• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who: Wishkah
Where: SC
When: 16th August

we've just swapped a lot of GBP into EUR for an upfront payment of a largerish sum. (btw i know the fee - not the player, i'm putting 2+2 together).

give us the "largerish" sum then, im sure it wont affect the deal

Who: Wishkah
Where: SC
When: 16th August

we've just swapped a lot of GBP into EUR for an upfront payment of a largerish sum. (btw i know the fee - not the player, i'm putting 2+2 together).

Surely the other club would 'prefer' the stronger currency or their bank of choice would accept Pounds? Very strange.

Surely we can just get RM to pay us in Euros & then just pass it straight on to the next club for the striker & CM they are selling us?

My prediction for the rest of the window:
- Modric out
- Moutinho in
- Ade (loan)
- Parts of the deadwood offloaded (eg Bentley) and some kids loaned out however no other notable arrivals (Leandro, Lloris) or departures (e.g. Defoe)

Would actually be happy with that, and then I would like to see AVB use his squad better than Harry did.

If we really are going in for M'vila we need to do it quickly*.. Once/If Song goes to Barca surely they'd be looking to replace him with M'vila. 12-14m for a 22yr old French international is a deal we should absolutely be in for.

Bale - Sigg - Lennon
- Sandro - M'Vila

would be a midfield I'd be more than happy to see against the likes of City, United, Chelsea, etc. away. Looks plenty solid defensively to me and would be good on the counter.

*though knowing Levy it'll be done with 3 minutes to go in the window.

But now we have nowhere to put VdV and Moutinho?! Too many players in the squad, Levy needs to put the brake on any imminent transfers.

Strange that we would be paying a decent whack on exchange rates when we could be getting a huge wad of Euros from Madrid.

Why would we need to exchange!! I smelly flimflam!

Lol what's the blabbermouth saying now??

this...

So I have lunch, come back and find out that someone has just taken DL's wheelbarrow off him, and did a change up at Thomas Cook. Wonder if he got a deccccceeennnnt exchange rate

WTF...

It might be time to start using banks for these transfers. Having couriers running around with sack loads of cash is so yesterday. 'Arry has moved on.

Put these things in order of which will happen first:

1. Us signing a striker
2. Us playing Saudi Sportswashing Machine
3. This thread reaching 1000 pages

Back