• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Liverpool are easily Man Citys biggest threat this season as things stand....

I'm not sure I'd say 'easily' but assuming their 4 signings don't all flop, they'll certainly be closer and are likely to pull further clear or Arsenal and Cheatski

Liverpool should be challenging for the title and other trophies -if they don't then it will be a very poor return on their outlay.

Let's wait and see how these 'amazing new signings' go in a competitive match before making ridiculously hyperbolic comments eh? Still think Klopp is their biggest problem...
They are genuine quality signings - we can dream that they will all flop but they wont. Even Shaqiri is a good addition to have on the bench/squad rotation to add something different. They have better depth to their squad now, and Im not one to buy into shiny new toys but as things stand they are in a better position than us to challenge for honours....

Liverpool should be challenging for the title and other trophies -if they don't then it will be a very poor return on their outlay.
Yes that is fair. Have they actually spent that much when you consider the Coutinho sale?Factor in TV money etc Im guessing they havent spent a massive amount net wise?

Yes that is fair. Have they actually spent that much when you consider the Coutinho sale?Factor in TV money etc Im guessing they havent spent a massive amount net wise?
Would be interesting to see the numbers yea, but that Coutinho money was already spent and some by the outlays on Keita and VVD. So Fabinho, Shaquiri and Alison should all be straight outgoings, no player sales to offset these against.

Im not suggesting they are buying their way to success like City/Chelsea etc in an immoral way or whatever just that they are backing the manager on his priority signings and spending big sums by doing so - if we were backing Poch in the same manner id be adjusting my expectations in line with that.

Alisson, VVD, Salah, Ox, Keita, Fabinho, Mane

That's 350m-400m spent on 7 of their starting XI - you spend that sort of money then you need to deliver

they have bought well, have a good coach despite the theatric and teeth - i think they are going to outdo us unless we do something "brave".

they have bought well, have a good coach despite the theatric and teeth - i think they are going to outdo us unless we do something "brave".

GettyImages-512857278.0.jpg

Fingers crossed that doesnt happen - they've already done some very decent business this window. There were rumours that Real were after him; hopefully he'll go there

I had a debate with a few Spurs fans early last season when i said IF they could get a decent CB and a good keeper they will be a threat, well they have done that ( if they get this keeper), add that to the players they already have and i can see them being a threat next season. But its Liverpool and i am sure there are some on here who will disagree.

Im not suggesting they are buying their way to success like City/Chelsea etc in an immoral way or whatever just that they are backing the manager on his priority signings and spending big sums by doing so - if we were backing Poch in the same manner id be adjusting my expectations in line with that.

Alisson, VVD, Salah, Ox, Keita, Fabinho, Mane

That's 350m-400m spent on 7 of their starting XI - you spend that sort of money then you need to deliver

That's absolutely right. They have no hiding place if they underachieve this year.
It's no love-in to suggest that them bringing in a few big-money signings of quality to upgrade their current shoddy players means that they now look more dangerous.

I am a little worried that our opening game at the new stadium could turn out to be an unhappy affair. You just know that if we get beaten, the crowing Scousers and media allies won't shut up about it for months.
Still, there's a way to go before then, and signing decent players isn't the same as forging a great team.

Liverpool sent jet to collect Allison as they generally do at most clubs now. Are we still directing them towards Easyjet/ryanair desks ?
We'll never get over that Petit taxi receipt

That's absolutely right. They have no hiding place if they underachieve this year.
It's no love-in to suggest that them bringing in a few big-money signings of quality to upgrade their current shoddy players means that they now look more dangerous.

I am a little worried that our opening game at the new stadium could turn out to be an unhappy affair. You just know that if we get beaten, the crowing Scousers and media allies won't shut up about it for months.
Still, there's a way to go before then, and signing decent players isn't the same as forging a great team.

We have seen sides spend big before and fail don’t forget

They are genuine quality signings - we can dream that they will all flop but they wont. Even Shaqiri is a good addition to have on the bench/squad rotation to add something different. They have better depth to their squad now, and Im not one to buy into shiny new toys but as things stand they are in a better position than us to challenge for honours....

I think they will be right up there in the League this season.

Agreed.

Back