get the majority of the media praise and I would say this has easily been Gareth Bale and deservedly so, just how do you rank his ability? Bale certainly deserves the priase he's receiving, there isn't another player in the Premier League with his ability to turn a game. Best player in the EPL? Possibly, as good as Messi and Ronaldo? the jury is out, given time he might be.

Are there any players that haven't been getting the praise they deserve from the media and even your own fan base this season? The rest of the team! Lloris has been a top GK for us and made some very improtant saves, Vertonghen has been solid at the back and scored some very useful goals. Dembele has had a good season as well.

Are you confident of maintaining your top 4 position by the end of the season? Yes, we are still ahead on points and neither Chelsea nor Arsenal have got the points yet to overtake us.

How do you think the game will play out? Are you expecting Everton to come and sit deep or to come and attack? Are you expecting your Spurs team to go all out? Do you think the European game on Thursday will affect you? I wouldn't expect Everton to do anything different than look for a point at WHL and try to sneak a win on the counter. The game on Thursday shouldn't affect us as it'll be two different XIs we put out.

What do you make of your manager André Villas-Boas? I'll admit that he has surprised me and I'm very pleased with him, he seems to have the players in the right frame of mind and playing how he wants them to play, something he didn't do with the "big names" at Chelsea. Perhaps the problems he had there weren't him but more Terry, Lampard and Drogba.

Moving on to Everton... Who?? j/k

How do you think we have fared this season? Another solid season, nothing spectacular but still solid.

Who do you think will be the biggest threat to your Spurs side in the upcoming game? Mirallas and Baines, Mirallas has been very good for you this season and a threat against any team. Baines is IMHO the best LB in the league.

What is your opinion of David Moyes and what do you make of the job he has done for Everton? I still can't work Moyes out, he seems to lack ambition (not looked to move to a "bigger" club) and doesn't seem to have what it takes to move Everton on (maybe lack of money). He's done a good job but to be honest Everton are where they should be (challenging for a top 6-7 place) and probably still would be without Moyes.

Where do you think us Toffees will finish come the end of the season? 6th, can't see you picking up enough points to go above Arsenal or Chelsea but it'll still be enough to finish above the red ones.

2-1 to Spurs, we'll go 2 up and then hang on in a last ten minute onslaught.

Rather better than expected in the circumstances. After a tentative start, AVB has adapted the squad well to have us challenging in the top 4.

He's beginning to show just how good he can be. He might be counted amongst the very best one day, although he's not quite there yet, and still has his off-days, as we saw in the Fulham game. We rely too heavily on him at the moment, though, and when Bale doesn't deliver, Spurs usually don't deliver.

Parker has been handed a difficult task filling in for Sandro and seems to take a lot of stick; Sigurðsson has struggled at times but been very unlucky and in another universe might have 7 or 8 goals under his belt for us; Lennon, I often think, doesn't get enough credit for the amount of work he does for us defensively.

Not really, no; I think it's very much in the balance and will likely come down to the final game.

We will probably be fielding a fair few that will have been in action against Basel on the Thursday, so I don't expect Moyes just to have them sitting back and allowing us to dictate the pace of the game. Having said that, I can see it being a cagey affair, with chances few and far between. I think set-pieces will be important and both sides will have to be very careful about giving away free-kicks around the 18-yard box.

I like him. I think he has clearly learned from the Chelsea debacle, and he's showing what the injection of a modicum of tactical preparation, and not just a pep talk and a pat on the back, can lead to with a quality group of players.

Moving on to Everton...

I fully expected the Toffees to be up there challenging for the European spots, and once again, they've shown what can be done even on a relatively modest budget. They play some entertaining stuff and always offer a stern test. I think we used to have the Indian sign over you a little bit; there used to be this funny little ménage à trois in which we always seemed to beat Everton, Everton always seemed to beat Liverpool and Liverpool always seemed to beat us. That's not true any more, though, and I'm expecting a hard game Sunday.

Baines and Mirallas are the obvious two.

Can come across rather as the stereotypical dour Scot, but dignified and still likeable with it (unlike some) and clearly a very good manager with a strong streak of pragmatism and emphasis on the team ethic. Plainly a no-nonsense personality, who is prepared to stand on the football his sides play and the results they produce. I think he's done a grand job. I could see him as a decent each-way bet in the running for the OT gig, TBH.

I'll say 6th.

1-1.

Edit: I see most people are predicting a Spurs win. I think the three points available in this game could make the difference between 3rd and 5th for us.

Last edited:

Slow start but in hindsight, expected given the upheavel over the summer in terms of management and players. It has gone a bit better than I expected but I still don't think we have played enough teams off the park but I can live with that if we are pikcing up results.

