• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Personally I would have been happy with 1 quality signing and a couple of the youngsters getting more game time.

With Lamela now getting fitter and fitter, Moura bedding in and getting fit enough for Poch to possibly start and then all our players having good
world cups we have a very strong first team.

I have seen many a year where we as a club have brought in a ton of players and the on paper we look great only to play badly and not gel as a team. We have a tight unit that needs minor tweaking and an addition here and there.

Signing players is like getting new toys. Its not that we always need it, and its not that they will make a difference but as supporters we now seem to demand that even if logic flies out the window. I am pretty sure most of you would sign Grealish just so we have Signed someone, be it anyone almost.

Its obvious from this point on wages our our major issue now at the club. We have made sure we kept our stars and paid them better. We are also moving into a mint new stadium. The scare mongers will have you believe the players have come back tired from the world cup. Its more likely they are buoyed by how they played and full of confidence. I saw the effect a good world cup had on Gazza's and Lineker, and also a good Euros on Teddy etc in 96. So that is more likely than them being exhausted.

Also the same old crap being rolled out about adjusting to a new stadium. We had that last year, but this year its not Wembley where eveyone wants to play. Its our own stadium.

As a club we are super well run, we have a manager who can use our youth and we our moving into not the biggest stadium but surely the best equipped in the whole league. It will make many a fan jealous.

So take a Chill Pill. Dont expect any signings and look forward to our start players bringing it on in a new season.

If anyone goes now we've seriously fudged up as there's no way anyone else is coming in to replace / strengthen the loss.

Unless it's Sissoko of course, then it really doesn't matter.

Oh well, at least we can all proudly say "we were there" for the most unsuccessful Summer transfer window, that will go down in SSN history as "the one where Spurs signed no one!"
Think we owe ourselves a lot of credit for enduring this most turgid of times. What a way to spend a few weeks. Well done all, like Spurs i'm sure we'll come out of this stronger and better for it!

This made me think of Kazayuki Toda, Umbulelo OJ Mabizela, and the best one of all, Bongani Khumalo who probably never kicked a ball for us but MAN did we sell a lot of Spurs shirts in South Africa. Did we? Er, no.

Fun fact.

I sold him a holiday to Dubai.

For the first season in a long time we will potentially have 3 players who want to leave in Dembele, Toby and Rose and thats going to be interesting on how we manage that as a club. I

Dembele doesn't appear to want to leave, from all reports he wants to leave on a free at the end of his contract - not seen anything to suggest he will kick up a stink.

We'll be the first club, since the start of the premiere league, not to sign any players in the summer transfer window.
Maybe we'll get a trophy for that!

Nothing's happening.

Nothing's gonna happen.

Nothing to see here.

Called it back on June 4, page 116 of this thread.

And Levy backed me up.

What can I say? I'm The Man.

Used the time wisely to pick out something stylish in white to wear for the season opener.

National-car-rental-2016-12-12_081639.jpg

ROJO TO EVERTON?

More rumours from Everton, who have been linked to another defender…

Everton are reportedly hoping to sign Marcos Rojo from Manchester United for £22m before the transfer window closes, according to The Telegraph.

Yep. That's just how you push on to the next level and really try to mount a title challenge!! It's official, we are the next Arsenal, happy with a talented squad as long as we get top 4.

Let the media laughing fest begin. Won't bother Levy of course, but i hate feeling part of that as it's we the fans who suffer the abuse from the media and mockery from other fans.

sigh

Yep. That's just how you push on to the next level and really try to mount a title challenge!! It's official, we are the next Arsenal, happy with a talented squad as long as we get top 4.

Let the media laughing fest begin. Won't bother Levy of course, but i hate feeling part of that as it's we the fans who suffer the abuse from the media and mockery from other fans.

sigh

I get way more riled up by fans taking the tinkle because we haven’t won a trophy than I do about our rivals baiting us over a transfer window. It’s almost irrelevant in terms of predicting how the season will go.

Arsenal aren’t a comparison. 4th for them was a fall from grace for a club that was for a few years a perennial title challenger. Top 4 for us, with our financial position relative to the rest of the league has always been a big achievement. The fact that we have made it a Big 6 rather than a Big 4 is absolutely fantastic.

sigh
They should rather focus mocking the clubs that spend hundreds of millions, and still have fudge all improvement!

At the moment our own fans are annoying me far more than other clubs fans. Become a caricature of the thing they despise.

Had a brief look on Twitter & the abuse coming from Spurs fans is embarrassing.

We’re in dreamland imo. New stadium and another season with this amazing squad that will be one year more experienced — plus money in the bank (you would hope). Where have these fans been the past 20 years?

Back