• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Inter to use Julio Cesar in move for Lennon after being scared off by Walcott fee

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 10:46 GMT, 13 August 2012 | UPDATED: 10:46 GMT, 13 August 2012

Inter Milan have turned their attention to Tottenham's Aaron Lennon after being put off by an asking price of £20million for Theo Walcott.

The Italian club want to inject some pace into their side as they bid to reclaim the Serie A crown they last won in 2010.

Lennon would represent a far cheaper option than Walcott, despite the Gunners star entering the final year of his contract at Emirates Stadium.

Spurs winger Lennon is yet to fully realise his potential after an injury-ravaged couple of seasons, and he wasn't even considered for Roy Hodgson's Euro 2012 squad despite featuring in the previous two World Cups.

According to reports in Italy, Inter believe they are in a strong position negotiating with Spurs due to the Premier League club's desire for goalkeeper Julio Cesar.

The Brazilian keeper will leave the club before the transfer window shuts at the end of August and Tottenham have earmarked him as the next No 1 with Brad Friedel now into his 40s.

The report suggests Inter will drive down the price of Lennon by offering the 32-year-old as a makeweight in the deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ottenhams-Aaron-Lennon.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Inter to use Julio Cesar in move for Lennon after being scared off by Walcott fee

By Sportsmail Reporter

Inter Milan have turned their attention to Tottenham's Aaron Lennon after being put off by an asking price of £20million for Theo Walcott.

The Italian club want to inject some pace into their side as they bid to reclaim the Serie A crown they last won in 2010.

Lennon would represent a far cheaper option than Walcott, despite the Gunners star entering the final year of his contract at Emirates Stadium.

Spurs winger Lennon is yet to fully realise his potential after an injury-ravaged couple of seasons, and he wasn't even considered for Roy Hodgson's Euro 2012 squad despite featuring in the previous two World Cups.

According to reports in Italy, Inter believe they are in a strong position negotiating with Spurs due to the Premier League club's desire for goalkeeper Julio Cesar.

The Brazilian keeper will leave the club before the transfer window shuts at the end of August and Tottenham have earmarked him as the next No 1 with Brad Friedel now into his 40s.

The report suggests Inter will drive down the price of Lennon by offering the 32-year-old as a makeweight in the deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ottenhams-Aaron-Lennon.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Hold on hold on. 1. They went for Wal**** first ? lol and 2. What do you think Lennon will cost if that prick is £20m ?

fudge me.

akqayid ‏@akqayid
What everyone needs right now is a new page uploaded in the OS and the big smiley man looking back at us..... F5 at the ready I think

Aaah, the good old F5 days.....I can't remember what I was trying tickets for (a few years back), but I smashed teh F5 button to bits!

Akqayid said:
Yeah the F5 thing is indeed positive/hopeful thinking. But we need an announcement and today would be a good day as any. The natives are already burning down their own houses.

Jesus H. lol

By Sportsmail Reporter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Cesar a free agent? :S. I thought they terminated his contract?

M'Vila is nothing like Parker though. Them two in the middle would be like Gilberto Silva and Vieira and we know how much that worked at Arsenal..

neither M Villa or Sandro are in the same league as Vieira

Akqayid said:
Yeah the F5 thing is indeed positive/hopeful thinking. But we need an announcement and today would be a good day as any. The natives are already burning down their own houses.

Jesus H. lol

Clearly just hedging his bets that something is going to happen today/tomorrow.....

Akqayid said:
Yeah the F5 thing is indeed positive/hopeful thinking. But we need an announcement and today would be a good day as any. The natives are already burning down their own houses.l

That must be from last year.

Scott Mulligan‏@ScottMulligan82
Don't want anyone thinking I'm a trumping ITK. I'm not ITK. I have no details.I share what I hear from a friend who is 100% all the time

All I know is it is a striker. I have no names or any other details. Was told announced today. I hope it is. Or my friend dies. Lol

The friend who told me this info also told me Gylfi would be announced at 2pm. He was announced at 13:58 so I believe him

And he told me that 2 days before.

Back