• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is priceless, really

What parts exactly. The one where you ignore my question and move the conversation onto something else?

So let me get this straight - the premise here suggests Levy had to wait for AVB (put Arry even) to realise we needed a quality striker and then presumably (this is what you have insinuated here based on nothing but your own assumption) set our on a crusade to sign the most diffcult one of all even those there is zero such precedent since Berbatov / Comolli and asbolutely zero links with no one other than Ade?

The premise would be that Levy probably realized that a strike force of Defoe, Kane and Coulibaly probably wouldn't be good enough. But instead of going out signing someone on his own Abramovich style he did actually wait until he knew who the manager would be and then consulted that manager about who we should buy.

--------------------
pref·er·ence/ˈpref(ə)rəns/
Noun:

1. A greater liking for one alternative over another or others.
2. A thing preferred.
-------------------

This does not imply "most difficult", or in any way a "crusade". Just that he would go out and try to sign the player the manager preferred. In some cases that player might be one of the more available players out there like Vertonghen or Sigurdsson, in other cases it might be a player that was difficult to get like Adebayor.

Yes, I have insinuated that Levy probably tries to get the player the manager prefers. It seem to me rather likely.

He has known we need a striker for 3 years now - I don't think for one second he needed AVB to arrive and confirm that.

Why are so many on here (not yourself) dead set on expemting DL from all responsibility around a priority which has been on the agenda for years and painting him as the victim of qunting agents and other clubs?

And therein lies the rub

When Redknapp came in we signed a bunch of strikers. We had a strong pool of strikers, we're not Chelsea or City, we weren't going to bring another one in unless it was a really good deal or we sold someone first. And now we have sold, so obviously this window it's a bit more urgent.

Strong? HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! Right, so you don't think it was urgent when we had a whole swathe of "strong" yet errrrr misfiring strikers on the books? The only strikers who were paid not to score.

No offence, but that'd be pretty fudging urgent for me. I'd want players up front who could convert chances.

What's the wonderful deal now then? Oh yeah, misfiring Defoe and spring chicken Kane. What options we have; what a real challenge we'll bring this season - oh how our 'rivals' must be utterly bricking themselves.

But hey, Levy will save £1m on Aug 31st so guess what he's a genius; let's all give him a collective blowjob at the following home game - doesn't matter if we score or not. Because Levy saved £1m.

Ha ha only if he's cheap!!

But 7 windows or so since berba and the 1 common factor is mr levy

We are doooomed!!

And we've only signed Pav, Defoe, Keane, Crouch, VDV with Ade, Gudhjohnsen and Saha on short term deals.

Strong? HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! Right, so you don't think it was urgent when we had a whole swathe of "strong" yet errrrr misfiring strikers on the books? The only strikers who were paid not to score.

No offence, but that'd be pretty fudging urgent for me. I'd want players up front who could convert chances.

What's the wonderful deal now then? Oh yeah, misfiring Defoe and spring chicken Kane. What options we have; what a real challenge we'll bring this season - oh how our 'rivals' must be utterly bricking themselves.

But hey, Levy will save £1m on Aug 31st so guess what he's a genius; let's all give him a collective blowjob at the following home game - doesn't matter if we score or not. Because Levy saved £1m.

We had 4 strikers, signed for big money. Levy won't sanction another striker just like that, we had to sell first.

AVB after Watford friendly says he expects movement on a striker in the next few days or a week.

In other words, Levy will finally - after three months - sign Adebayor.

You watch - that'll be the only "movement" we'll see.

Three fudging months to bring a striker in. Not even a new one at that.

I hope I'm wrong. I so hope I'm spectacularly wrong. But, guess what, I honestly don't think I will be - and that seriously depresses me.

We lost our first two matches last season and pronto in came Adebayor, methinks Levy is waiting for the same again this season

Looking more and more like one of the usual brick transfer windows, this. First game of the season imminent, and we are looking at playing Defoe alone up front and Jenas in the middle? Depressing.

If AVB can produce results based on that, he really must be the messiah.

Back