• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

That is absolute bollox from levy don't tell me there was not one player that we could have gotten ... we are far too superior and don't need anyone.

Then he says that we are competing? We are going to suffer i think

I think the most interesting thing about this window is that the so-called smaller clubs are feeling the benefits of the increased TV money and they no longer fall over when the so-called big boys are in the background with ‘offers they can’t refuse’ - see Maguire, Sessengon and Zaha.

It has also confirmed that Jim White is vying with Boris for the title of Biggest Twunt in Britain.

Cross posting from the Grealish thread.

Maybe it’s still true

Levy has just been winding everyone up - apparently 10 "deal sheets" being worked on for Premier League clubs. Supposedly Mina and another guy for Everton - but maybe we have one incoming too? Or possibly a couple going out? :p Late bids for Eriksen and Kane by Real accepted? :p

Attachments

• dealsheet.png
    dealsheet.png
    124 KB · Views: 23
Too easy to throw money at things and go the way of Leeds. I for one don’t want to see us buy players to appease fans, if the right player is available then sure buy otherwise wait until window closes and buy players for Jan or with loan backs when we are not competing with the rest of the prem and having prices driven up as rest of Europe window is still open, we just can’t register them yet.

On the flip side we are losing academy players so would be just as well, if they are good enough, to put faith in them and give them a first team route.

If Poch is happy, I am happy.

Nah, Poch more or less confirmed we're not getting anyone. How good wouldn't it be with a VDV type signing now though, just to shut the frenzy on Twitter up. :p

Would be tremendous. I think we’ve had a bad window but the reaction is hilarious. I’m seeing stuff like “disastrous”, “miserable” and “sorry” used. We’re no weaker than we were and we finished 3rd last year.

I’d bet there are clubs who have weakened themselves who’ve had a disastrous window. I fudging despair at the hysteria.

Levy should have done better in my view but we’re still going to compete at the right end of the table.

Would be tremendous. I think we’ve had a bad window but the reaction is hilarious. I’m seeing stuff like “disastrous”, “miserable” and “sorry” used. We’re no weaker than we were and we finished 3rd last year.

I’d bet there are clubs who have weakened themselves who’ve had a disastrous window. I fudging despair at the hysteria.

Levy should have done better in my view but we’re still going to compete at the right end of the table.

It's generally the same crowd that moans and complains about just about anything. Generally. And they've typically been "supporters" for ten years max.

Agree we're no weaker, though our rivals have strengthened. So, like you, I think we've had a bad window (again).

Feel that we should still expect to finish about Arsenal, and it's between us and Cheatski for 4th. Man U finished above us last year and I think Fred will add a lot to them. Liverpool have generally stregnthened well. Obviously we have a chance of finishing above 4th, though equally we have a chance of finishing 6th

Biggest challenge we face this coming season is keeping the squad together at the end of it given the number of players on short contracts, or adequately replacing them

Too easy to throw money at things and go the way of Leeds. I for one don’t want to see us buy players to appease fans, if the right player is available then sure buy otherwise wait until window closes and buy players for Jan or with loan backs when we are not competing with the rest of the prem and having prices driven up as rest of Europe window is still open, we just can’t register them yet.

On the flip side we are losing academy players so would be just as well, if they are good enough, to put faith in them and give them a first team route.

If Poch is happy, I am happy.
I would be very surprised if Poch was happy.

Agree we're no weaker, though our rivals have strengthened. So, like you, I think we've had a bad window (again).

Feel that we should still expect to finish about Arsenal, and it's between us and Cheatski for 4th. Man U finished above us last year and I think Fred will add a lot to them. Liverpool have generally stregnthened well. Obviously we have a chance of finishing above 4th, though equally we have a chance of finishing 6th

Biggest challenge we face this coming season is keeping the squad together at the end of it given the number of players on short contracts, or adequately replacing them

One rival has strengthened from a good position in Liverpool - but all their signings are unknowns in this league (but I wouldn’t mind any at spurs)

United seem in more dissaray than ever. Fred will not make them more effective in attack and their defence wasn’t really a problem

Arsenal have brought players like we used to sign where we were battling for a Europa place

Chelsea... GHod knows what theirs will end up like. They could be brilliant or struggle

City have signed one player who they didn’t need but naturally that’s an improvement in squad overall

Everyone beneath us has had to invest to play catch up and most are still a way behind

Yep..... the two clubs above us have strengthened more than we have. The two clubs immediately below us (and not far behind) have also strengthened more than we have.

We have a few players in our squad that aren't particularly hard to improve upon, but it seems Levy will not buy a replacement player before he has sold the existing player. Ironic that he has really promoted the To Dare Is to Do part of our brand.

One rival has strengthened from a good position in Liverpool - but all their signings are unknowns in this league (but I wouldn’t mind any at spurs)

United seem in more dissaray than ever. Fred will not make them more effective in attack and their defence wasn’t really a problem

Arsenal have brought players like we used to sign where we were battling for a Europa place

Chelsea... GHod knows what theirs will end up like. They could be brilliant or struggle

City have signed one player who they didn’t need but naturally that’s an improvement in squad overall

Everyone beneath us has had to invest to play catch up and most are still a way behind
Interesting that you feel everyone beneath us had to invest to play catch up. Did you not feel that we also needed to invest to play catch up on those in front of us?

I didn't expect miracles in terms of vast numbers of signings, but thought we would bring 2 new players in, with the club at least doing something in the centre of midfield to cover our injury situation along with the fact that Dembele probably only has six months to a year left with us.

Back