World Class. He is one of a few players in this league who are worth an admission fee on his own.

Not really although Lennon hasn't been noticed quite as much by people until we missed him a few weeks back. Even if he isnt having a great game, he is a cause for concern for any opposition and occupies their thoughts. By default, he opens the door for others to do their thing without needing to do anything at times.

Not overly but thats understandable given how tight it is. We will finish where we deserve to but I am hopeful it will be in the top 4.

I think Everton will come and be difficult to break down and will play on the counter. It has been that way the last few seasons and this sunday will be no different. I expect Spurs to be considered and methodical in their attempts to get the 3 points - This will be reflected in the scoreline.

Like him and rate him as a manager - Think he fits the club well.

Moving on to Everton...

Very well again - Given the investment to still be competing with the top 4 is a good result

Mirallas and Baines

Very good job overall.

6th

1-0 Spurs

Last edited:

Pretty well, considering we’ve lost some of our best players (Modric, VDV and King all leaving is a big blow, though as a team we seem to be a better unit this year). When we show weaknesses ie. conceding late goals (notably the two at Goodison!) AVB seems to step in to rectify them, which has worked fairly well. Really need to finish in the top 4 to build on what is a very promising team though.

He’s just a brilliant player to watch, and I enjoy having him play for us week in week out. The initial bout of the media over hyping him seemed to lead to a lot of people underrating him, but I think most doubters have been turned this season, as he’s taken his overall play to another level. Obviously any mentions of him being up with the best in the world are overstated (he would also need to show it on the biggest stage before we can start throwing those terms around, although hopefully he’ll get the chance to do so at Spurs!) but he’s had a fantastic season, and he’s got a brilliant attitude- he’s constantly seeking to improve elements of his game.

I think Sandro can get a bit overlooked at times by opposition fans, he’d been consistently one of our best players until his injury, and hopefully he’ll come back in the same form. Lloris has also been brilliant since settling in as first choice goalkeeper, and Lennon’s often underrated. His tireless workrate, defensive efforts, and general play, are hugely missed when he’s out. Vertonghen has also been brilliant.

Not really, it could go any way at the moment, and we’ve got a tough run in on paper. Of the teams challenging for 4th, Arsenal look to have the most comfortable set of games, and it’s hard to predict how Chelsea will do. Would be lovely to pip Chelsea after how last season panned out though!

Think you’ll be defensively pretty solid, and very disciplined. Hoping Bale and Lennon have good games as that’ll probably be the key to stopping one of your best outlets, and utilising ours.

Not sure, some players have looked tired at times, but they've had a bit of a break and should be fairly fresh.

I really like him, I hope he gets the chance to bring in a few choice additions this summer, and we secure 4th, so he has a better opportunity to build on the team. He seems to have learned from his time at Chelsea, though granted he wasn’t to blame for the bizarre dressing room politics there. The team seem to know what they’re doing, and what the game plan is, whereas we didn’t always last season.

Moving on to Everton...

Very good so far.

Mirallas and Baines are the obvious picks.

I like him, he makes astute buys, and gets the team working incredibly well as a unit.

Dream scenario would be you 4th with us in 3rd, though I think probably 6th. Hopefully above Liverpool.

2-1 Spurs

I think we've done well apart from the losses to Liverpool and Fulham. Hopefully we won't slip up like last season but with Everton, Chelsea and City coming up I'm very concerned that we will. However, when we hadn't won either of our first two games I was worried we'd finish around 7th and didn't think Villas-Boas would do as well as he has so he has exceededmy expectations.

I think he's one of the best in the world. His ability is outstanding, not just too score as many as he does but too score as many spectaculor goals as he does. He's by far our best player, I'm just worried that he might leave, perhaps not this summer but next.

Usually I'd have one or two players I'd mention but wouldn't say there are any this season in my opinion. Those who have played well have been praised.

No, I'm very worried about it. The next three games will be very tricky and if we don't get at least 5 points I'll be very concerned.

I expect that Everton will look to play on the counter against us. I expect that we will look for the first goal and I would hope Thursdays game wouldn't affect us, if we don't pick up any injuries (touch wood) I don't think it will affect us greatly as we've had to cope with it all season.

Very promising. I enjoy the style of football he's been playing and he's done a good job replacing Redknapp, who in my opinion shouldn't have been sacked anyway. He's got the best out of Gareth Bale and appears to have a very good relationship with him. I also enjoy the passion he shows, you can tell he loves his job and is eager to succed.

Moving on to Everton...

