• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so the rumours I've seen today are Moutinho is done but we are waiting for money from Modric :lol: and Adebayor's personal terms agreed :lol:

I might be going mad here but did I hear on the radio earlier that AC Milan are trying to get Dos Santos? I kind of half heard it and looked up like "did I hear that right?'. Has anyone else heard this?

both of those could be close to the truth IMO

if we have an open negotiation with Porto we will have been allowed to talk to the player - so personal terms could be agreed and waiting for the clubs to agree a price - we would probably stall in this case until we thought Madrid were going to meet our valuation of Modric

Adebayor - would have earned over a million extra in wages by hanging on till the last moment before finalizing the transfer

Last edited:
both of those could be close to the truth IMO

if we have an open negotiation with Porto we will have been allowed to talk to the player - so personal terms could be agreed and waiting for the clubs to agree a price - we would probably stall in this case until we thought Madrid were going to meet our valuation of Modric

Adebayor - would have earned over a million extra in wages by hanging on till the last moment before finalizing the transfer

Id be ecstatic with Moutinho.

Would you be happy with Ade only though? I think thats the question and im not being greedy I just think Ade is the type that needs competition and a bit of pressure. i like Defoe but only on the right where Lennon plays - maybe they can rotate. Defoe cannot play up front alone.

I think *for now* it would be fine.

The way I look at it is that its a long term project we are undertaking. We need to be able to hit the ground running for now, but over time we should establish our system and buying strategies properly.

Adebayor will get us up and running. From Jan onwards we can build much more methodically...

If we get Ade and Moutinho, our starting lineup has improved since last year imo. Should really get some cover on the wings and a second striker though.

Id be ecstatic with Moutinho.

Would you be happy with Ade only though? I think thats the question and im not being greedy I just think Ade is the type that needs competition and a bit of pressure. i like Defoe but only on the right where Lennon plays - maybe they can rotate. Defoe cannot play up front alone.

Have you been hanging around with Charlie Sheen again?! :eek:

I'm starting to miss mido actually, you know back when he had his long hair and he scored two volleys in the same game? I loved him for that... Simpler time I guess

Only due to the fact we got Vertonghen in

Yes, I'm curious to see what a settled back four (here's hoping) will do to our side. But still, slight improvment on last year is a bloddy good team. Funny thing is, we've got a really good squad now, with a few GLARING weakneses.

Back