• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I’m gonna sound like an arsehole but if sell Richie of we could get Gyokeres who would IMO be outstanding for us
But that not a criticism of Richy who has really stepped up, just that the way we play isn’t a prefect fit for him IMO
But it could be argued (about 'fit')that Richie is doing well despite the wide players not being ideal/complimentary/up to speed/settled/confident (take your pick)

But it could be argued (about 'fit')that Richie is doing well despite the wide players not being ideal/complimentary/up to speed/settled/confident (take your pick)
I’m not complaining about him
I think this is him and he won’t get better, but his current level is still high (hence his great recent scoring record)
But…. The role needs more IMO than he can give.

Son doesn’t press like Richi or offer an aerial threat, which we need at times.

I was thinking this after Richy went off the other day.

Granted he wasn't having a good game and not much was coming off for him, even me as his biggest fanboy on here will admit that.

But once you've got Werner Son and Johnson on there is an almost impressively weak aerial presence all across the front three. So it only really looks like the flashing the ball across the box for tap ins that seems like the route to goal. And on set pieces something has to go really wrong with the opponents marking for any of them to get to a ball first. It doesn't get any better / stronger if you swap in Gill / Solomon either. This is where to me, letting Veliz go was a bit of a puzzling one, seems like an ideal player to throw on for the last 15 to mix it up... Instead of making opposing CB's nervous I think they'll be fairly relaxed about what's being thrown at them if Richy has an off day which he is entitled to do.

I’m not complaining about him
I think this is him and he won’t get better, but his current level is still high (hence his great recent scoring record)
But…. The role needs more IMO than he can give.
I know you're not complaining, and Im half on board with what your saying.

I'm just saying until the supporting cast is fully formed, part of which might be to play to his strengths, it's impossible to know his ceiling.

I think some of it is he's not easy in the eye, doesn't feel a Spurs type player.

Eg id swap him out for Isak in a heartbeat.

I'm just saying until the supporting cast is fully formed, part of which might be to play to his strengths, it's impossible to know his ceiling.

I think some of it is he's not easy in the eye, doesn't feel a Spurs type player.

Would love that for sure.

Isak would be a perfect fit
He isn’t easy on the eye, I agree
What he excels at is one touch finishing which in theory is what Ange wants
But you need a hold up player who can pass well (he can’t imo) to launch the wide players attacking
Toney would be a great fit too

Son presses just as much as Richie just in a different way. Richarlison really isn't that dominant in the air in general play either although he is good finishing wise with his head in the box.

On the balance if you play them the same amount of time So wil score more and he will probably get more assists as well so I suppose it depends on what we need or desire more.

There is even the argument that neither are what is needed. If we do need more physical presence than what Son provides we lso need better general play than what Roche offers. Maybe the new striker is the actual answer (I'm happy going with Son there tbh).

Son is one of the best players in the world. He’s gonna score more goals than pretty much anyone. We need to get him on the pitch.

But, Richi works his nuts off and has scored more headers for us in the last few months than Son has in his career. They have different strengths, but I think our system really needs someone like Richi. I’d probably be making an argument for Richi in this system even if we still had Kane, who is the best player in the world.

Son is one of the best players in the world. He’s gonna score more goals than pretty much anyone. We need to get him on the pitch.

But, Richi works his nuts off and has scored more headers for us in the last few months than Son has in his career. They have different strengths, but I think our system really needs someone like Richi. I’d probably be making an argument for Richi in this system even if we still had Kane, who is the best player in the world.
One thing I’d love to see.. when we are defending corners we put son up on the half way line. Let’s see who is brave then to lose a man trying to foul Vicario, knowing we have sons pace for a long ball

Don't think Ange wants balls crossed onto Richy's head. Otherwise surely we'd be seeing it more, especially from Kulu.

Last edited:
Son deeper is a no no. His control is so often loose in those situations. Back to goal, with real or imagined pressure from opponents.

Plus he's never come across as an intelligent passer.

The wider men for Ange are asked to play a lot wider and mainly tasked with typical wing play. And Sonny is not electric enough (anymore) to be a constant thorn in an opponents minds from that position imo

But we can't deflate Richie's confidence bubble at the moment, so.....?
Arguably he hasn't been that player in a long time. Perhaps never been his strongest role.

Even from fairly early on his success was mostly with a very attacking full back behind him who did a lot wide. In more recent years his role has definitely been more cut inside, run behind.

On the whole what we're currently seeing is probably the best choice. Richarlison has been good and scoring for fun, Son is a fantastic player and will get goals and assists even if not doing a lot more than that. We don't really have a good different option as long as Solomon is injured at least.

But it puts a ton of responsibility on our midfield (and full backs) to do the creative stuff.

Back