• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ried-Zaha-Anthony-Martial-Ryan-Sessegnon.html

Would take this as our three main ins (Plus a CM) all day long.....

Are they not all, by and large, for the same position?

I know Martial can play through the middle, but with Kane he would be predominantly on the left.

Zaha is the most versatile I think, but he usually lines up on the left.

And Sessegnon is a LB/LWB

I would imagine its more of an "or" situation than "and".

Though Id be happy with any of them.

Starting to wonder if there is something to this one

PULISIC FOCUSED ON DORTMUND

Christian Pulisic admits he once dreamed of playing in the Premier League but insists he is “very focused” on matters at Borussia Dortmund.

The USA international’s development at Dortmund has seen him emerge as one of Europe’s most sought-after young talents, with Manchester United and Liverpool linked with him.

In an exclusive interview with NBC Sports, the 19–year-old stopped short of ruling out a move to the Premier League but was adamant he would not be distracted by the prospect.

"I really don't look or read into it very much," he said. "People know more about it than I do!

“Of course, the Premier League is a great league. It was a dream to play there when I was younger but I'm under contract with Dortmund and I'm just working hard there at the moment. I'm very focused on the here and the now.

“Of course, you never know what can happen with professional sports but I am just focused on what I am doing right now.”

I know Martial can play through the middle, but with Kane he would be predominantly on the left.

Yeah. I can see Sessegnon is different - Rose's replacement.

But I'm sure we are only thinking one versatile forward to replace Llorente/Janssen - so one of Martial/Pulisic/Zaha/Arp/ANOther etc.

Well Zaha and Martial are I guess, but Martial could predominantly cover the CF position better and more often than any of our other AMs. I think those two would become two of our best AMs given time, and allow Eriksen to move back deeper. But realistically you are right, more likely one or the other....

Yeah. I can see Sessegnon is different - Rose's replacement.

But I'm sure we are only thinking one versatile forward to replace Llorente/Janssen - so one of Martial/Pulisic/Zaha/Arp/ANOther etc.

I think Sessegnon only replaces Rose if we switch to a genuine 352 and he is more winger than full back.

I also think Son did such a good job replacing Kane that you are right, Llorente/Janssen are likely to be ditched in favour of a forward rather than striker.

If he were to cover Kane, we would want someone to cover him. And another option or two in that pool could be a real game changer.

Well Zaha and Martial are I guess, but Martial could predominantly cover the CF position better and more often than any of our other AMs. I think those two would become two of our best AMs given time, and allow Eriksen to move back deeper. But realistically you are right, more likely one or the other....

I think Son did a great job, but to have Martial as well would be good. Im a fan of the idea of Eriksen moving deeper, wouldnt surprise me at all if Poch has it in mind.

Wouldn't expect to see two wide attacking players brought in personally

Martial Bale Zaha Pulisic(?) All potentially on the shortlist and if that's a sign of the level of player we're looking to add to the squad it's a good sign of things to come and where we are in the market

Last edited:
Id be more inclined to one, but two wouldnt blow my mind. Especially if we lose a striker, chances are we will accomodate more forwards in the team/squad

Im more interested in the type, someone like Zaha offers something different to what we have

Martial Bale Zaha Pulisic(?) All potentially on the shortlist and if that's a sign of the level of player we're looking to add to the squad it's a good sign
I think its feasible, but dependant on budget obviously. If Poch has 100m + sales it wouldnt surprise me. Because as much as I love Son and Lamela, I do think both could be upgraded (more likely Lamela leaving I guess and both would fetch decent fees) IF we are in the market for genuine top quality and I dont think our defence needs much work so could see main recruits being LB,CM,AM and AM/CF (plus Toby replacement if he goes). I know its a stretch for Martial to be considered that with his stint at Man U but I still think he has a higher ceiling than Son and Lamela....

Martial Bale Zaha Pulisic(?) All potentially on the shortlist and if that's a sign of the level of player we're looking to add to the squad it's a good sign of things to come and where we are in the market

Not when we already have Son, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and Moura for 2 or 3 spots (depending on formation). Moura is the second, we just brought him in 6 months early.

Id be more inclined to one, but two wouldnt blow my mind. Especially if we lose a striker, chances are we will accomodate more forwards in the team/squad

Im more interested in the type, someone like Zaha offers something different to what we have

CF
LWF/cover
RWF/cover
AMC/cover

with one of the WFs covering CF too seems a good number of players for the squad

Kane Eriksen Alli Son Lamela Moura plus one of the aforementioned players in my previous post is a bloody good mix - i guess you could add a youngster like Sessegnon in there too as a bit of a wildcard but i wouldn't expect to see 2 brought in otherwise unless one of the ones here leave (and i don't expect to see that happen)

In dreamland Bale AND Sessegnon would be ideal - get Bale for instant impact with Sessegnon learning from one of the best

CF
LWF/cover
RWF/cover
AMC/cover

with one of the WFs covering CF too seems a good number of players for the squad

Kane Eriksen Alli Son Lamela Moura plus one of the aforementioned players in my previous post is a bloody good mix - i guess you could add a youngster like Sessegnon in there too as a bit of a wildcard but i wouldn't expect to see 2 brought in otherwise unless one of the ones here leave (and i don't expect to see that happen)

In dreamland Bale AND Sessegnon would be ideal - get Bale for instant impact with Sessegnon learning from one of the best

And if Eriksen/Alli were moved deeper? It would open up a bit. As could a change in system/formation.

Im not suggesting we over load on players, just saying two wouldnt be a real shocker.

I cant help thinking if Bale came in it would kill Lamelas time with us, and seriously impede Moura. I see more "room" on the left side.

Hence, I suppose, the Martial/Zaha/Sessegnon links.

And if Eriksen/Alli were moved deeper? It would open up a bit. As could a change in system/formation.

Im not suggesting we over load on players, just saying two wouldnt be a real shocker.

I cant help thinking if Bale came in it would kill Lamelas time with us, and seriously impede Moura. I see more "room" on the left side.

Hence, I suppose, the Martial/Zaha/Sessegnon links.

All the players and our system in attack is pretty fluid, im not too hung up on 'sides' Bales at his best coming through the middle imo anyway

CF
LWF/cover
RWF/cover
AMC/cover

That is probably asking too much, but would be amazing if we could pull that off....

All the players and our system in attack is pretty fluid, im not too hung up on 'sides' Bales at his best coming through the middle imo anyway

Lamela is useless on the left, but I quite like him in the middle.
I cant stand Son on the right, or through the middle much, but is effective up front.
Moura did much better on the right than anywhere else.
I think Bale was always most effective on the right, though would also see him covering Kane in the centre.

There is a degree of fluidity, but IMO "sides" is definitely a thing.

Interestingly, in the guessing game competition, as far as I can see, only one person has so far guessed that Bale may be coming in.

And there are only a relatively few guesses for Martial.

Interestingly, in the guessing game competition, as far as I can see, only one person has so far guessed that Bale may be coming in.

And there are only a relatively few guesses for Martial.

I think that's just a healthy dose of reality

United haven't sold us anyone in decades, other than a 36 year old Teddy Sheringham

And Bale earns more than double what even our new upper limit is, and has lots of injury concerns

I'd put my money on a younger, fitter model who is currently on lower wages, like one of the two from Germany (Pulisic and Arp)

Back