• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because it flatters their egos, to present the idea that they actually know more about the club - and it's not just as simple as Daniel Levy being a tightfisted prick. Ooooooooh no, that's faaaaaar too simplistic and simply must be dismissed with an needlessly patronising tone.

I find it hilarious that the blame for not sourcing a striker was - at one piont in time - laid at the feet of Redknapp. Apparently he was clueless, no plan, no direction, no perception of where the team was weak. All hail AVB - he'll see it; he's the messiah - he'll bring us our wonderful striker!

Nah, no fudging striker. Change of manager, but no fudging striker. Guess what, who's the ever-present?

KNOCK! KNOCK! Yep, it's Daniel Levy girls and boys.

You're right, I think "Daniel Levy being a tightfisted prick" is way too simplistic. I mean, what is his motivation for being a tightfisted prick?

While at the club Redknapp bought 3 strikers for a total of around £40m. Under Daniel Levy, the ever-present.

Levy knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing.

Oh wow Daniel, you saved us £1m! Here, have a pat on the back - well done.

Any chance you could buy us a striker though, as we haven't scored for 5 games and we're in the bottom half.

But hey, you saved £1m - you absolute financial genius.

So instead of answering my question and attempting a rational conversation you would rather just rant. Fine. Rant away. You know what, you should get a twitter account!

"few days or a week".......that sounds like a bid for Damiao, in a few days if Brazil get knocked out of the semi, in a week if they go through to the final

still, if Levy bids peanuts then AVB might be a tad optimistic

"few days or a week".......that sounds like a bid for Damiao, in a few days if Brazil get knocked out of the semi, in a week if they go through to the final

You'd think initial bids and negotiations were done now if he thinks it's close.

Damiao has already scored 4 goals, maybe another goal or two a club like Inter or Milan make a bid and we are blown out of the window

What parts exactly. The one where you ignore my question and move the conversation onto something else?

The part where you suggest with factual certainty what happened with Ade last season based on some newspaper article and go on to question my info as ITK since I wouldn't know what's happening in the club. Righto.

The premise would be that Levy probably realized that a strike force of Defoe, Kane and Coulibaly probably wouldn't be good enough. But instead of going out signing someone on his own Abramovich style he did actually wait until he knew who the manager would be and then consulted that manager about who we should buy.

This does not imply "most difficult", or in any way a "crusade". Just that he would go out and try to sign the player the manager preferred. In some cases that player might be one of the more available players out there like Vertonghen or Sigurdsson, in other cases it might be a player that was difficult to get like Adebayor.

Yes, I have insinuated that Levy probably tries to get the player the manager prefers. It seem to me rather likely.

He signed Vertonghen and Sigurdsson before him (we were linked with them for ages) - because we needed a CB, etc. What is so outlandish to suggest he could have also signed a quality striker prior to that - it's been on the agenda since Berbatov left, ffs. This is nothing new

Adebayor isn't difficult to get - there is only one problem and that is wages like with most mercenaries

Tell me honestly - seeing that you have constructed a convinient scenario of what is Levy presumably busy doing right now - what would be the excuse on Septmeber 1st (better yet Saudi Sportswashing Machine) if we didn't sign anyone?

We lost our first two matches last season and pronto in came Adebayor, methinks Levy is waiting for the same again this season

img_550.jpg

He is waiting for us to lose? So that he himself can then sign a striker? That he knows we need... Right.

And we've only signed Pav, Defoe, Keane, Crouch, VDV with Ade, Gudhjohnsen and Saha on short term deals.
vdv not striker in my eyes and what we got left ? Defoe. One thing the rest have in common bar Ade is they were not good enough

img_550.jpg

He is waiting for us to lose? So that he himself can then sign a striker? That he knows we need... Right.

No Not waiting for us to lose, but rather when we do lose he then finally appreciates how dire our circumstancces are just as he did last season. Lets face it he had 3 months last summer to bring in a striker

vdv not striker in my eyes and what we got left ? Defoe. One thing the rest have in common bar Ade is they were not good enough

VDV plays instead of a striker.

And the rest not good enough? All I see in this thread is moaning that we're not spending on strikers. What's the point in spending more money on someone else that's not good enough just so we have strikers.

No Not waiting for us to lose, but rather when we do lose he then finally appreciates how dire our circumstancces are just as he did last season. Lets face it he had 3 months last summer to bring in a striker

And you'd expect City to hand us Ade the moment we enquired about him?

Back