• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wouldnt it be funny if GDS has an outstanding year and then leaves on a free

Am not a GDS fan however wouldnt mind at all if that happened. At least he would have contributed something to Spurs during his time here rather than spent 4 years picking up a nice pay cheque and doing nothing (football-wise).

iirc, Rodgers was interested in GDS just before he jumped ship to Lolerpool. How about the Reds buy GDS and we buy Sterling off them. Everyones a winner

Apart from the old Harry comment about 'not being able to pass a nightclub' which was about 3 years ago now has there ever been any ITK or further quotes that suggested he wasn't applying himself? Just asking!

How do we know he didn't knuckle down ever since and work his arse off in training to try and prove himself but Harry just didn't think he was ever actually good enough.

think Harry did not like him, not as a player, not as a person. Harry is an outstanding manager, but if you have manager/boss that does not believe in you, you get lazy

18 days left to sign a striker before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game

triffic

a man who used to work at a zoo washing mammals has landed his dream job at the central park zoo .. may or may not be talking complete fudging flimflam.

a man who used to work at a zoo washing mammals has landed his dream job at the central park zoo .. may or may not be talking complete fudging flimflam.

Is this some sort of ITK attempt involving our on loan striker from last season's father? He's becoming manager of Le Arse?

Oh, I thought you were taking the tinkle? I recognize your name now. A bit too cryptic for me, I'm afraid. Who's your source?

Oh, I thought you were taking the tinkle? I recognize your name now. A bit too cryptic for me, I'm afraid. Who's your source?

oh i most certainly am taking the tinkle.. sorry mate, all this waiting for a striker signing is driving me nuuttss..

when you go over spending this summer, nobody has been buying except Chelsea.

We will sign 2 strikers and a midfielder. Just not today, and maybe not this week

We will sign 2 strikers and a midfielder. Just not today, and maybe not this week

most clubs have strengthened key problem areas....

the scum needed forwards, they signed Giroud and Podolski
Chelscum needed younger midfielders, they signed Hazard, Oscar and Marin, with Moses to come
Utd needed a creative attacker, they signed Kagawa
Fulham required strikers, they signed Rodallega and Petric
QPR lacked players with running ability/bit of pace going forward, now they have Park, Hoillet and A Johnson

Emirates Marketing Project are well stocked in all areas, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a small squad but it is balanced as each position is taken care of

We need strikers, and its not a new problem. 18 days left to sign someone before the season kicks off. Come on, its just not acceptable

Ganter I will be honest - the same way I dont care about other teams spending, I do not care if they dont. What I care about is our team and the gaps in our squad.

If no team buys any player in the whole window - does that mean we dont need a striker? no it doesnt.

most clubs have strengthened key problem areas....

the scum needed forwards, they signed Giroud and Podolski
Chelscum needed younger midfielders, they signed Hazard, Oscar and Marin, with Moses to come
Utd needed a creative attacker, they signed Kagawa
Fulham required strikers, they signed Rodallega and Petric
QPR lacked players with running ability/bit of pace going forward, now they have Park, Hoillet and A Johnson

Emirates Marketing Project are well stocked in all areas, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a small squad but it is balanced as each position is taken care of

We need strikers, and its not a new problem. 18 days left to sign someone before the season kicks off. Come on, its just not acceptable

Unfortunately Levy I dont think sees it as 18 days to sign a couple of strikers. He sees it as a whole month left and bargain prices at the lastminute.com website.

AVB in the press conference today said we're not looking to bring any goalies in. That probably puts paid to the Lloris' move, if it was ever on. He did rather interesting say that all 3 keepers are competing for the starting spot and will get one game each.

AVB in the press conference today said we're not looking to bring any goalies in. That probably puts paid to the Lloris' move, if it was ever on. He did rather interesting say that all 3 keepers are competing for the starting spot and will get one game each.

did he? he has said that on more than one occasion now and yet some still refuse to believe him.

imo LLoris will stay at Lyon for one more year, and Butland the same at Birmingham, and next summer we will take our pick from either

Steven Pienaar is at Finch Farm undergoing his medical, we can reveal.
The South African arrived at Everton‘s training complex this morning and could sign for the Blues as early as this afternoon, should everything go well.
After weeks of speculation and false starts, it looks as though the midfielder who spent the second half of last season at Goodison Park will finally become an Everton player for a second permanent spell at the club.
We expect Everton Football Club to make an announcement at some point in the next day or so, and hope that Pienaar will be a welcome addition to the squad.

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2012/07/pienaar-at-finch-farm/#ixzz22CMQmbbY

Ganter I will be honest - the same way I dont care about other teams spending, I do not care if they dont. What I care about is our team and the gaps in our squad.

If no team buys any player in the whole window - does that mean we dont need a striker? no it doesnt.

That's not the point he's making though. He's just saying you have to look at the trends of the market. Unless you have the power to overspend on players you have to wait. All teams are looking to sign players but hardly any deals have been done yet in relation to the amount that will be done by the end of the window because of various factors that apply to all clubs who don't have an embarrassment of riches. The players we could get in early we have done....

Back