• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Studying for a Tax Qualification - ATT or ACCA

spitshine

Sebastien Bassong
Hi all,

Im looking to study for one of the above qualifications. Can anyone recommend how long it takes, best place to study and how useful
the qualification was?

Thanks

ACCA by far

Should take around three years although you may have exemptions (dependent on your degree). Also depends if you pass first time or there are retakes etc.

Best place to study it is BPP/Kaplan BUT if you work in a firm and they support your studies then you wont have any choice which provider you go with. Usually it is those aforementioned two - both very good both platinum rated.

My qualification instantly gave me a 10k bump in wages. It is useful.

I know nothing about ATT but ACCA there is greater scope should you choose a different career path in future.

Go to BPP in Reading, one of the tutors there is unbelievably hot. Failed that exam twice because I couldn't pay attention to anything other than her role play where she kept saying "I like double entry".

Agree with DHSF , ACCA is the way to go. Opens up many more doors than something as specific as AAT , recognized internationally, I have worked in Australia for the last six years with my ACCA qualification and I guarantee it is of an equal standard to any of the Aussie quals. (although they are snooty pricks over here regarding their ACA but that is something they need to address!) . BPP and a lot of hard graft in your own time and you can do it in 5 years from scratch or as DHSF said 3-4 years with some exemptions.

Go to BPP in Reading, one of the tutors there is unbelievably hot. Failed that exam twice because I couldn't pay attention to anything other than her role play where she kept saying "I like double entry".

That still gets me every day.

I am actually very brick at double entry - never understood it. Its like the alphabet for accountants.

Anyways I was at Kaplan and a week before my finals I ask this relatively hot (fat ass fat tits) lady whether she could help me with double entry. She was flabbergasted and asked me how I got so far without learning double entry. I told her I was the best at single entry.

She laughed, I laughed, we fudged

(Ok the very very last two words may not be true - but in my head we fudged)

It depends on what your aims are really, will you be doing it in spare time? Funding it yourself? Doing it via a firm? etc etc

If my memory is correct if you do an ATT then you can use some of that towards an ACCA I believe. What sort of tax are you looking to study?

If your aim is to use it to progress up the ladder than ATT will be enough to open up the opportunity and then you can put the effort in to impress from there.

It depends on what your aims are really, will you be doing it in spare time? Funding it yourself? Doing it via a firm? etc etc

If my memory is correct if you do an ATT then you can use some of that towards an ACCA I believe. What sort of tax are you looking to study?

If your aim is to use it to progress up the ladder than ATT will be enough to open up the opportunity and then you can put the effort in to impress from there.

I will be self funding and its really the tax element. It will be corporation tax side which will help elevate my position going back into tax. Ive previously touched on
Corporation tax and WHT on dividends.

If its self funded then do an ATT to start with, think its only a few hundred and can be done relatively quickly as well. It will open up the doors to where you need to get to.

PM me when you qualify and I might be able to help you out.

If its self funded then do an ATT to start with, think its only a few hundred and can be done relatively quickly as well. It will open up the doors to where you need to get to.

PM me when you qualify and I might be able to help you out.

Ooh, seems more than a few hundred but that will be all the revision notes etc, according to the prices with BPP.

Thanks

Back