You've played very well. Everton are a team who always seem to cope well with a relativley small budget and Moyes has a good knack for signing relativley unheard of players and getting the best out of them. He's done a much better job with Pinear than Harry did and it's suprised me to see how good he has been this season. Everton havea lot to build on for next season and keeping Fellani wil be key although I can see him joining Chelsea in the ummer. If you do lose him and can find a adequate replacment then I'm sure you'll still be in the top six next season. I'm also sure you'll be happy to hear that I definantly think your the number one team in Liverpool at the moment :p

As everyone has said Milaris and Baines. I am however very glad that Pinnear won't be playing. Ex-Tottenham players always come back to haunt us!

A top boss, always does the job with a small budget. Think he might eventually start to get tired of not breaking in to the top four though as you need the budget to do so really. Suprised Chelsea haven't gone for him yet to be honest, especially considering the ammount of bosses they've had in the last few years.

I think you'll finish sixth but it's gonna be very tight.

1-1 draw.

We've done as well as expected. We lost Modric, and AVB didn't fancy VDV but we also brought in Vertonghen, Lloris and Dembele. Bale started to roam a lot last season to our detriment at times, but it seems he has learned a lot from doing it and has gone up another gear this season. He is now playing the same role that VDV fulfilled and is doing it better. So our first team is better than last years, and the league is weaker. I'd be very disappointed if we don't get top four, or at least get within a couple of points of it.

I don't think we're as attractive to watch as recent seasons, but Bale alone is worth the admission price.

Second best player in the Premiership, behind Van Persie. He is a superb player and I am enjoying watching him at Spurs because I don't think he'll be around much longer. If we don't qualify for the Champion's League this time around I think he'll be off in the Summer and even if we do I think he'll only stick around for another season unless we suddenly make the transformation from top four challengers to genuine title contenders.

Neither of our keepers have gotten the praise they deserve. They've both been fantastic this season. Lennon is crucial to us, especially now Bale doesn't stay wide left, but that is more because we don't have a natural replacement for him than him being individually brilliant (he is still a very good important player for us though). I'd say the one Spurs player who deserves a lot more credit than he has got this year is Scott Parker. He has played just as well as Sandro, but seems to be hated. Or maybe it is just this forum!

No! I think ourselves, Chelsea and Arsenal are very close and it could go in any order. Everton have a tough run in, but certainly aren't out of it yet either but I think it's a big ask for them.

Everton need the 3pts more than we do, so should come at us. But I think at home we're favourites and we'll be too strong for you and should get the 3 points. If it was at Goodison Park I'd say that you guys were favourites!

It's too early to say for the long term as I don't think he has the type of players he wants and that we aren't playing the formation he wants. We are in a hybrid state, as most clubs are when a new Manager arrives. It is only once he has things the way he wants it should he be judged. This season he has done OK so far, but I'd like us to try and rely on Bale to dig us out of poor performances a little less and try to play a bit more attractive football. Especially at home.

Moving on to Everton...

I think you've done as well as can be expected. Like us you don't have anyone bankrolling you or a massive stadium. If you get top six this season I think it's a good achievement. If you get top five it's a great achievement.

Baines against Walker. I am already scared!

I like him and I think he is doing a good job at Everton. It's frustrating that you don't have more money. It'd be interesting to see what he'd be like if he could buy some names to go with the excellent organisation and work ethic the Everton sides have. He has even got you playing more attractive football which must be nice for you.

6th or 7th but I'd like to see you finish 4th with Spurs 3rd!

3-1 to Spurs.

I have a lot of respect for Moyes and EFC on the whole in what they have achieved this season and over the last ten years. Normally consitency is the problem but this year they are right up there and I would imagine a lot of your fans will feel positive about this game. Spurs are third but it is still in Everton's hands if they finish above us and there's only 8 games left.

With similar Spurs blinkers on I think we should win. But our biggest threat? Our own fans, we just havent done well enough at home this year and part of the problem is the pressure our own fans put on the side. So if I were a betting man, 0-0 at half-time and 0-1 Everton at full time would be good value.

Hopefully we will get the points we need, and kick on to finish third. Fourth is the most likely spot for us. For you, I hope and expect you will beat Liverpool again, which will be deserved and very pleasing.... heaps the pressure on them there. If you get anything out of the games against us and Arsenal, well you will be in with a very good shout of a CL spot - if you lose both, then it is 5th at a stretch.

Enjoy the match but not too match, and after Sunday - good luck for the season ;)

We should have won at Everton but how we bounced back after that result was not like the old Spurs. We should have won at Liverpool, too.

Liverpool deserved a draw at WHL but lost so let's hope the same thing happens for the Toffees!

