• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Sissoko doesn't suit us, he likes to drive into space that we are never afforded unless we are playing a top 6 rival and then its rare he takes part anyway. Not his fault at all and his confidence from day one has hindered him but he is better off elsewhere.

Dier has been imo nowhere near to his form of 2015/16 in either of the last two seasons but I wouldn't get rid of him unless he wanted away. Needs to cut out this inconsistent stop start element in his performances and also shouldn't be played at the back or considered anything other than an emergency option for CB not used as part of the quota.

Dembele should stay but we seriously need to be looking for a successor.

Wanyama has just had a disrupted season, got injured in pre season, came back too early and was far off the pace against Chelsea at Wembley and got injured again and we didn't see him for months. Needs a good pre season and can go again.

Out would be: Sissoko, Lamela, Janssen, Llorente through choice and if they are really agitating to go then I guess Rose and Alderweireld too. If those 6 were to go or even the first 4, that's a lot of wages to free up and a boost to the transfer kitty

IMO Dier remains one of our most underrated players. He covers for so many others that he ends up being prominent in everything we do/is seen when he makes a mistake. I would love to see either Jan or him as skipper.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Grealish will never grow up. And never be fit enough for Poch. He's like a mixture of Jack Wheelchair and Paul Merson.
Grealish is 21 years old, you have no idea whether he will ever grow up or not. I have no idea about his personal behaviour of late, but his performances on the pitch have definitely matured. Only suggested him because people complain about our midfield play being too slow a lot, this guy carries the ball from CM and is positive, direct and uses the ball well and quickly. But what do I know, you clearly know the career trajectory of 21 year olds a lot better than me....

IMO Dier remains one of our most underrated players. He covers for so many others that he ends up being prominent in everything we do/is seen when he makes a mistake. I would love to see either Jan or him as skipper.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Steff I like Dier but it’s not just the odd mistake here and there, and more worryingly it’s very basic errors he’s doing. He literally does a hospital pass or two in dangerous areas every game now, and that’s not an exaggeration. Hopefully it’s just a break he needs....

We need some horrible bar stewards of the Godin Ilk. Some proper throw toys out of pram if things aren’t going our way kind of players...those who can turn a tide and have an iron will to win...this needs to then rub off on our young pups...

Sign a couple of young up and comers sure...but it’s problematic cnuts that we require. Something different in the dressing room to create a different atmosphere and reaction when chips are down.

I think the Sissoko and Aurier signings show what we are up against (I do think Aurier will come good next season. He's never going to be a GHod like defender, but he will improve and could be handy going forward).

We can't buy middle of the road players who are slightly under the radar anymore. It won't advance us. Instead we have to buy either quality youngsters who will develop. Or top quality players. It is a much harder landscape for Levy to operate as we need to be buying the best now - beit established players or younger players.

It depends on who departs, but if Rose is off, we will need a LB. If Toby is off a CB. That's just to stand still. If we could just sell Rose for £50m and keep Toby that would be good business.

To advance, we should sign another goal scorer who can play with Kane and cover him. That player could be on our books already. As Son has showed. Maybe that player is Moura. But it might make sense to sell Lamela and get in a forward who has Kane like tenacity to put the ball in the back of the net (Lamela's weakness, not scoring enough?).

Then we need a midfielder who can cover Eriksen. I hope we keep Dembele.

The problem I see with Zaha is not so much the transfer fee (although that will be a bit problematic too), as it is his salary. He's on £120K/wk at Palace. Even if we raise everyone else's salary, the most we could offer him would be around £150K, which would be on par with what Eriksen and Kane will likely be making. We may be better off going for a David Neres. He's not going to be cheap either (Ajax rejected a 30 million euro bid from Dortmund, apparently), but he's not going to be £50-70 million either. £35 million might get him and we could have him on a £50-60K salary.

I dont see it as that big a deal. If he is young and ambitious the project and the step up should get him in. Whatever he gets paid itll still make him rich.

As an aside, the whole point of the stadium is to compete on wages for player like this.

As another, our wage structure seems to be heavily incentivised. IE - not especially high basic wage but bonuses for all sorts that can make regular contributors very well paid indeed.

I dont think its a deal breaker, put it that way.

Martial is definitely off looking at the team news today
Very viable alternative to Zaha with arguably more scope and flexibility

I was amazed to read recently that he was only on £65k per week given how much they signed him for. Also only 1 year left on his contract

I'm with you that he'd be a better bet than Zaha - 4 years younger, probably cheaper given contract situation, wages more reasonable and personally I think he's better

I'm not sold on Zaha. I think he is talented but maybe better as a big fish in a small pond?

What I saw today from Lucas made me think we can pass on Zaha (which let's face it will cost us a risky £50m+). Lucas showed amazing touch and a bag of tricks (similar to Zaha) , I think Zaha is stronger but not by much, Lucas can be terrier like. Also I get the feeling Lucas can be a better team player than Zaha.

It could then let us focus more on a AM/CF type that provides similar back up to Kane that sonny does but perhaps someone with more power eg Martial, Rashford type.

I'm not sold on Zaha. I think he is talented but maybe better as a big fish in a small pond?

What I saw today from Lucas made me think we can pass on Zaha (which let's face it will cost us a risky £50m+). Lucas showed amazing touch and a bag of tricks (similar to Zaha) , I think Zaha is stronger but not by much, Lucas can be terrier like. Also I get the feeling Lucas can be a better team player than Zaha.

It could then let us focus more on a AM/CF type that provides similar back up to Kane that sonny does but perhaps someone with more power eg Martial, Rashford type.

I've always had doubts about Zaha - primarily his ability to link up with the rest of our players. He's a wonderful, dangerous dribbler with a lot of physical power and pace. But can he seamlessly exchange passes and positions with our players when the occasion calls for it? When space is limited and quick team movement is of the essence, can he do as well as he evidently does with more space and more time?

Zaha and Son are quite similar, and for what it's worth I think we have the better of the two. I'd prefer searching for a quick forward more able to link up with our players and provide passing avenues for the others to exploit - in other words, the perfect wing-forward, powerful, pacy and good on the ball. It's ambitious, but hey, Poch wants ambition. :p Settling for Zaha would be good (he's perfectly fine as a player for our level), but not necessarily the most ambitious move in that respect, imo.

Back