• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about Shane Long? I think he could flourish in our team remninds me of a young Keano

As per Lloris I admit I haven't seen much of him so I will take everyones word that he is quality I suppose he must be pretty good to be France's captain

we havent signed any strikers on a permanent basis since hmmmmmmm, Crouch in 2009????? :) 7 weeks isnt enough!!!!!!!

That was at the end of a 6 month period where we signed Defoe, Keane and Crouch for a combined £35-40m though. And if you upped that to a year we also signed Pav.

ok, looks like Ade is coming in, but as he was here last season i dont see that as adding to the squad

Leandro? club dont want to sell, he doesnt want to leave, Spurs seem reluctant to break bank to force sale

Lewandowski? CL Dortmund dont want to sell, rumoured price tag of 30 mill seems beyond THFC

Huntelaar?? possibility, but 17 mill for a nearly 29 year old seems to go against what Levy is trying to create at Spurs

Demba Ba??? would love it, but the talk is that Levy wont sanction a deal for a player with a dodgy knee condition(even though the player never seems to be injured)

Higuain?? yeah, do me a favour

Llorente?? as above

so, who else is their that weve have been linked with and is realistic, because im seriously running out of ideas

Leandro probably the most likely of those if I had to guess, there are many other strikers in the world though. I'm trusting AVB and Levy to be working on someone.

this is the kid we should be swooping for

luc-castaignos-194.jpg

That was at the end of a 6 month period where we signed Defoe, Keane and Crouch for a combined £35-40m though. And if you upped that to a year we also signed Pav.

Leandro probably the most likely of those if I had to guess, there are many other strikers in the world though. I'm trusting AVB and Levy to be working on someone.

if you try to search you will find that actually there are not many and definitely not of sufficient quality, plus the age old problem of being able to afford them

the fact a player like Leandro has a price tag of over 20 mill on his head shows the dearth of talent out there

its more likely that we will sign Ade and then sign 1 or 2 cheap young strikers, hopefully like Castaignos like i just mentioned, and just hope we strike gold

Most over rated striker in the prem, and that includes Rooney. 6 chances to score 1, rarely works the keeper just blasts it at him. Always offside. Crap movement. Bad link up play. Poor awareness of where people are going to pass or deliver the ball. Doesnt deliver when needed - often against crap teams or the 3rd or 4th goal.

if you try to search you will find that actually there are not many and definitely not of sufficient quality, plus the age old problem of being able to afford them

the fact a player like Leandro has a price tag of over 20 mill on his head shows the dearth of talent out there

its more likely that we will sign Ade and then sign 1 or 2 cheap young strikers, hopefully like Castaignos like i just mentioned, and just hope we strike gold

I think AVB prefers the young players hoping to striker gold strategy as well.

Ade, Defoe (or a replacement), someone like Castaignos and then Harry Kane as the strike force next season would be good with me.

Most over rated striker in the prem, and that includes Rooney. 6 chances to score 1, rarely works the keeper just blasts it at him. Always offside. Crap movement. Bad link up play. Poor awareness of where people are going to pass or deliver the ball. Doesnt deliver when needed - often against crap teams or the 3rd or 4th goal.

Most frustrating thing about Defoe is that he didnt ever improve beyond what he was when he was about 20. Never fulfilled the true potential that he had. From the raw ingredients which he had at the very start of his career he should have done much much more but just didnt ever progress. Top 8-10 striker, nothing better - hence never establishing himself as an international and no other big teams wanting him

yeah i kinda agree with this view. it seems suddenly we've dawned into an era where its more appealing to play as midfielder, and we are getting tons of skillful and dynamic youngsters coming up everywhere. just look at the recent euros... top striker torres??? germany's gomez was good for a tournament like this but he doesn't have the impact of a klinsmann. but in midfield... fantastic talent just about everywhere.

Sky Sports @SkySports
Sky Sports understands Tottenham have tabled a bid for Nottingham Forest defender Jamaal Lascelles

Welcome aboard Sky, everyone else has "understood" this for some time now.

John Percy @John__Percy

bid from Spurs was made about 3 wks ago. Derisory best describes it

^Lascelles

Earlier: Spurs still sniffing around Jamaal. Pleat to blame, got a telling off for not giving them more info on Bamford

John Percy @John__Percy

bid from Spurs was made about 3 wks ago. Derisory best describes it

^Lascelles

Earlier: Spurs still sniffing around Jamaal. Pleat to blame, got a telling off for not giving them more info on Bamford

What's derisory though? The lad is a freebie next summer anyway, so I'd guess we're probably offering somewhere near what a tribunal would tell us to pay next year anyway?

Back