• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad rotation?

So, seeing as Parker isn't flavour of the month tonight, who could we play as DM instead? (of our current squad, no newbies).

Dare we put Livermore in? (not my choice, just asking)

Dembele and Holtby together?

Could be worth trying and would give us some real quality and creativity in the centre, something we should have. We're Tottenham. Will make us more vulnerable defensively of course, but seeing how much we're struggling to control games and create chances these days I think we can sacrifice a little bit defensively for some added creativity.

So, seeing as Parker isn't flavour of the month tonight, who could we play as DM instead? (of our current squad, no newbies).

Dare we put Livermore in? (not my choice, just asking)

get arry to do us a favour and encourage a bid for parker and get in a younger model in diame who has a release clause i believe, we come out of it better.

why is that cheating? to be fair i have no idea how many games he has played for west ham this season so he might not be fresh where as holtby is after the winter break they have in germany

It's not cheating, just 'no newbies' was stated in the post you were answering.

Your first point is certainly bearing a little truth Chich, but equally, I'd have to point out we had four 'fresh' players today, one of them went off hurt, one of them got hurt but didn't sub out (Bale - he should've been subbed IMHO) and a couple off form. I think today the manager made his first major mistakes of the season selection-wise (which he tried to correct at HT) but regardless, I agree that some players are being played too much right now for my personal liking too. However the bloke does try and rotate to rest; the back-5 is constantly changing. I think the simple issue is that we do not have proper cover in a couple of positions, so he's having to play certain players a lot. If Holtby is fit and well and not getting games, well, then I would have to blame the manager. But I suspect something is going on there...

hmm

so does anyone think that if we had rested verts, parker, dembele for basle they would have played better today and maybe got us 3 point kept us in the top 4 getting us into the champs league where we could have got extra money to spend on a better class of player while allowing us to stop one of our competitors from getting the extra money that being in the champs league brings.

Would not have started with bale and lennon on thursday either meaning they would have more then likely been fit for today and helped us with their pace against a good defensive side.

Instead of going on and on about this in other threads.

Today we saw Walker have one of his better games for us, and he was back to his very energetic self, running up and down the pitch and really injecting some pace and purpose in our attack in addition to being solid defensively. He was of course rested mid week (suspension, right?). Coincidence?

We've seen Dembele taken off twice now when we've needed goals. Against Everton and against Fulham. First two times AVB has taken him off the pitch when we've needed goals. In the middle of our congested fixture list when he's started every game. Yet AVB claims that we're not feeling the effects of playing a lot of games without rotating and that the players can take it.

We've seen Parker struggle much in the same way he did last year when he had to play a lot of games.

In my opinion we quite simply must start Huddlestone against Basel and rest either Dembele or Parker.

hmm

so does anyone think that if we had rested verts, parker, dembele for basle they would have played better today and maybe got us 3 point kept us in the top 4 getting us into the champs league where we could have got extra money to spend on a better class of player while allowing us to stop one of our competitors from getting the extra money that being in the champs league brings.

Would not have started with bale and lennon on thursday either meaning they would have more then likely been fit for today and helped us with their pace against a good defensive side.

How about cashing in on all our players, playing minimal wage and transfer fees for the next 10 season just keeping in the premier league by the skin of our teeth and then using all the money saved to buy ourselves a league winning side in 2023?

Instead of going on and on about this in other threads.

Today we saw Walker have one of his better games for us, and he was back to his very energetic self, running up and down the pitch and really injecting some pace and purpose in our attack in addition to being solid defensively. He was of course rested mid week (suspension, right?). Coincidence?

We've seen Dembele taken off twice now when we've needed goals. Against Everton and against Fulham. First two times AVB has taken him off the pitch when we've needed goals. In the middle of our congested fixture list when he's started every game. Yet AVB claims that we're not feeling the effects of playing a lot of games without rotating and that the players can take it.

We've seen Parker struggle much in the same way he did last year when he had to play a lot of games.

In my opinion we quite simply must start Huddlestone against Basel and rest either Dembele or Parker.

Basel is on the 11th
Out next game after that is on the 21st
Are you saying Dembele or Parker need a full two week rest before the 21st? or is a week and a half not good enough?

No probs, otherwise I'd agree! The mini break wont just be good for hopefully Bale, but a few of our squad I reckon....

Might be good for us, but it will also further congest our remaining schedule. If we go through against Basel we will be in for a good number of games. Unless we start rotating our central midfield a bit I will continue to worry.

Back