• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs team of the decade

EKjy_FDWsAAeM7b

A Team that worked.
Not some random XI of players out of position that never played together.

....................Lloris

Walker..King....Vertonghen..Rose

............. Modřic... Dembele

......Bale......Eriksen....Son

....................Kane

I would have Toby in for King and Benny at LB, for the rest i agree.

Ok, so Spurs want us to vote for the goal of the decade - but what would be the best Spurs team of the 2010s? Give us your best shot here. Here's mine:

Lloris
Walker - Toby - Ledley - Verthongen
Dembele - Modric - Eriksen
Bale - Dele
Kane

Bench:
Friedel
Son
Lennon
Van der Vaart
Rose
Dier

I'm not entirely sure whether that formation would work with those players, plus it's a long shot to include Ledley in the team as he didn't play much from 2010. Five at the back with Rose as LB might be better. My team probably also lacks a bit defensively in midfield, but I really wanted to fit all those players in... :oops:

Anyone got better suggestions?

EKjy_FDWsAAeM7b

A Team that worked.
Not some random XI of players out of position that never played together.

Use it as a starting point. Take out Dier and go 4-4-2, as that back six was part of one of the best defensive setups we've had. Add Bale up front. Wanyama didn't play enough to justify a team of the decade place so replace him with Modric, who is not like-for-like, but if he could make it work with Huddlestone he can make it work with Dembele.

.....................Lloris.......................
Walker.........Toby..........Jan.............Rose
............Dembele..........Modric.............
Bale..................Eriksen..................Son
........................Kane........................

Back