• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I find it very disingenuous to focus on Ade's assists as opposed to his low conversion rate. Sure he creates chances but we have loads of chances created by other Modric, Bale, Lennon, VDV etc, our problem is converting the chances. We made loads of chances for Ade but he continued to fluff his lines in front of goal. It is essential me buy someone that can score goals because we have players that will always make chances

As for these strikers being out of our budget there always seems to be teams around Europe that seem to be able to identify strikers that are not big names but can score goals, heck just look what a middle of the table team like Everton after dumping Saha on us. I will not even start the whole Saudi Sportswashing Machine striker debate again. And what about us offering £40m for all those top strikers in Jan 2011? Considering we have not bough a striker for 3 years we should have some money to get some quality in this time

Come on fella. He played for Arsenal, City and Real Madrid. Hardly brick teams. We can't do any better than Ade unless we unearth a cheap gem, which we NEVER do. Why risk a couple of seasons without a 15-20 per season striker?? Sign him and look for better at the same time. Consistency is key. He will get us 15 goals next season. We will not find a 30 goal a season player, they are just not out there, Rooney Aguero Van Persie. thats it

Ade is frustrating in front of goal for sure, but...

a. I think he can improve that.
b. He creates absolute chaos for defenders with his height, speed, strength and general presence, even if he's on an off-day and the ball isn't sticking. This opens up the game for others and occupies defenders throughout the match.

Basically we need someone like Ade with all his attributes plus exceptional finishing ability.

There are only a handful of players in world football with both and none of them are signing for us.

We therefore need to get a more limited all rounder type player or go for a finisher or a hold up style player, for our team as it stood last season a hold up style player was far more effective for us.

I see ITK saying we are going to sign Ade and put him on 120k. I like Ade but that is a lot of wonga and it would signal a moving of the goal posts in the wages department.

If we start work on the stadium this summer so that we know when we're going to have a bigger capacity and therefore more cash, its feasible that in the next year or so we could start putting players on higher wages. Particularly so if we sign someone on a deal whereby the wage increases each year e.g. 60k in year 1, 70k in year 2, 80k in year 3 etc...

Maybe not this window but certainly in the next couple

I find it very disingenuous to focus on Ade's assists as opposed to his low conversion rate. Sure he creates chances but we have loads of chances created by other Modric, Bale, Lennon, VDV etc, our problem is converting the chances. We made loads of chances for Ade but he continued to fluff his lines in front of goal. It is essential me buy someone that can score goals because we have players that will always make chances

As for these strikers being out of our budget there always seems to be teams around Europe that seem to be able to identify strikers that are not big names but can score goals, heck just look what a middle of the table team like Everton after dumping Saha on us. I will not even start the whole Saudi Sportswashing Machine striker debate again. And what about us offering £40m for all those top strikers in Jan 2011? Considering we have not bough a striker for 3 years we should have some money to get some quality in this time

I find it very disingenuous to focus on his low conversion rate as opposed to his assists.

At the end of the day he is there to provide goals. Whether by getting assists or finishing them himself he is providing goals for the team.

True, i should have said that the well known strikers are out of our range, i would be all for buying players who are not big names, but thus far i haven't really seen any evidence to suggest we have got any on our radar at the moment.

I can't see sunday being this big day. Levy wont make a big announcement a few hours before the biggest game of the football season. If there is to be this huge announcement it will be on monday.

Yep, Monday would make more sense, my point was more as to why it wouldn't be before 30th June as opposed to 1st July.

Ade's finishing and touch sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. But we won't be able to get many better, well rounded strikers than him. And let's be fair - with some competent officiating, he would have had a further five or so legitimate goals to his name last season.

I was thinking the same, or maybe a big sponsorship deal - stadium, shirt, lock stock and barrel.

if it is £120k for Ade then it also makes me wonder what Gareth Bale's new weekly wage would be?

oh well its nearly monday, hopefully we will have some insight as to what is actually going on and we may be able to specualte a little bit more :)

I thought the reason was because AVB is not allowed to take any jobs until 1st July 2012 so we cannot announce it. Part of his severance pay when he left Chelsea?

He had a clause in his contract saying after 1 year he would get a cut in prize money won, that year ends today so he's entitled to a cut of the CL prize money. That is assuming he is our new manager.

It does dovetail nicely with the y/e for THFC as well.

Come on fella. He played for Arsenal, City and Real Madrid. Hardly brick teams. We can't do any better than Ade unless we unearth a cheap gem, which we NEVER do. Why risk a couple of seasons without a 15-20 per season striker?? Sign him and look for better at the same time. Consistency is key. He will get us 15 goals next season. We will not find a 30 goal a season player, they are just not out there, Rooney Aguero Van Persie. thats it

It is irrelevant who he has played for before but now you mention it Madrid loaned him for 6 months and decided he was not good enough to buy. Emirates Marketing Project actually bought him and have decided he is not good enough to keep. I share an office with an Arsenal season ticket holder who actually accused him of missing too many chances while he was actually still with the Goons.

15 league goals from our top striker is not good for where we want to go.

Sky Sports News: Blanc quits as France Boss.... this worrys me slightly :/

why couldnt he just have done this on tuesday... inconsiderate man!!

Last edited:
I can't see sunday being this big day. Levy wont make a big announcement a few hours before the biggest game of the football season. If there is to be this huge announcement it will be on monday.

Dont agree with that in the slightest. Levy has never been a media-fluffy bunnies cuddling and so really wont be bothered about capturing the headlines. In fact, he's more likely to want to do something undercover in order that people dont think we're suddenly flush with cash and will pay whatever

Ade's finishing and touch sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. But we won't be able to get many better, well rounded strikers than him. And let's be fair - with some competent officiating, he would have had a further five or so legitimate goals to his name last season.

Well my point is we need at least 2 strikers. We cannot rely on Ade because firstly he does not score enough goals and what happens if he gets injured or he goes to the Nations Cup? I can cope with Ade and his 15 goals a season as long as we get another striker who is more prolific

Basically we need someone like Ade with all his attributes plus exceptional finishing ability.

There are only a handful of players in world football with both and none of them are signing for us.

We therefore need to get a more limited all rounder type player or go for a finisher or a hold up style player, for our team as it stood last season a hold up style player was far more effective for us.

Again I say, we need at least 2 strikers this summer

We should be able to sign someone better than Ade, never have I seen such a waster i front of goal. The guy cant finish of chances.. it's unreal. I know he offers a lot with his general play, but that is not enough IMO.

And therein lies the rub

Why don't you two want Blanc? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just curious.

no other reason that with all the hype of AVB coming in and the portuguese connection blah blah blah.... Ive built myself up for AVB being unveiled only for Blanc to step out... What a let down that will be...

Oh and i cant stand Blanc....

Back