• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Swansea ratings

I think Brad deserves a good rating. He took the sting out of the game on a number of occasions and that was a fantastic stop from Michu.
We panicked a bit second half and Michu cetainly had the better of it against Michael but he was passing very well.
We won so the team selected was correct but I am sorry but if Parker never started another game for Spurs I would not weep. Naughton exposed and if Dembele was supposed to be left midfield he did not help much.
Bale was sensational and Verts was good.

If his replacement was Livermore I would. Right now we don't really have much choice. Expect to see Parker in the majority of our remaining games. We can delve into the whole who stays/who goes debacle once the season is over.

Lennon fantastic today? Hmmm

Im a fan of Walker but he was shaky today, never assured.

Agree with that! THought he was completely anonymous! Still, its 90 mins under his belt hopefully without a recurrence of his injury.

I though Lennon, Defoe, Adebayor, Dembele and Naughton were all poor today. Also shows how little AVB thinks of Thudd that he never brings him on even when Dembele isnt really doing anything.

Still, great result and improves our chances of top 4 particuarly with Cheatski losing

If his replacement was Livermore I would. Right now we don't really have much choice. Expect to see Parker in the majority of our remaining games. We can delve into the whole who stays/who goes debacle once the season is over.
agree that parker > livermore

agree that parker > livermore

Parker is miles better than livermore! And for all the criticism he receives, I think people forget that he actually isnt our first choice in that position. How many teams have a better defensive midfielder than Parker? Very few aside from CL regulars

we should have two additional ratings for us fans:

1. entertainment value - how much we enjoyed the game
2. health hazard risk - how much the game took out of us fans

Friedel 6.5 not at fault for the goal and it seemed like he was more prepared to come off the line more, if this was delibrate i am impressed with his effort.

Walker 6 out of position a few times but his pace often gets him out of trouble, i know he comes in for some stick but i feel we would miss him if he was not in the squad, that said im all for giving naughton a chance.

Vertonghen 8 Man of the match for us, quality player, looked a little jaded a month ago but with a little rest he has shown his true class.

Dawson 6.5 Lost out in the air to many times to Michu and that is not something i did not expect from him.

Naughton 6 Lots of effort but i really do not feel he is a left back so hard to judge.

Siggy 6.5 So close with his chances, reminds me of when bale had his bad run with us. The is a class player in their and he needs to play in the central attacking role to get the best out of him.

Parker 4.5 Poor player skill wise as we have always know but his tackling was awful again today, really hope he gets moved on in the summer.

Dembele 5.5 Good player but not the playmaker we need, today expecailly second half he was poor and let swansea get a foot hold in the game, looks better when not aside parker.

Lennon 6 Not his best game but we need a playmaker to give him the ball and running into space when we are under the cosh, no one is doing that for us and using the best of lennon.

Bale 8 I just love him and am going to enjoy him for as long as i can, starting to show great passing range now as well.

Ade 4 He held the ball up but he barely passed it to one of our players and his shooting is just awful, i can not see any difference between him and someone like jason roberts. Just an awful player.

Defoe 5.5 Lacks quality but always tries hard, his shooting and style is predictable but he is what he is.

AVB 7 With better players he would have a better team, that may sound silly but you can see he is trying to do the right thing. I hope he sticks around, i have decided i like him.

Lennon getting through the game without any injury problems is mission accomplished really. A lot of our players have been away on international duty. We got the 3 points we needed and now we have a game against Basel to hopefully improve confidence and fitness before Everton. This is one midweek game that is actually quite useful in many ways.

I only watched the first 35 minutes before nerves got the better of me, and I thought were awesome up until then. We were up for it from the go. It was like 1970's Holland at some points, bit of an exaggeration perhaps, but the nature of the goals were befitting of a team as great as that.

I still long for Sandro's return though - to hell with all the money wasted on research into life threatening illnesses - why isn't money being spent on finding a way to fix a cruciate ligament injury within a matter of days?

And the left side remains a major issue since Bale's movement inside - I'd like to see how Townsend and Rose fare when they come back next season.

