• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Monaco OMT

Another shambolic performance! Proves poch and the team didnt learn ! We been dragged to watch such awful performances for a LONG time already !

I can accept blips in players/team form but showing they learn nothing past awful performances is simply unforgivable.

So what if we snatch 3 points in the second half and WHILE TELLING OURSELVES "dont worry our spurs can get better next match" and yet we are subject to such ridiculous performances week in week out?

I feel like I'm one of those old codgers shouting about 44 fudging 2, but what was wrong with the 4231 we played for 2 seasons?

This 433 is a mess. There is no support for the front 3 who are playing miles apart.
Dembele nor Winks have no interention of running through the middle offering Kane Support.
Whenever he gets the ball there is Alli miles to his right and Son stuck out the left with 2 Monaco players inbetween.

How did Poch go from playing two number 10s and 1 central midfielder in a 4141 earlier in the season to now playing 3 central midfielders and no one behind Kane.
Winks and Dembele are not in the game properly because they are not really in the centre of the pitch taking responibily.
Each one is to the side waiting for the other to do their thing.

It goes without saying that Dier and Wimmer are a mess together.
Wanyama isn't offering much defensive support really neither.

A draw isn't enough. We need to win this.

What a fudging mess.

Yeah, the formation is fudging odd. It's like we're packed with central midfielders, have nothing to offer offensively, yet still look shaky defensively. Not sure what the hell our guys in the middle are told to do. We look clueless.

Last season, no one was fitter, faster or sharper than us. This season it has all changed. Why?

From what I've seen

Monaco look an outstanding side with pace to burn

Winks looks our best player

Alli looks broken

The ref will send Moussa off

The formation isn't helping defence or attack

Sorry something must be brewing under or poch has lost it.

I cant believe we cant pull three decent passes now and we have been brick for 8 matches at least.

Have we been worked out?

I think we just look lifeless and slower this year. Like we're lacking energy and belief. Look at how we pressed and stressed City, then transitioned quickly when we won the ball - it's how we played last season. We haven't pressed nor counter attacked like it since.

I've given it some thought, and what we should aim to do, is press them, pass the ball, and score 3 goals. Two will do. We've been so poor for the last couple of months, let's hope we can scrape through by cobbling together one of those "passing moves" you read about

Back