• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we get Gylfi, we are basically buying the next Lampard in terms of goalscoring midfielder! I think Levy has pulled a master stroke if this is true!

That's a big, big call.

I haven't seen enough to comment on how good he is, but Lampard has scored a lot of goals from midfield.

Sigurdsson won player of the year at Reading, then at Hoffenheim the next season and would have a good shout to of winning it at Swansea but obviously wasnt really there long enough but he did get Player of the Month in March

Sigurdsson won player of the year at Reading, then at Hoffenheim the next season and would have a good shout to of winning it at Swansea but obviously wasnt really there long enough but he did get Player of the Month in March

im waiting for Wriggly to jump on that!!

we are signing the Swansea player of the month in March:)

Very happy about this potential Sigurdsson deal, but is anyone else worried that we may end the transfer window with Defoe as our only senior striker?????

Striker should have been first priority in this window

Very happy about this potential Sigurdsson deal, but is anyone else worried that we may end the transfer window with Defoe as our only senior striker?????

serious lone striker fears

Can't see it happening, that would be suicidal

some more ITK snippets....

Date: 26th June 2012
ITK: JJetset
Player: Daniel Sturidge

I personally think he may end up at Anfield but he would prefer to come to us.

ITK: Akqayid
Player: Gareth Bale

Bale WILL sign a new contract

ITK: Ackie

2 new signings and a manager 1st/2nd July

in
Date: 24th June 2012

Joe Lewis just sold a small stake in one of his bio firms.... About ?1.1b in total

And it was a small share. About 0.8%. I've a feeling it's coming our way. He wants to play with the big boys.

If not, it's a ****ing big boat hes buying

It could well be that LFC are trying to lower their overall wages. They are not a major club any more they haven't had CL for a long time, and aren't getting any closer to the top of the table. They can't afford to pay ?70k a week any more. They probably offered ?25k, Swansea's top earner is Wayne Routledge - so they probably thought that would smash them out of the water. If Levy offered ?35/40 k a week, that would be enough to get his head turned. I doubt we've offered more than that, if we've offered anything at all.

Liverpool have struggled on the pitch over the past three years or so. But they have got their act together off the pitch. In particular, they have signed some very big sponsorship deals. So even though they no longer get ?40 million or so per annum from the Champions League, their income is still bigger than what it was when they were in the CL and still comfortably bigger than ours.

They can easily pay higher wages than Spurs, if they so choose.

The Vertonghen deal blatantly is not going to happen. Ajax have been using us to attract interest from bigger richer clubs.

Time to move on.

Ajax aren't using us to get a better deal from other clubs. They're using this contract dispute with Sigurdsson to get a better deal from Spurs. Essentially, they want us to pay Vertonghen's 15% cut.

twitter:

Yido_Marks ‏@marksy316

Press room at the lane being set up now! #thfc #COYS

haha, the plot thickens

cant remember the last time there was a press conference at the Lane...most new signings are introduced at the training ground

twitter:

Yido_Marks ‏@marksy316

Press room at the lane being set up now! #thfc #COYS

I'd imagine it takes an hour or two to move some chairs and tables into place for any press conference, yet no news sites are reporting it. Perhaps Levy forgot to invite the press. :rolleyes:

some more ITK snippets....

Date: 24th June 2012

Joe Lewis just sold a small stake in one of his bio firms.... About ?1.1b in total

And it was a small share. About 0.8%. I've a feeling it's coming our way. He wants to play with the big boys.

If not, it's a ****ing big boat hes buying

Err.............maths isn't my strong suit but, unless I'm sorely mistaken, 0.8% of ?1.1 billion is ?8.8 million.

You don't get much of a boat for ?8.8 million.

Or much of a stadium.

Back