Parker is miles better than livermore! And for all the criticism he receives, I think people forget that he actually isnt our first choice in that position. How many teams have a better defensive midfielder than Parker? Very few aside from CL regulars

Yep parker is better then livermore. Livermore had a big chance against liverpool and blew it as far as i am concerned, infact when ever we start with livermore he looks poor but when he comes on in the second half when teams are pressing us and he does not have to show skill or inventive passing he looks okish. I would bring on livermore in the second half of games to give parker a breather around the 70 minute mark.

Would actually look into getting huddlestone into our europa league matches, not that i really rate him anymore but just feel that parker would benefit from the rest and not be so frazzled in the league matches and huddlestone is suited to europe and i do not really care about the europa league anyway.

I only watched the first 35 minutes before nerves got the better of me, and I thought were awesome up until then. We were up for it from the go. It was like 1970's Holland at some points, bit of an exaggeration perhaps, but the nature of the goals were befitting of a team as great as that.

I still long for Sandro's return though - to hell with all the money wasted on research into life threatening illnesses - why isn't money being spent on finding a way to fix a cruciate ligament injury within a matter of days?

And the left side remains a major issue since Bale's movement inside - I'd like to see how Townsend and Rose fare when they come back next season.

Yep, naughton is not a left back, he is maybe a decent right back but not a left back. Seems avb does not fancy ekotto so rose would get the games he wants.

We have been missing a threat on the left since bale moved inside, dempsey and siggy are not good for out there. I would sell both even though i like siggy and put townsend out there next season. If we look like selling bale i would keep siggy because he is perfect for the role of box to box scoring midfielder like lampard.

Well, I beg to differ about Jake. Like AVB I thought we put in a great performance against Liverpool.
I am thinking of the future and that does not include Parker. If his name was Jacques Livermorio he would be better appreciated here.

Well, I beg to differ about Jake. Like AVB I thought we put in a great performance against Liverpool.
I am thinking of the future and that does not include Parker. If his name was Jacques Livermorio he would be better appreciated here.

I like livermore but feel he is limited, a bit like parker. But i also felt livermore did a good job filling in at right back the other year so i like that he can play other positions. I would keep livermore as a squad player and he may improve but i would get rid of parker and look for a better ball winner for midfield. Someone like alonso at madrid if the rumours are true he want to leave, would be good for a season or two and add experince to the squad.

he cant pass, cant tackle and isnt someone who gets into shooting positions. He's just big and doesnt have the basics required to be a PL footballer

He runs, tackles and passes simple. That's what he's there to do and in the main he does it well enough.

Jake runs, tackles and passes simple. That's what he's there to do and in the main he does it well enough.

Exactly. I think AVB has judged Parker's experience will be of more value to us over the finishing stretch but hopefully we can qualify for ECL with a couple of games to spare and Jake will get more game time.
I am not expecting him to be a starter but I think he is certainly a squad player..maybe a bit better?

Totally, no workrate, nothing, cant get in the box, cant pass, cant tackle.

You missed out the fact that he is unable to trap even a bag of cement. His main job seems to be to come on when we're winning, and trying to spice the game by repeatedly letting this ball bounce off his feet to an opponent.

I can't see him making a career at any club in the PL. He's a mid table championship player at best.

I like livermore but feel he is limited, a bit like parker. But i also felt livermore did a good job filling in at right back the other year so i like that he can play other positions. I would keep livermore as a squad player and he may improve but i would get rid of parker and look for a better ball winner for midfield. Someone like alonso at madrid if the rumours are true he want to leave, would be good for a season or two and add experince to the squad.

I don't think we could get Alonso, he's still quality and teams like Bayern, UTD and Milan would be after him before we stood a chance. I've never really thought highly of Parker, but I always thought that he had a good strong tackle. Nowadays he gets his man more than the ball, or he missed out completely and is left on the floor whilst play goes on around him. He's too slow and weak now to play the physical game. Definite upgrade for next season, or maybe we could have Dembele do the defensive work, at present he is doing that a lot better than Parker.

I don't think we could get Alonso, he's still quality and teams like Bayern, UTD and Milan would be after him before we stood a chance. I've never really thought highly of Parker, but I always thought that he had a good strong tackle. Nowadays he gets his man more than the ball, or he missed out completely and is left on the floor whilst play goes on around him. He's too slow and weak now to play the physical game. Definite upgrade for next season, or maybe we could have Dembele do the defensive work, at present he is doing that a lot better than Parker.

Preach.

Back