• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Right, we need to step it up now. England out, time to bring the focus back to Spurs

Sign some fricken players :mad:

Less than a month til the end of the window...all of our rivals, bar Cheatski, have begun to strengthen. Thankfully we dont need wholesale changes, but with 3 first team squad players (TA, Dembele, Rose) looking likely to leave, we need 3 signings to stand still.

That said, we won't be alone in being crossing our fingers that deals don't fall over. This window is going to be a mad scramble, particularly down the lower end of the league where teams get worried about being relegated

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Fulham and Nice are in advanced talks to finalise a double deal for midfielder Jean Michael Seri and defender Maxime Le Marchand.

One source has told us the combined deal could be worth in excess of £30m.

Both players are on standby to take medicals once the clubs have completed negotiations.

Chelsea had been favourites to sign Seri but with Napoli midfielder Jorginho seemingly on his way to Stamford Bridge, Fulham have taken advantage.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Fulham and Nice are in advanced talks to finalise a double deal for midfielder Jean Michael Seri and defender Maxime Le Marchand.

One source has told us the combined deal could be worth in excess of £30m.

Both players are on standby to take medicals once the clubs have completed negotiations.

Chelsea had been favourites to sign Seri but with Napoli midfielder Jorginho seemingly on his way to Stamford Bridge, Fulham have taken advantage.

Thought seri was highly rated

Also though Jorginho was going to city

Strange window so far

Its an interesting move. With Cairney in there they could be forming a decent midfield.

I quite like Fulham, and Jokanovic, they play some good stuff. I didnt think they had the depth to get through the play offs, and I dont at this point think they have the depth to stay up - but a few more moves like this and who knows?

Time will tell. Given this falls (Im guessing) under employment law I suspect it will be quite cut and dried.

Im not sure intent needs to be proven on Sportings part, simply the fact it happened will be enough.

The chairman hasnt helped by being a complete psycho as well, there is a catalogue of flimflam supporting the players "mentally distressed" side of the argument - without the obvious physical danger as well.

Clearly Im no expert, but I dont really see the club have a leg to stand on - and as I said Im yet to see a single mention of the club reacting/responding/appealing - seems very cut and dried.
you right I hope to quote this in 1 month and "I told you so" ;) - I am no expert either but will be very surprised if it ends there - especially with the access the Italian teams give their Ultras and the threats they have historically made to players.
;)
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...rting-lisbon-demand-48million-wolves-12894588

And yet:

(SSN)
"Wolves are believed to be unconcerned after Sporting Lisbondemanded £48.5m for Portuguese keeper Rui Patricio and asked FIFA to ban the Premier League club from all transfer activity for two windows."

Its not a great surprise Sporting have tried something, it would be a surprise if they didnt. The real "I told you so" moment will be when we see what comes of it.

I would be really careful about going for a bargain here as I am sure this will be appealed and drag on for ages in courts... depending upon the outcome could still be left paying a heafty fee for a player we didn't really want but just got for the freebie.

The players appear to have the right to terminate the contract based upon this, and have acted upon it. As I said, I doubt they did this without having their own legal teams confirm its validity.

And, as is currently reported, there is no sign of recourse from the club. Not "Sporting to face fight to keep players", rather, "the club is a mess and this is what the players are doing"

Clearly Im no expert, but I dont really see the club have a leg to stand on - and as I said Im yet to see a single mention of the club reacting/responding/appealing - seems very cut and dried.

The I told you so was in regards to the club taking it to tribunal not that they would win.

The I told you so was in regards to the club taking it to tribunal not that they would win.

My point of view was always that the players would end up in the right. Yours was that it could end up costing money - my point was always that I think it wont, else the players wont have done it in the first place and clubs wont have taken them for free.

Sporting fighting isnt much of a surprise.

I wonder if this is an attempt to get an out of court settlement, make it go away type thing - get something rather than nothing. I doubt they actually think theyll get £48m from Wolves.

My point of view was always that the players would end up in the right. Yours was that it could end up costing money - my point was always that I think it wont, else the players wont have done it in the first place and clubs wont have taken them for free.

Sporting fighting isnt much of a surprise.

I wonder if this is an attempt to get an out of court settlement, make it go away type thing - get something rather than nothing. I doubt they actually think theyll get £48m from Wolves.
My point of view was it is unlikely that the players can unilaterally terminate their contract:
"I am sure this will be appealed and drag on for ages in courts... depending upon the outcome could still be left paying a heafty fee for a player we didn't really want but just got for the freebie."

How much do you think Wolves will end up paying for him? If £10m + and/or not able to sign in time for September am I able to do a told you so then?

Last edited:
My point of view was it is unlikely that the players can unilaterally terminate their contract:
"I am sure this will be appealed and drag on for ages in courts... depending upon the outcome could still be left paying a heafty fee for a player we didn't really want but just got for the freebie."

How much do you think Wolves will end up paying for him? If £10m + and/or not able to sign in time for September am I able to do a told you so then?

I think, unless they do some sort of out of court settlement to shut it up and make it go away, they wont pay anything.

I think the players knew the legalities of the situation before taking the action.

I think the clubs (like Wolves) will have verified this before signing the player, they will know where they stand on it.

So for me, the only thing that means money changing hands is if Sporting somehow tie up the player while the case is on and Wolves want to settle to shut it up.

Which isnt the same as the players being wrong or not unable to cancel their contracts, its just hush money so everyone can move on with life.

Reading that Sporting thing - its hilarious they try and site Pochs book as validation of criticising players. As if making a comment in a book abouta players readiness to play, years after the event (when both are at different clubs) is comprable to attacking half the squad on social media and suspending them.

It looks desperate to me, at the moment I just think they are trying to make as much noise as they can to get paid off to shut up.

Back