• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad

Will we have adequate cover for any of VDV, Cuti, Maddison, Udogie or Vicario if any suffer long term injuries?

Not to be a buzzkill while the getting is good but that does seem like the pertinent question to ask. Hoping that they all get through the season unscathed seems a long shot.

Will we have adequate cover for any of VDV, Cuti, Maddison, Udogie or Vicario if any suffer long term injuries?

Not to be a buzzkill while the getting is good but that does seem like the pertinent question to ask. Hoping that they all get through the season unscathed seems a long shot.

Perhaps our limited number of games this season will help us avoid too many injuries.

VDV, Romero and Vicario = No

Maddison = Lo Celso (i also wonder what Bentancur will look like with more freedom in the 8 role ?)

Udogie = Davies (who is actually alright in this role, but obvs not as good as Udogie) or Sess when fit again (would be very interested to see him under Ange personally)

I know some will say Maddison to Lo Celso is a drop off but you could go round most teams in the country bar City and ask what cover they have if you take out their best players. Eg Arse without Odergaard, Pool without Salah, Saudi Sportswashing Machine without Guimeres, etc etc.

still buzzing here, nothing killed :D

Perhaps our limited number of games this season will help us avoid too many injuries.
That would certainly be the theory, look at Arse the other year out of Europe, almost played the same team each week. Leicester and Chelsea when they won the league, both out of Europe and basically playing the same XI every week.

There will be cover, just depends if you think it's adequate

Vicario - Foster and Austin
VDV - probably Davies (we need another CB in Jan!)
Romero - Phillips (not sure if he can cover LCB and Dier. Maybe Royal, but he has never played there.
Udogie - Davies and Sessegnon when fit.
Maddison - Lo Celso. Possibly one of the academy players?

We were never going to change the first team and the back up players in 1 window though.

There will be cover, just depends if you think it's adequate

Vicario - Foster and Austin
VDV - probably Davies (we need another CB in Jan!)
Romero - Phillips (not sure if he can cover LCB and Dier. Maybe Royal, but he has never played there.
Udogie - Davies and Sessegnon when fit.
Maddison - Lo Celso. Possibly one of the academy players?

We were never going to change the first team and the back up players in 1 window though.

Give it up mate he is not coming back

VDV, Romero and Vicario = No

Maddison = Lo Celso (i also wonder what Bentancur will look like with more freedom in the 8 role ?)

Udogie = Davies (who is actually alright in this role, but obvs not as good as Udogie) or Sess when fit again (would be very interested to see him under Ange personally)

I know some will say Maddison to Lo Celso is a drop off but you could go round most teams in the country bar City and ask what cover they have if you take out their best players. Eg Arse without Odergaard, Pool without Salah, Saudi Sportswashing Machine without Guimeres, etc etc.

still buzzing here, nothing killed :D

Going by the Fulham game, when wearing a Spurs shirt Lo Celso barely fills it so an empty shirt floating around doesn't constitute as cover imo. He's been useless, looked great for Villarreal though for sure.

And whilst I'm a big Davies fan I don't see him doing what Udogie has done so far - He's not a solid replacement for the dynamism that Destiny brings but as mentioned maybe Sess could be.

Ah well that's a great thought but then wouldn't it be even more helpful to drop out of the FA cup early to ensure we have even fewer games so the "cover" is even more adequate? (Not being arsy at you but hope my point is clear over the lack of competition in the squad to be able to facilitate actual success rather than celebrating how few games we have to play)

I'm loving it. We need a "lack of cover" to move forwards, because we need to clear the decks of highly paid players that are not giving us bang for buck.
We can make do for 6 months or whatever, so that we can HOPEFULLY make it into Europe for next year and freely sign better players, for a completely fresh squad feel.

I'm loving it. We need a "lack of cover" to move forwards, because we need to clear the decks of highly paid players that are not giving us bang for buck.
We can make do for 6 months or whatever, so that we can HOPEFULLY make it into Europe for next year and freely sign better players, for a completely fresh squad feel.
A non european squad should have about 18 top players plus some kids on clear pathways. Having about 35 players, with 15 bed blockers, isnt just dumb, its actively harmful

My biggest worry is Jan/Feb when the AFCON and Asian cups are on. Considering 2 of the 3 we will likely lose are 2/3rds of our midfield.
Bentancur will be back by then and he’s basically our best CM, so only really losing 1 “starter” for a couple of games.

It's an international break , get ready .....

fudge. I’d forgotten about that.

Ah well that's a great thought but then wouldn't it be even more helpful to drop out of the FA cup early to ensure we have even fewer games so the "cover" is even more adequate? (Not being arsy at you but hope my point is clear over the lack of competition in the squad to be able to facilitate actual success rather than celebrating how few games we have to play)

Didn’t think you were being arsy at all; great thing about here is that very few ever are.

Agree totally on the lack of cover - was just trying to find the silver lining to not being in Europe.

This our squad till January then (subject to any more Turkxits):

---------------------------------Vicario(Forster)

Porro(Royal)-Romero(Phillips)-van der Ven(Dier)-Udogie(Davies)

-------------------------------Bissouma(Skipp)

-- -----------Bentancur(Sarr)-------------Maddison(Gil)

-- Kulusevski(Johnson)--------------------------------------Son(Solomon)

---------------------------------Richarlison(Veliz)

+ Austin, Lloris, Whiteman, Sessegnon, Perisic, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso

Back