• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

AVB needs to get our inexperienced midfield ticking. Can he is the question? Can he galvanise these new talented players? Give them confidence and get them passing and playing effectively. It will be key to our season.

Don't forget we have parker to come back in soon. No doubt we have signed quality. All about the coach now to gel them and get them psyched.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

tinkled off. We sold 2 of our best players and they haven't been well-replaced in my opinion. We have some finishing off to do in January.

Unfortuately Levy doesn't do Januarys

I wouldnt be half as tinkled off if we hadnt sold VDV...

Its a disastor we have missed out on Moutinho, however i dont blame the club...

Dribbling is not the same as intelligence. Dembele created a third as many chances as Modric did last season, for good reason - if you watch him regularly and follow the Fulham forums, you'll notice that they say he's brilliant in everywhere but the final third, where he's hopeless and more likely to run up blind alleys instead of spotting the key pass. Hence, he has flourished as a deep player, after starting out as a headless chicken of an AM. I'm not saying he is a bad player by any means, I am saying he has his advantages but you cannot demand him to play a role he's not suited for.

We need team intelligence. We need players who can transition instantly from defense to attack. We need players who can circulate the ball with Modric's passing range. Right now, there is no one capable of doing so, and I can only point to Liverpool's incredible fall from 2nd to 8th due to the loss of one Xabi Alonso, a player who could see past corners. (Yes I know Torres's fitness issues also played a role, but he wasn't the main reason.)

Who said we'd ask him to play a role he isn't suited for?

Incisive passes only work if you have players making the right runs and with the right abilities to get on the end of and effectively finish those passes. We've got them now. Who supplies the passes? Who says Sigurdsson, Dembele or Dempsey won't. The videos I've linked show that they're not exactly slackers when it comes to picking out a pass.

Dempsey not officially announced yet...

Phil McNulty, BBC Sport Chief Football Writer

"Emirates Marketing Project will confirm Javi Garcia very shortly. There is still talk at Spurs about Joao Moutinho from Porto, but they are leaving that very, very late."

I wouldnt be half as tinkled off if we hadnt sold VDV...

Its a disastor we have missed out on Moutinho, however i dont blame the club...

If we can't blame the club then who can we blame? Jenas?

I like Grimsby Yid, he's a poster I respect but he's looked very pessimstic in this thread. I reckon it's the artistic temperament. :)

I have been pessimistic, mouthino and Leandro have been in my FIFA team for weeks and weeks.

Artistic temperament? Do you know what I do? :)

Im not too gutted about Moutinho because:

He was Avb first choice, we were about to spend 22m on him, so im pretty sure we would offer him good wages, so this means that he probably wanted something silly like 140k a week.

So after the dust has settled, we've added six first team players to the squad and received about £18.4m from player trading....

P0035.png

...we didn't get everyone we were after but there's always January.

Dempsey, what a disappointment. Panic buy.

Is he a panic buy because we signed him today and not a week ago? Because we tried for as long as we could to get our primary target? I think we probably got a great deal because we went in after Villa and Liverpool had failed and certainly Dempsey was getting desperate to get out of there.

JJset says Lloris and Dempsey done, he literally just posted that on twitter hahahahahahaha what a ****

Who said we'd ask him to play a role he isn't suited for?

Incisive passes only work if you have players making the right runs and with the right abilities to get on the end of and effectively finish those passes. We've got them now. Who supplies the passes? Who says Sigurdsson, Dembele or Dempsey won't. The videos I've linked show that they're not exactly slackers when it comes to picking out a pass.

Forget youtube videos, they can make Jenas look like Iniesta. It's better to follow forums regularly and see what their own fans say.

Look, let's just wait and see what happens. I think we will be in trouble because we've traded brains for brawn, but who knows.

Just waiting for Bale to mention Lewis buying a new yacht then I'm off to bed I think....

Sky Sources: Tom Huddlestone's move to Fulham has NOT been completed #skydeadlineday

Disappointed overall but we need to regroup and get behind the lads

Back