Are Pienaar and Fellaini out for our match but available for their match against the Scum?

Our season's panned out better than most of us expected. To be in the top four with seven games to go was perhaps conceivable, but to do it while advancing to the quarter-finals of the Europa League, a notoriously demanding competition, is an indicator of AVB's bettering of pre-season expectations this season.

He is the best player we've had at the club for the last decade, in my opinion. He's just about earned that accolade, pipping Luka Modric, Ledley King and Dimitar Berbatov. The best thing about him is how he's changed his game, every single season post 2009-2010. He was a devilishly fast 'traditional' left winger in 2010-2011, but was eventually figured out by the opposition towards the end of that season. He then adapted to become more of an 'inside-left' player last season, often to frustrating effect (his wandering across the pitch sent many a Spurs supporter into apoplectic rage), but contributed some stunning performances while learning the tricks of the trade. This season, he's become a full-on attacking midfielder, drifting across the width of the pitch and providing a huge amount of our attacking impetus. That kind of rapid change is difficult to accomplish for even the most seasoned players, so to see this lad adapt so effortlessly shows you just how good he's become.

Aaron Lennon. He's consistently overlooked by the media, and by most England managers when it comes to team selection. Occasionally, our own fan-base will venture to suggest that he needs to score more or assist more. But that's missing the point. Whenever he's been out, our team has struggled. Almost without exception. He provides balance to the side, and is an enormously intelligent footballer. Combine that with his excellent defensive skills and ability to burst past players on the break, and you get the sort of player you can build a team around. Sure, he doesn't score that many, but he does so much that is underappreciated.

Relatively confident. We have seven games left, and have garnered 57 points. Since no team reaching the 70-point mark has ever failed to gain CL football, that's a safe target to aim for. Now, that means four wins and a draw from our last seven games. Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan and Southampton should be where we look to gain maximum points, leaving us with the luxury of requiring only one point from the games versus yourselves, City and Chelsea to see us through.

Moyes has gained a great deal of satisfaction by setting his teams up to hit the opposition on the break. When you're in full flow, with Mirallas, Pienaar, Jelavic et al contributing, you can be very ,very hard to stop when on one of those quick counters. Though Pienaar and Fellaini won't be present against us, in Mirallas you still have a player that can hurt us on the break (as Stoke have learned), so I expect Moyes to sit deep and aim to employ that tactic. As for us, Basel will be tiring, no doubt, but I think the suspension of Pienaar and Fellaini gives us a major incentive to pick up three points here, and I imagine AVB will remind the players of the same. Thus, I don't expect too many tired legs. We'll probably go all out for the first twenty to thirty minutes, and then sit back and try to soak up the pressure. If we haven't got a goal, we'll do the same in the second half: fifteen to twenty minutes of pressure, followed by a period of 'safe' possession.

Young, intelligent, respects the club, seems genuinely happy here, tries to get the team playing the right way, and is possessed of a fan-favourite assistant manager in Steffen Freund. What's not to like?

Moving on to Everton...

The first few months were amazing, but that tail-off around January-ish seriously hurt your chances of CL football. Mirallas was absent then, I believe, and I don't think that's a coincidence.Now he's returned, you've gotten back into the groove, and I expect a strong finish from you guys.

Mirallas. An amazing footballer, if somewhat profligate. It'll be up to our Belgian (Vertonghen) to contain your Belgian.

He hasn't had too much support from Kenwright over the years, and when looked at it that way I think he's done quite well. However, I also think that at least one trophy in the ten-odd years he's been at the club wouldn't be to much to ask considering Everton's stature, and in this respect he's let the club down somewhat, especially when you consider the finals/semi-finals you guys have reached over the years.

Sixth. Ahead of Liverpool. Watch out for them next season though, I think they'll be a threat if they hold on to Suarez.

2-1 Spurs, Bale and Sigurdsson for us versus a peach from Mirallas/Jelavic for you guys.

Better than expected & i am happy with the season so far

Quality player. Not on the same level as Messi or Ronaldo but probably the best British born player in the league.

Lennon is generally underrated by non-Spurs fans, all our players get slagged off by our fans, even Bale after the Fulham game. Fickle.

Yes - we will win - Everton will sit deep - no - yes.

Liking his style & i like his man mangement, he doesnt appear to hold grudges like Redknapp.

Moving on to Everton...

Everton are doing well. I know some Toffees are unhappy with your style of play but i think Moyes makes the most of the players & resouces available to him.

Kyle Walker? ;-)

As above

6th. A proper club with proper fans & personally i hope you get another season in Europe.

Im am rubbish at predictions but i will say 2-1 to the Mighty Spurs

Back