• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best known to me for two things:

1. Some well dodgy (alleged) sexual exploits while with the Mackems

2. Being at fault for all three of Burnley's goals at Turf Moor on a fudging freezing cold night where we embarrassed ourselves massively, yet somehow scraped through to make the long drive home just about acceptable - I promised myself I'd never fudging forgive him for that

Bye!

I'd said what a top player Oscar looks like being, then a couple of weeks later it seems we want to sign him, I could get used to this.

Looks a talent. The only thing that worries me about most South Americans is they are often not built for the rigors of the PL and take time to adjust.

im sure there are plenty of examples to the contrary mate - Junhinio springs to mind and although not South American our own Luka Modric was written off as not being up to the rigors of the Premier League

Who: Jasper/Archibald
Where: SO
When: 04/07/12

Jasper said:

VDV is more likely to go (we desire) if someone actually speaks with money than just enquiries

Poster on SO said:

No no no Jasper. That has to be wrong. I hope so anyway. We have absolutely no reason to sell him. He loves it here and he was one of the best players of last season.

Archibald said:

Afraid not Jeff, it could play out over the window.. Jaspers post was good

Alnwick has been released on a free and joined Barnsley. Only thing he will be remembered for is his phone videos. Looked shocking whenever he played, truly terrible signing.

Read from forums /facebook nothing concrete but the whole Hamburg and wife wanting to stay in Germany etc

I agree a massive mistake if true and worried

I thought he mentioned at some point when he joined us that he wouldn't be against doing his swansong at Hamburg..

I completely agree, I cant think of many Brazilians to succeed in the Premier League apart from Juninho who found himself in the cold north.

Diego Forlan on a free anyone????

He was on our wish list for about 8 straight transfer windows and I bet now he's available (and free!) no one here wants him anymore lol

I completely agree, I cant think of many Brazilians to succeed in the Premier League apart from Juninho who found himself in the cold north.

Sandro, Ramires, Elano, Geovanni, Robinho, Gilberto Silva.

You do get the odd stinker like Kleberson or Roque Junior though.

Back