• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad for 2015-16 season

Clubs 'listen to offers' on quite a few players. Chadli almost moved in January. Thats business. As such, it doesn't necessarily mean a club definitely wants to get rid. I wouldn't assume there is anything 'obvious' about Townsend this summer from prior windows.

Things change, window to window. Townsend might be sold, but if Poch feels he has improved, will continue to, and likes him in his system, then Poch will be more inclined to retain him now. (Some of those prior windows Poch wasn't even a part of anyway).

Lamela's status plays in to it. How they feel about him, and how he feels. If they get a decent offer and decide the time is right to cut ties and losses, then I'd be surprised if Townsend were let go too in the same window.

Also a factor is if we go out and buy somebody better than either, which some are advocating. If it improves the 1st team and makes us a better and more successful team, then great. Not sure how well that would dovetail with Lamela and his development.

Last edited:
So the question could be (and yes .. just silly speculation)

would you

- Sell/release Kaboul, Vlad, Capoue, Holtby, Paulinho, Lennon, Dembele, Ade, Soldado
- Promote Pritchard, Deli, Velijkovic, Carroll, Coulthirst
- Buy a young striker

- Make a all out bid to bring back Bale (based on all the rumours, confusion at Real), question is how much would you be willing to pay?

would you

- Sell/release Kaboul, Vlad, Capoue, Holtby, Paulinho, Lennon, Dembele, Ade, Soldado
- Buy a young striker

- Make a all out bid to bring back Bale (based on all the rumours, confusion at Real), question is how much would you be willing to pay?

I would pay whatever we could afford to pay to bring him back. I honestly think that with him that team with a few tweaks could see us really challenge. Bale plus 3-4 free transfers like Ayew, Milner,Ings and Milner would make us challengers for the title immediately imo

I would pay whatever we could afford to pay to bring him back. I honestly think that with him that team with a few tweaks could see us really challenge. Bale plus 3-4 free transfers like Ayew, Milner,Ings and Milner would make us challengers for the title immediately imo

Not sure about title challengers, but we would be a legitimate top 4 side, to me, this side with Rose/Dier/Mason/Bentaleb with full season behind them, +Ings, a few youth players and Bale .. major threat

Reid on a free, Ings on the cheap. 1 more season for Townsend and Lamela to prove their worth.

Youngsters back from their loans and filling squad roles, hopefully 1 of them does a Kane (Pritchard?)

Kaboul, Ade, Capoue, Lennon, Paulinho, Soldado and Chiriches all in the bin.

--------------------------------lloris/vorm
walker/yedlin/fredericks-----dier/fazio------vert/reid-------rose/davies
----------------------bentaleb/stambouli----mason/carroll
-----townsend/lamela--------eriksen/alli/dembele----------chadli/pritchard (these players may end up in different positions)
--------------------------------kane/ings

I just got a hard-on thinking about Bale in the place of Lamela/Townsend as our right wing-forward.

But there's surely no chance of that...

Make a all out bid to bring back Bale (based on all the rumours, confusion at Real), question is how much would you be willing to pay?

Wonder if some of that is a case of 'fans continuing to believe in media speculation'.;)

DZA we have too be far more ambitius than that surely. Get rid of 10 players and get 4 absolute quality in, ideally with some good experience to help the young ones.

Sell: chiriches, kaboul, Capoue, paulinho, Carroll, townsend, lennon, holtby, ade, Soldado
Recall: Pritchard, Ali
Buy: centre back, centre mid, winger (who can also play up front), striker

Team 1: lloris, walker, NEW CB, jan, Davies, bentaleb, NEW CM, NEW WINGER, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane
Team 2: Vorm, Yedlin, Dier, Fazio, Rose, Stambouli, Mason, Lamela, Pritchard, dembele, NEW STRIKER
Alli and more youngsters to fill out the squad.

PERCECT!

DZA we have too be far more ambitius than that surely. Get rid of 10 players and get 4 absolute quality in, ideally with some good experience to help the young ones.

Sell: chiriches, kaboul, Capoue, paulinho, Carroll, townsend, lennon, holtby, ade, Soldado
Recall: Pritchard, Ali
Buy: centre back, centre mid, winger (who can also play up front), striker

Team 1: lloris, walker, NEW CB, jan, Davies, bentaleb, NEW CM, NEW WINGER, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane
Team 2: Vorm, Yedlin, Dier, Fazio, Rose, Stambouli, Mason, Lamela, Pritchard, dembele, NEW STRIKER
Alli and more youngsters to fill out the squad.

PERCECT!

Yeah you've sussed it, percect indeed. I'd forward this to Levy if I were you, I wouldn't say it's important to know which of the four players to buy for the positions including three first teamers who'd be realistic acquisitions, details are over-rated! ;)

Yeah you've sussed it, percect indeed. I'd forward this to Levy if I were you, I wouldn't say it's important to know which of the four players to buy for the positions including three first teamers who'd be realistic acquisitions, details are over-rated! ;)

Haha, I have my ideas, but I'm happy for POCH and the gram to decide :) But get four players of the if best calibre they WANT and it'll be perfect!

Haha, I have my ideas, but I'm happy for POCH and the gram to decide :) But get four players of the if best calibre they WANT and it'll be perfect!

I agree, I think Poch has shown he is a capable coach, so let's back him -- whether he wants to bring through more youth or make a couple of quality signings (or both).

would you

- Buy a young striker

1. Wouldn't be enough to fund a bid. Would have to sell someone like Eriksen or Kane to do that I think.

2. Crushing our wage ceiling for a single player at the time when we're about to finally start our stadium project? Not gonna happen.

We have to spend our money smarter than when we sold Bale, but I can't see re-signing happening at all.

So it seems Wimmer is now all but confirmed as our 4th CB. This would be my thinking for next year at the moment:

-------------------------------------Lloris(Vorm)

Walker(Yedlin)—Dier(Fazio)--Vertonghen(Wimmer)—Rose(Davies)

---------------------Bentaleb(Stambouli)----------Mason(Alli/Winks)

---------------------------------Eriksen(Pritchard)
----Townsend(Lamela)------------------------------Chadli(Oduwa)

-------------------------------------Kane(Ings)

Sell: Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue, Dembele, Carroll, Holtby, Paulinho, Lennon, Adebayor
Release: Khumalo, Ceballos, Friedel

So it seems Wimmer is now all but confirmed as our 4th CB. This would be my thinking for next year at the moment:

-------------------------------------Lloris(Vorm)

Walker(Yedlin)—Dier(Fazio)--Vertonghen(Wimmer)—Rose(Davies)

---------------------Bentaleb(Stambouli)----------Mason(Alli/Winks)

---------------------------------Eriksen(Pritchard)
----Townsend(Lamela)------------------------------Chadli(Oduwa)

-------------------------------------Kane(Ings)

Sell: Kaboul, Chiriches, Capoue, Dembele, Carroll, Holtby, Paulinho, Lennon, Adebayor
Release: Khumalo, Ceballos, Friedel

RW still very suspect in that lineup, think we would look at a RW option that could at least match Chadli's level of goal output.

Might also be a good idea to look at an established player as competition/cover for the Bentaleb/Mason roles

Back