• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

FifPro says it infringes his right to work, but couldn't the same be said of any other form of suspension?

Can't believe the idiot did this a third time. He just won't ever learn to control himself.

I'm still inclined to think Liverpool did help over the last year. Obviously the Kenny-teeshirt stuff was the same nonsense we see from Uruguayan players, officials, politicians ... pretty much everyone except one of the 1950 survivors. But Liverpool did manage him really well last season, by hook or crook, and I suspect ... and obviously this is just my opinion ... that the psychologist played a role. Within a few weeks of him leaving that environment he is in trouble again.
He was still cheating and trying to provoke other players every game though. I don't see us giving credit to any other players for going two thirds of a season without biting or racially abusing anyone.

I have read few things from around the world this week to try and gauge whether this is just an English media reaction and I have found pretty much unanimous condemnation of Suarez's actions. Obviously our foreign posters will be in a better position to say how their local media has reported it.

We all think its hilarious down here.

"He's been treated like a dog" - Grandma Suarez

9.jpg

I've read plenty of Aussie press criticism of him of a very similar tone to I have read over here

There's been that in the sports media but mostly it's been reported as one of those wacky novelty news items.

Complete overreaction. He bit someone, it's distasteful yes, some may argue vile, but no where to the degree that many are making out.

My reaction was at first disbelief, then i laughed at the absurdity of what had just happened. Nothing more. Not once did i feel any outrage towards Suarez, outcries similar to this should be reserved for incidents like Keane's utterly brutal leg-breaker on Haland, not on what is essentially a harmless act of stupidity.

Complete overreaction. He bit someone, it's distasteful yes, some may argue vile, but no where to the degree that many are making out.

My reaction was at first disbelief, then i laughed at the absurdity of what had just happened. Nothing more. Not once did i feel any outrage towards Suarez, outcries similar to this should be reserved for incidents like Keane's utterly brutal leg-breaker on Haland, not on what is essentially a harmless act of stupidity.

Come on Jurgen I'd hardly call it harmless. It's potentially very dangerous. Add in the fact that the fella has previous I think 4 months is soft.

The media attention is over the top, but surely the act of biting an opponent has to be punished. I mean, if its no big deal as you claim, why don't more footballers go about biting each other. You have to respect that amongst footballers this is just something that they don't do to each other. Same with spitting.

I know that that is the most popular theory, but it seems such a minor thing to be the trigger. If true, it has to come at the final straw after a whole game of attempts to unsettle (e.g. winding up, insults, holding and pushing, sly elbows and kicks, etc). I wonder if such apparently stupid actions as the Song sending off were the result of previous ongoing provocation.

The last two guys Suarez bit were not Italians.

The media attention is over the top, but surely the act of biting an opponent has to be punished. I mean, if its no big deal as you claim, why don't more footballers go about biting each other. You have to respect that amongst footballers this is just something that they don't do to each other. Same with spitting.

they do a whole host of other things to each other. biting just happens to be what suarez did. i genuinely think that in other parts of the world, amongst footballers, this kind of disguting behaviour is accepted within football. i remeber seeing diego costa spitting into his hands, and then throwing the spit at sergio ramos. after the game, they were shaking hands, swapping shirts and ramos seemed to accept costa's actions as part of football. suarez comes from a similar latin background to these two. maybe thats why his behaviour seems so foreign to us.

Last edited:
they do a whole host of other things to each other. biting just happens to be what suarez did. i genuinely think that in other parts of the world, amongst footballers, this kind of disguting behaviour is accepted within football. i remeber seeing diego costa spitting into his hands, and then throwing the spit at sergio ramos. after the game, they were shaking hands, swapping shirts and ramos seemed to accept costa's actions as part of football. suarez comes from a similar latin background to these two. maybe thats why his behaviour seems so foreign to us.

That statement would be fine if this was the first time he had done it. He knows it is not acceptable as he has received bans twice before.

cant believe some people are understating what he did, if you did this on the street, you'd be locked up, aside from the ban, suarez needs professional counselling and I hope Uruguay get smashed today for turning a blind eye to this, I wonder how they'd be responding if James Rodriguez was biting someone

Suarez tweet (twit longer)

http://tl.gd/n_1s29p5e

"Translation
Hi all, I write this post to give thanks to the outpouring of support and love I am receiving. Both myself and my family really appreciate it. Thank you very much for being by my lad"

been at the dippers too long, "lad"

Back