• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs in the U.S.A - good article.....

Off topic but in that article you just posted you see the flag that fan is holding up? Looks like the spitting image of David Bentley underneath it. Maybe this is my first ever ITK and we were in early negotiations about bringing him back...

It's a shame Yelin is not a left back, could you imagine him and Walker bombing down the wings :eek:

Tottenham's appeal - and it is vast; according to a recent poll by NBC they are the most supported Premier League side in North America -

\o/

No way is that right.

It is not true in sheer numbers which I posted in the Yedlin transfer thread BUT from what I have seen our bunch is the most vocal and passionate. We are also very well organized, just in the last year I have traveled a few places and had no problem finding the Spurs supporters groups and they all make you feel welcome.

So that poll is a good example do we have more supporters here than Manure? No but we have more supporters that a give a **** to vote on that poll and make our allegiance shown

It is not true in sheer numbers which I posted in the Yedlin transfer thread BUT from what I have seen our bunch is the most vocal and passionate. We are also very well organized, just in the last year I have traveled a few places and had no problem finding the Spurs supporters groups and they all make you feel welcome.

So that poll is a good example do we have more supporters here than Manure? No but we have more supporters that a give a **** to vote on that poll and make our allegiance shown

yeah there's no way it's true in Tennessee or anywhere in the Southeast, but I would say you're right.

It requires a bit more effort to follow Spurs over here because we're not one of the typical 5 teams that everyone follows. I think it follows then that we do have some of the more vocal fans because those who follow the club over here really do care. It's not easy to be a casual Spurs fan. Also, many of the games start in the early morning on Saturdays and not many will wake up early on a Saturday to watch a sport they're just so-so about.

It's tough because of things like the fact that you can't find a Spurs shirt in a store anywhere within a 30 mile radius of Nashville (you could probably extend that all the way to Atlanta). Most if not all of your friends won't want to follow the sport so you're not going to have anybody to watch games with. You're just kind of on your own, and especially so with a team thats not one of the Bandwagon 5.

I will say through watching a lot of games in college, most if not all of my former roommates have begun to really get attached to the sport (and have coincidentally decided to follow one of our rivals as a result, though i'm kind of proud to say none of them have chosen the typical Ars*nal, Chelski, or United). The game is growing over here.

was watching sportscenter (sic) this morning on ESPN and sandwiched between the usual college "football" previews, they had a preview of the new PL season and even odds on who's going to win the league, that would have been unthinkable 5 years ago

yeah there's no way it's true in Tennessee or anywhere in the Southeast, but I would say you're right.

It requires a bit more effort to follow Spurs over here because we're not one of the typical 5 teams that everyone follows. I think it follows then that we do have some of the more vocal fans because those who follow the club over here really do care. It's not easy to be a casual Spurs fan. Also, many of the games start in the early morning on Saturdays and not many will wake up early on a Saturday to watch a sport they're just so-so about.

It's tough because of things like the fact that you can't find a Spurs shirt in a store anywhere within a 30 mile radius of Nashville (you could probably extend that all the way to Atlanta). Most if not all of your friends won't want to follow the sport so you're not going to have anybody to watch games with. You're just kind of on your own, and especially so with a team thats not one of the Bandwagon 5.

I will say through watching a lot of games in college, most if not all of my former roommates have begun to really get attached to the sport (and have coincidentally decided to follow one of our rivals as a result, though i'm kind of proud to say none of them have chosen the typical Ars*nal, Chelski, or United). The game is growing over here.

I have absolutely no idea what gives in the US where footy support is concerned and concede its highly unlikely that Tottenham have more fans over there than the likes of Liverpool and United, nevertheless given our (admittedly somewhat tarnished) tradition for attacking footy and glamorous players it would come as no great surprise to discover we have a pretty decent following.

Do you ever go to nashville to watch spurs? I was there in December and they have a great group of guys I forget the pub name in painters alley had a blast and like I mentioned even though other clubs had more numbers spurs was on the big screen because they are there week in week out side note there was also some horrible arsenal **** 50 year old hideous woman who wouldn't stop flicking us off the whole time we sang or cheered

I have absolutely no idea what gives in the US where footy support is concerned and concede its highly unlikely that Tottenham have more fans over there than the likes of Liverpool and United, nevertheless given our (admittedly somewhat tarnished) tradition for attacking footy and glamorous players it would come as no great surprise to discover we have a pretty decent following.

I think it's also got something to do with the fact that most Americans who are new to the the Premier League seem go through an admirably thorough selection process for their team. And many of them seem keen not to make the obvious choice - consciously shunning the glory hunting route. So Spurs, who have so long been the best of the rest, have often been the choice of the discerning fan. It helps that we also have a good history, a large and loyal fan base, a distinct identity (our anti Semitic stance being a clear vote winner) and something of a hard luck / underdog appeal (Americans seem to be drawn to such stories). To be honest, it also helps that we have a pretty ****ing awesome name.

I love seeing how our U.S. fan base is growing and how passionate they are. 30 stateside supporters clubs already. Doubtless many more to come. And it's gratifying, in this article, to see that the club respects that and is trying to do right by them

I think it's also got something to do with the fact that most Americans who are new to the the Premier League seem go through an admirably thorough selection process for their team. And many of them seem keen not to make the obvious choice - consciously shunning the glory hunting route. So Spurs, who have so long been the best of the rest, have often been the choice of the discerning fan. It helps that we also have a good history, a large and loyal fan base, a distinct identity (our anti Semitic stance being a clear vote winner) and something of a hard luck / underdog appeal (Americans seem to be drawn to such stories). To be honest, it also helps that we have a pretty ****ing awesome name.

I love seeing how our U.S. fan base is growing and how passionate they are. 30 stateside supporters clubs already. Doubtless many more to come. And it's gratifying, in this article, to see that the club respects that and is trying to do right by them
About how i ended up here

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk

Back