• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs on International Duty

Forster was in stunning form against Barca on tues, its a shame he hasnt been given more chances at this level because he should be coming in for Hart who is in poor form. However I dont see Hodgson making such an important change for these vital upcoming games

How Smalling gets picked over Dawson I do not know. Dawson has had a great start to the season where as Smalling has barely played. And don't say its because he can play at RB too therefore covering 2 positions because Walker and Phil Jones are already there for that position. My preferred England partnership would be Jagielka & Dawson, with Cahill nowhere near the team. He's only in the team because he plays for Chelsea.

Cahill and Dawson should be starting for England, both are very good defenders, and could play very well together I think. I rate both highly.

Based on this season:

.......................Forster......................
Walker....Dawson...Jagielka....Baines
..............Barkley....Carrick................
Townsend......Rooney...............??
....................Sturridge......................

How Smalling gets picked over Dawson I do not know. Dawson has had a great start to the season where as Smalling has barely played. And don't say its because he can play at RB too therefore covering 2 positions because Walker and Phil Jones are already there for that position. My preferred England partnership would be Jagielka & Dawson, with Cahill nowhere near the team. He's only in the team because he plays for Chelsea.

I disagree. He looks like the weakest link in our back 4. That's a back 4 with Kyle Walker who was average at best for long stretches of last season and Danny Rose who most people (including myself) had serious doubts about leading up to the season and who has one full season at left back at the PL level behind him.

Based on this season:

Townsend......Rooney...........Wellbeck

Wellbeck has been playing well on the left side.

I disagree. He looks like the weakest link in our back 4. That's a back 4 with Kyle Walker who was average at best for long stretches of last season and Danny Rose who most people (including myself) had serious doubts about leading up to the season and who has one full season at left back at the PL level behind him.

So we've conceded two goals in eleven games in spite of Dawson?

who cares? they will limp over the line to the finals and go out at the first sign of a slightly motivated/ quality opponent!

do something productive with our time and watch spurs under 11s

So we've conceded two goals in eleven games in spite of Dawson?

That is the very extreme version of what I said. To some extent true, but not the way I would describe what's happened. I said he looks like the weakest link, someone can be the weakest link of a strong chain and still be a good footballer. He's still done good things, he's still been important at times at least. But out of our back 4 he's looked the least convincing to me.

Do you disagree with me? Not your version of what I said, but mine.

Based on this season:

Townsend......Rooney...............??

He is a "Number 10". His biggest problem is that he is in direct competition with Rooney (unless Rooney is played up top).

There has been a lot of that for me over the years with England. Upson over Dawson for example. Hargreaves over Carrick. At times Walcott over Lennon. They seem to like to overlook Spurs players, but the thing is when England is full of Spurs players it often does better!

Full list of who is where.
Vertonghen, Dembele, Chadli - Croatia v Belgium on Friday, Belgium v Wales on Tuesday
Walker, Defoe, Townsend - England v Montenegro on Friday, England v Poland on Tuesday
Lloris - France v Austrialia (friendlly) on Friday, France v Finland on Tuesday
Eriksen - Denmark v Italy on Friday, Denmark V Malta on Tuesday
Sigurdsson - Iceland v Cyprus on Friday, Norway v Iceland on Tuesday
Chiriches - Andorra v Romania on Friday, Romania v Estonia on Tuesday
Paulinho - South Korea v Brazil (friendly in Soeul) on Saturday, Brazil v Zambia (friendly in Beijing!) on Tuesday
Lamela - Argentina v Peru on Friday night , Uruguay v Argentina on Tuesday night
Kane - San Marino u21s v England u21s on Thursday, England u21s v Lithuania U21 on Tuesday

Players who get to train with a ****ed off AVB for the next 2 weeks or are injured: Gomes, Rose, Kaboul, Lennon, Soldado, Adebayor, Holtby, Capoue, Naughton, Dawson, Friedel, Sandro, Fryers

Paulinho and Lamela have ridiculous international trips. Don't expect either of them to start against Villa.

Vertonghen, Dembele, Chadli - Croatia v Belgium on Friday, Belgium v Wales on Tuesday
Walker, Defoe, Townsend - England v Montenegro on Friday, England v Poland on Tuesday
Paulinho - South Korea v Brazil (friendly in Soeul) on Saturday, Brazil v Zambia (friendly in Beijing!) on Tuesday
Lamela - Argentina v Peru on Friday night , Uruguay v Argentina on Tuesday night
Kane - San Marino u21s v England u21s on Thursday, England u21s v Lithuania U21 on Tuesday

Players who get to train with a ****ed off AVB for the next 2 weeks or are injured: Gomes, Rose, Kaboul, Lennon, Soldado, Adebayor, Holtby, Capoue, Naughton, Dawson, Friedel, Sandro, Fryers

Paulinho and Lamela have ridiculous international trips. Don't expect either of them to start against Villa.

Thanks for this.

BWIJbb5IEAAQf8m.jpg:large

not surprised The Moose has picked up an injury...AVB has been flogging him lately, played the full games against Chels, Anzhi and West Ham all within a week

Walker practically the same and its understandable he was hobbling around on Sun looking injured/shattered

Wonder how many of those players will get to play in WC 2014 next year. Only Vertonghen, Dembele and Paulinho looks almost certain to play. The rest are not so certain because either their teams are not in good positions or they are not starting regularly for us. I think players like Lamela, Sandro, Soldado and Holtby could be dropped by their teams if they don't play regularly for us.

Last edited:
Wonder how many of those players will get to play in WC 2014 next year. Only Vertonghen, Dembele and Paulinho looks almost certain to play. The rest are not so certain because either their teams are not in good positions or they are not starting regularly for us. I think players like Lamela, Sandro, Soldado and Holtby could be dropped by their teams if they don't play regularly for us.

Well Lamela was never a regular for Argentina and he has 3 players ahead of him in that team. Sandro will be in contention for the WC (if he stays healthy) i expect him to start more after this international break, Soldado is a victim of how Spain play, even when he was scoring for fun in La Liga he was never guaranteed a start for la roja and Holtby only just got done being eligible for the U21's as a captain. He might have to wait a while to break into the German squad.

Back