• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really, at 36? what role do you see for him?

The experienced role. Show the majority of our players in our team how to pass and move. Just having him on the training pitch I imagine will help our players improve. The guy is one of the best footballers of the past 20 years.

The experienced role. Show the majority of our players in our team how to pass and move. Just having him on the training pitch I imagine will help our players improve. The guy is one of the best footballers of the past 20 years.

So was Maradona - should we get him in also?

Is Maradona 36 and still playing football at the highest order?

No, you mentioned the past 20 years you didnt mention that you thought he was good NOW - but you know what? He is past it. Seedorf is decent but wouldnt survive in the premiership at his age.

Same with Del Piero.

These players WERE good but wouldnt add much at all.

Hugo Lloris - Not coming..

"Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas had described Lopez and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris as "non-transferable".

"We definitely hope to sell several players if the price is right," Aulas said. "If Rubin Kazan tempts us with a major offer for [Kim] Kallstrom, we could accept their proposal, as will be the case for [Yoann] Gourcuff if another club contacts us for his services.

"However, Lloris and Lisandro Lopez are names that do not even need to be mentioned. They are non-transferable."

Yes to Seedorf, he has played at the top and won it all. A signing like this is in the Gallas/Davids/Naybet category experienced players who have actually won things and played at the highest level. Not journeymen like Pienaar, Parker, Nelsen Saha etc.

Hugo Lloris - Not coming..

"Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas had described Lopez and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris as "non-transferable".

"We definitely hope to sell several players if the price is right," Aulas said. "If Rubin Kazan tempts us with a major offer for [Kim] Kallstrom, we could accept their proposal, as will be the case for [Yoann] Gourcuff if another club contacts us for his services.

"However, Lloris and Lisandro Lopez are names that do not even need to be mentioned. They are non-transferable."

Gourcuff?????there is a top quality player in there, fcuk, get him in!!!!!!

Yes to Seedorf, he has played at the top and won it all. A signing like this is in the Gallas/Davids/Naybet category experienced players who have actually won things and played at the highest level. Not journeymen like Pienaar, Parker, Nelsen Saha etc.

I can't deny that his experience would be good but the 25man squad rule means we can't have a few old farts ambling about the place that contribute not a lot.
I love Seedorf BTW (in a manly platonic way)

I can't deny that his experience would be good but the 25man squad rule means we can't have a few old farts ambling about the place that contribute not a lot.
I love Seedorf BTW (in a manly platonic way)

Agree I really don't see the need for him add to that he would be on huge wages. I watch quite a bit of Serie A and he was rarely first choice and when he did play Milan would have to play 3 central midfielders because he simply can't cover much ground anymore. I don't see why we would shift our formation to accomodate him. He is still one of my all-time favs but as far as him helping us now no way.

Without wanting to vomit over the suggestion of another oldie signing, am not sure what Seedorf would add given that we have Sandro, Parker and Modric. I mean, if CS started and that meant Sandro was on the bench, then one of our better, young players would start to get tinkled off.

And I really dont see the point of signing old guys only for them to be a sub. If its someone like Freidel or Gallas who came in and were a starter immediately then fine. But little point unless they're going to start

^Totally agree not to mention the fact that our very own Ghetto Prince is ahead of him in the pecking order and Milan look far more dangerous when he is in there

Honestly not convinced by Boateng, even today, who would he replace in our squad?

Not comparing him to Modric but that would be the most like for like comparison or maybe even in VDV role. I don't think he would be first choice but he certainly would be a good option to have to rotate in the squad.

I think he looked at his best for Ghana when he was playing as a box to box midfielder and the same when he was at Hertha. Milan seem to give him a more free role

Back