• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Syncing calendars across ios and Android

NickTB

Alan Hutton
I'm about to sell on my iPhone 6s plus and buy a Galaxy edge as the iPhone as great as it is, is just too big. The only sticking point is the calendar. Currently my wife and I share a calendar on our phones so as I add a date in, it automatically appears on her iPhone. And vice versa. This is imperative as we have 2 year old twins and a 5 year old who's social diaries are much busier than ours!
So before I pull the trigger, is this something that can be shared across platforms? Any advice would be most welcome.

Pretty sure you can use Google Calendar on both platforms - and you'll probably be able to import whatever you're using now into Google.

Whether Google will do everything you want it to - or whether you like it (subjectively) is another matter... but I'm pretty sure, technically speaking, it'll work.

Pretty sure you can use Google Calendar on both platforms - and you'll probably be able to import whatever you're using now into Google.

Whether Google will do everything you want it to - or whether you like it (subjectively) is another matter... but I'm pretty sure, technically speaking, it'll work.

Do you now if it notifies the other person when a new date has been entered?

Do you now if it notifies the other person when a new date has been entered?
Pretty sure it should do - but I don't know for sure; you'll have to look into that I'm afraid. It's basically just a central calendar that both devices will link into. I use it and I'm happy with it. It works on my iPad, my Kindle (which is a form of Android) and my Windows PC. So it works across devices. But I'm the only one who uses it; so I've not looked into notifications to other users.

I just shared my Google calendar with my wife's iPhone earlier today. Don't know if it worked, I'll find out when I get home.

I tried to synch/share my Hotmail/Outlook calendar on my iPhone/Windows laptop with my wife's Samsung Android and it got rather confusing... seemed to work OK... but then people were emailing me meeting invites, I would accept the invite and she'd appear on them as having accepted it too... so many confusing options, gave up in the end and stopped sharing, life is too short for that!

I tried to synch/share my Hotmail/Outlook calendar on my iPhone/Windows laptop with my wife's Samsung Android and it got rather confusing... seemed to work OK... but then people were emailing me meeting invites, I would accept the invite and she'd appear on them as having accepted it too... so many confusing options, gave up in the end and stopped sharing, life is too short for that!
Yeah, that's what worries me... The iPhone calendar is just so easy to sync. I'm concerned I'll struggle with it!

Back