• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

Lloris
Vertonghen
Adebayor
Adam Johnson

Johnson can cover either wing which is what we really need as a back-up for Lennon and Bale. We need another striker to cover for Adebayor ideally, though.

Lloris
Vertonghen
Adebayor
Adam Johnson

Johnson can cover either wing which is what we really need as a back-up for Lennon and Bale. We need another striker to cover for Adebayor ideally, though.

Not sure anyone would go from being squad player at Emirates Marketing Project to a squad player at Spurs? I'd say the three you said, plus Moses instead of Johnson and like you say we really need another striker - ideally Leandro, but looks that that ship might of sailed.....

you know what.....alot of people keep talking about vertonghen but i swear that most of them havent seen enough to make a detailed and inform view of the guy

i think its just whispers that keep growing as to how good he is.

we heard the same about so many people that come from dutch football about how they would be the next great thing. i think there is a very good chance that this guy might turn out to be average or even take ages to adjust to the premiership

maybe if i said he's fudging crap someone would be kind of enough to educate me on this guys quailities

cause fact is that against united he was PANTS!!!

I would pick

Stevan jovetic - Fiorentina (estimate 14-18 mill)
jan Vertonghen - Ajax (estimate 7-10 mill)
Tim Krull - Saudi Sportswashing Machine (estimate 12-14 mill)
Edin Dzeko - (Emirates Marketing Project (season loan) Or Damiao (14-16 mill)

you know what.....alot of people keep talking about vertonghen but i swear that most of them havent seen enough to make a detailed and inform view of the guy

we heard the same about so many people that come from dutch football about how they would be the next great thing. i think there is a very good chance that this guy might turn out to be average or even take ages to adjust to the premiership

maybe if i said he's fudging crap someone would be kind of enough to educate me on this guys quailities

must be some strong whispers... could've sworn he just won Dutch footballer of the year

What's going on with Vidal know he went to juve last summer what happened? He play regularly or not?

Lol on to the next then! Any ideas anyone what Ramirez at bologna is like? I keep hearing good things about him?

The amount of people that want us to spunk 30m on a winger when we already have Lennon and Bale is ridiculous. We need at least 2 new strikers in the summer and they're gonna be hard to come by. Also everyone seems to be accepting of Vertonghen without even seeing him play. I can imagine the board collectively agreeing on a Richard Dunne transfer. So what is it about Vertonghen?

The amount of people that want us to spunk 30m on a winger when we already have Lennon and Bale is ridiculous. We need at least 2 new strikers in the summer and they're gonna be hard to come by. Also everyone seems to be accepting of Vertonghen without even seeing him play. I can imagine the board collectively agreeing on a Richard Dunne transfer. So what is it about Vertonghen?

I pick Vertonghen because I dont have a clue about defenders

I want Kebe Kebe fudging Kebe as our back up to Lennon.

What was it about Modric? What was it about Berbatov? What was it about Sandro?

I've seen Vertonghen a couple of times, both times he's looked good. You read things, you hear things, he wins Eredivisie player of the season, he's linked with other big clubs, he's a regular for his national side, it's not a stretch to think he'd be a good signing even if you haven't actually watched him yourself. But whatever, buy Richard Dunne because you know he's "proven".

What was it about Modric? What was it about Berbatov? What was it about Sandro?

I've seen Vertonghen a couple of times, both times he's looked good. You read things, you hear things, he wins Eredivisie player of the season, he's linked with other big clubs, he's a regular for his national side, it's not a stretch to think he'd be a good signing even if you haven't actually watched him yourself. But whatever, buy Richard Dunne because you know he's "proven".

What I'm saying is you are one of the few to have seen him play. Yet everyone (including those who haven't seen him play) seem to think we should sign him. I'm not saying buy Richard Dunne. I'm saying if we were linked to a unglamorous player like Dunne, half the board wouldn't be convinced without seeing him.

This signing reminds me of Sandro - basically not a Redknapp signing, but a Broomfield one. We've clearly been watching him for a long time (buttering Ajax up, knowing his contract is running down etc.). We obviously passed up on the likes of Samba and Cahill because this was the guy we really wanted. I also think Rafa has been instrumental in the decision-making and wooing. That all gives me a lot of confidence that he is a genuine King replacement.

In terms of style - I've heard from several knowledgeable sources that he's cultured, intelligent, quick and left-sided - basically the perfect spec for a partner for Kaboul or Dawson.

This signing reminds me of Sandro - basically not a Redknapp signing, but a Broomfield one. We've clearly been watching him for a long time (buttering Ajax up, knowing his contract is running down etc.). We obviously passed up on the likes of Samba and Cahill because this was the guy we really wanted. I also think Rafa has been instrumental in the decision-making and wooing. That all gives me a lot of confidence that he is a genuine King replacement.

In terms of style - I've heard from several knowledgeable sources that he's cultured, intelligent, quick and left-sided - basically the perfect spec for a partner for Kaboul or Dawson.

#-o You do realise Redknapp has flown over there and watched him don't you? And we didn't pass up Samba or Cahill. We tried to get both.

We need more than 4 in to shape our team and squad better; Caulker and Naughton will hopefully fix some of our squad-depth, but the balance between what we have and what we need isn't a sign of job well done Redknapp.

But 4 positions most in need of something before next season:

1 - First choice forward
2 - First choice left back
3 - First choice keeper
4 - First choice centerback

Back