• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

I can't think why any coach would have that line of thinking tbh, it backfired massively as Ronaldo didn't even get to take one. I would expect Messi and Van Persie to take the first or the second pen if it goes the distance on Wednesday.

It's either going to be a match winning or match saving penalty. Pretty clear why you would want someone a bit good taking it.

So we agree Messi has outperfomed Ronaldo then? Both of their respective teams have been poor.

Why is everyone so passionately defending Ronaldo :lol: is it because he plays for Real Madrid and people have a soft spot for them cos of Bale and Modric :p

Isn't this a massive straw man argument mate? Where has anyone said Ronaldo has had a better World Cup? People are arguing against the assumption that because Argentina have progressed further than Portugal then messi must be better than Ronaldo. Which is the same logic you were arguing against when saying Suarez was better than bale (Madrid being better than Liverpool shouldn't cloud the judgment that Suarez is superior to bale in your opinion)

It's either going to be a match winning or match saving penalty. Pretty clear why you would want someone a bit good taking it.

So you would be fine with having your best penalty taking the 4th penatly for example and having 3 not as good players taking penalties before and potentially missing them and thus the best player not even getting the chance to take one? Seems a bit silly as Ronaldo missed the chance to take one against Spain :lol: The 9th penalty could potentially be the deciding penalty too but you can't think that far ahead. I would have wanted Baines, Gerrard and Lambert to have taken the first 3 pens in a shootout for england.

Isn't this a massive straw man argument mate? Where has anyone said Ronaldo has had a better World Cup? People are arguing against the assumption that because Argentina have progressed further than Portugal then messi must be better than Ronaldo. Which is the same logic you were arguing against when saying Suarez was better than bale (Madrid being better than Liverpool shouldn't cloud the judgment that Suarez is superior to bale in your opinion)

No because people have been arguing that Argentina are a much better side than Portugal who are some provincial no hopers, but the fact is Argentina as a whole have been quite poor and Messi has carried them so it's not like they've been great and he's just been along for the ride. The difference is Bale went to an already great team and was perhaps the final piece of the puzzle so to speak. I just think with Messi's superior goal tally, bigger trophy haul, more awards and potentially a World Cup win, it would make it difficult to argue Ronaldo is better with all of that on Messi's CV.

Anyway I've taken on the whole forum it seems and I've had enough :lol:

I'd argue you'd grab your 5 best penalty takers then order them worst to best. In most scenarios the latter takers will have the most pressure on them. First penalty is the "easiest" but also most important. So best at number 1 to ensure you get off to a good start and relieve pressure somewhat, then 2 & 3 can be your weaker kicks. Then 4 & 5 likely to win you or save you the match.

If it got to the point where you're not going to need number 5 then the kick ordering isn't the problem.

So you would be fine with having your best penalty taking the 4th penatly for example and having 3 not as good players taking penalties before and potentially missing them and thus the best player not even getting the chance to take one? Seems a bit silly as Ronaldo missed the chance to take one against Spain :lol: The 9th penalty could potentially be the deciding penalty too but you can't think that far ahead. I would have wanted Baines, Gerrard and Lambert to have taken the first 3 pens in a shootout for england.

Do you think it's more or less likely that one of those Portuguese players that missed a penalty would have scored had they been taking the last penalty instead of one in the middle?

Your comparison with the 9th penalty is just absurd and I'm guessing you know it.

Do you think it's more or less likely that one of those Portuguese players that missed a penalty would have scored had they been taking the last penalty instead of one in the middle?

Your comparison with the 9th penalty is just absurd and I'm guessing you know it.

That really isn't the point, I just find it absurd that a coach would risk his best penalty taker not getting the chance to take one. Tbh I don't know if the coach suggested this, but to me it smacks of something Ronaldo would do i.e. wanting to take the deciding penalty just to get the glory but maybe I am being too harsh on him.

I'm aware it was an absurd point but so is risking the chance of your best player not taking a penalty. If Spurs were in a shootout would you rather Soldado took the first penalty or the last one?

That really isn't the point, I just find it absurd that a coach would risk his best penalty taker not getting the chance to take one. Tbh I don't know if the coach suggested this, but to me it smacks of something Ronaldo would do i.e. wanting to take the deciding penalty just to get the glory but maybe I am being too harsh on him.

I'm aware it was an absurd point but so is risking the chance of your best player not taking a penalty. If Spurs were in a shootout would you rather Soldado took the first penalty or the last one?

Like Superted pointed out, if your 5th taker doesn't get to take one it didn't matter anyway. Unless you somehow think that it's more likely that one of those first 4 would have scored if taking his penalty last. If he doesn't get to take one it's because even if he scored you're not going through (or you're winning), how does it help you to have him take his penalty earlier?

The pressure is highest with the last penalties I think. Stats show quite clearly that players are much more likely to score the winning penalty than they are to score the "saving penalty" that keeps their team in the game. No doubt the pressure matters. To me it makes sense to have at least one of your best players take the 5th penalty when the pressure is at the highest, most of the time i would say that getting your two best players to take the first and 5th penalty makes a lot of sense.

They massively take the **** Barca, just like Bale not even officially signed yet

Br9AswnCUAAbRb-.jpg

They massively take the **** Barca, just like Bale not even officially signed yet

Br9AswnCUAAbRb-.jpg

Barca and Real Madrid are the two most arrogant clubs in world football, it's breathaking how self absorbed they both are. Shame really cos I always used to think of Barca as the good guys to Real Madrid's death star.

I saw those pics earlier, couldnt believe it but found it funny yet ridiculous and just simply beggars belief. Anyone who thinks Barca are classy are deluded. This is why I hate them as much as each other those ****s.

That's not the official Barca club shop though, its just some sports shop creating a bit of publicity. Looks like it worked :)

Back