• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A breakdown of the figures?

Again, I can only advise you do a bit more research into their ownership, wage structure and general operating budget. These are massive G14 clubs who are levels above us in their financial muscle

when did i bring Tottenham into the equation?

all i said was that the top Italian clubs couldnt afford/wouldnt want to spend 40-50 mill on one player like in this case Falcao. Thats all.

I know all about their ownership, wage structure and general operating budget, and imo they would prefer to buy more than one player with the money they have rather than blow it all on one. All imo of course from what seems to be happening in Italian football in recent years

Also, the figures you posted, are they net spend or sales havent been taken into account?

They are not net spent no, as AC Milan has more or less broke even over 3 seasons in the transfermarket, while Inter has made 15m euro profit yearly in the same time period.
Spurs has a higher turnover than Juventus and are chasing the other italian clubs, who are all struggling with very high wages in comparison.
AC Milan are seen as somewhat skint these days, without money coming in from their owners, even with a high turnover they aren't in a situation where they can spend massively. If Milan buy Falcao it's likely because other star players leave for big money.

Last edited:
I know all about their ownership, wage structure and general operating budget, and imo they would prefer to buy more than one player with the money they have rather than blow it all on one. All imo of course from what seems to be happening in Italian football in recent years

Let me put it this way - do you think we could afford a 25m player assuming our highest signing to date is around 17m, iirc?

Given the increase in our turnover and coming tv deal, I assume signing someone for 25 these days would be financially similiar to the 16-17m purchases 5 years ago.

There's a rumour that........

Oh, wait. My bad. Wrong thread.

Sorry. I'll leave the Italian football thread to you chaps.

;)

;)

It's a discussion about Italian transfers - hardly the Antichrist, jimmy. There isn't enought 'meat' in the news to keep this thread on topic 24/7. Conversations sometimes veer off topic slightly but re-align as soon as something interesting happens

;)

well apparently, the latest is that AC Milan want to sell Ibra and Silva to PSG for a combined 67 mill, and who knows, following their recent policy of operating within a budget, they may re-invest that 67 mill by bidding 50 mill for Falcao:) id say thats relevant

this is a translation of the Marca Adrian/Modric headline from this morning

"Tottenham coming for Adrian"
The player rejects renewal offer from Atletico

...and Madrid asks for resolution on Modric
They're waiting for the croat to put pressure on "Spurs" and force his move

I'm not sure what you mean by 'struggle', tbh

Milan and other top italian clubs are still strong solid clubs, but they aren't in a position to increase their wage bill or throw massive net transfer amounts around. As their transfer history show in recent years. It's on a whole other level than most clubs obviously, but they struggle compared to what we've been used to in the Berlusconi/Champions League era. It's the reason why you see less established world class players move to these clubs.

Should be said that Juventus are big money spenders these days, they've had a boost from their new stadium as well. And it shows in their results, football is a money game after all, the ones with most money win.

Last edited:
Milan and other top italian clubs are still strong solid clubs, but they aren't in a position to increase their wage bill or throw massive net transfer amounts around. As their transfer history show in recent years. It's on a whole other level than most clubs obviously, but they struggle compared to what we've been used to in the Berlusconi/Champions League era. It's the reason why you see less established world class players move to these clubs.

Moratti is still there, Juve have strong backing from the Agnellis, Fiat, the banks, etc - I'd agree AC Milan have take a few steps back recently (as far as squad quality is concerned) but imho all 3 are still very much able to compete at the very top for transfers. Perhaps not in the City / Real Madrid league but definitely at the upper layer. Their wages are most certainly comparable to the other G14 members

Last edited:
Their wages are most certainly comparable to the other G14 memebers

They are careful not to increase them though, that's their current situation. They need to balance both wages and transfers with outgoings.
Agree about Juventus, they are on their way up again.

Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas insists they have not received a bid for reported Tottenham target Hugo Lloris.

The 25-year-old goalkeeper captained France during Euro 2012 and it has since been claimed that he has been identified by Andre Villas-Boas as the prime candidate to be his new No.1.

Lloris is contracted to the Ligue 1 side until 2015 but could be ready to take on a new challenge with the Premier League outfit.

Lyon supremo Aulas rejected suggestions an offer has been tabled and has set a deadline of Monday for interested parties to come forward.

"There is no official offer for Hugo Lloris," he told L'Equipe.

"If it is not sorted out on Monday, he will stay and everyone will be happy."

Spurs already have goalkeepers Brad Friedel, Heurelho Gomes and Carlo Cudicini on their books.

They are careful not to increase them though, that's their current situation. They need to balance both wages and transfers with outgoings.
Agree about Juventus, they are on their way up again.

Awesome. Their ability to corrupt the game makes Emirates Marketing Project look like a bunch of incompetents. Yay for Juve.

Back