• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs pre-season Perth, Australia

Spence injured?

Not up to speed yet.

On Son only having a few training sessions

"He worked hard in training today, him and Eric Dier, Djed Spence and Joe Rodon. They are guys that came in late and hopefully they'll be ready to play a part in the next two games."

Looked decent going forward not so good defensively. Confirmed... Sanchez has to go and I'm sure he feels the same. We have good options though and I will be disappointed this season if we don't win a trophy... or 2 :)

Like seeing the sort of positions the inverted FB takes up under Ange's system. Udogie looks made for it.

We could do what the goons do with their inverted full backs and the way the play Zinchencko
Udogie on the left with a more "traditional" right back such as Emerson on the right (well our second half team)
What kind of role was Royale playing out of interest?

So we lost the Carbon Footprint Cup then?

I heard the lesser spotted Pass made its first appearance in nearly 4 years though, which is encouraging

We could do what the goons do with their inverted full backs and the way the play Zinchencko
Udogie on the left with a more "traditional" right back such as Emerson on the right (well our second half team)
What kind of role was Royale playing out of interest?

Interestingly both full-backs often came inside at the same time, leaving a back two behind. Royal tended to go more into central midfield vs Udogie going more into inside forward, from what I saw.

A pair of different CBs would have made no difference for the first two goals. Both were a case of Porro not being aware of his surroundings and being easily beaten to the ball. I guess you could argue that a different CB might have for the ball with Romero's jump but it was Porro who lost his man for the 1st and 2nd.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Nope, watch the first goal again, it was Reggie playing right back and Porro playing left back, after a corner. I don't see why they would swap, they are equally poor in the air.
Anyway, Reggie runs out to the edge of the box, all of our other defenders run back to deal with the lucky pass out to Bowen, but Reggie just stands and watches for 2 seconds. Absolutely rubbish reaction from him, but hey, it is the first game.

Nope, watch the first goal again, it was Reggie playing right back and Porro playing left back, after a corner. I don't see why they would swap, they are equally poor in the air.
Anyway, Reggie runs out to the edge of the box, all of our other defenders run back to deal with the lucky pass out to Bowen, but Reggie just stands and watches for 2 seconds. Absolutely rubbish reaction from him, but hey, it is the first game.
You're right, I did think it was Reggie at the time then rationalised that it must have been Porro. My argument still stands I don't think a better pair of CBs would have averted either goal. Both were the result of FBs being a bit brick when the balls were coming in.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

And on the flip side, I watched our 2 goals again.
For our 1st Scamacca #11 is playing in a CB zone and allows Lo Celso to wander in unhindered to score.
For our 2nd Scamacca #11 is playing in a CB zone and allows Udogie a free header.

Back