• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I agree it's a bit of a conundrum. And along with his age why I think we should at least be open to the idea of selling him in the summer if a big offer comes in. Not actively looking to sell him, but if someone wants to put a proper offer on the table... At some point his pace will start diminishing too.

That being said, I think he can work in this system. As a striker with better wide players and on the left if how he and Udogie combine is tweaked. Will probably still be a bit of a compromise, but he's a good enough player that it could still be really good.

The balance and quality of the front three needs to be sorted out over the summer somehow. I think there are a lot of potential solutions for that, but all include some players in and some out.

He's matched Salah's goals and assists this season ..

The front line balance is off, no question, but that isn't on Son ..

He's matched Salah's goals and assists this season ..

The front line balance is off, no question, but that isn't on Son ..
Balance being off is never on one individual. But decisions must be made on how to fix that.

He's good enough that even though not being a great profile fit he can still score a lot of goals. That's very good and obviously really useful. But it still leaves us with him not being a great profile fit.

That leaves us with several options on how to improve and I think we should be open to all of them.

How many of his 160 goals for us would've been needed to balance out winning Arsenal the title? I bet he's a very relieved person this morning!

Sonny's first words since City match. Just this quote from me, there's more, so out of context. I like the quote though...

“I’m all in. I’m loving the way he wants to play. It’s the first time I’ve experienced it. Everybody — the club, the players, also the fans — everybody has to step up, because we have to be all together in this. He’s definitely shown he can bring success to the club.”

Yeah, a players contribution is only goals and assists.

Not only, but forwards are ultimately measured on goals and assists along with their overall play. And Son’s numbers are still very good even with not that many creative outlets in the team to provide for him. We definitely need better if we want to challenge for the big honours, but he’s worth keeping around.

Not only, but forwards are ultimately measured on goals and assists along with their overall play. And Son’s numbers are still very good even with not that many creative outlets in the team to provide for him. We definitely need better if we want to challenge for the big honours, but he’s worth keeping around.
The original post was comparing Son to Foden on only those stats. Foden is streets ahead of Son in every department outside those stats.
Son contributes next to nothing if he isn't scoring while Foden runs games.

If we want to be competing at the top Son can't be a regular starter for us next season. He's been an amazing player for us but every player reaches a point where they start regressing and Son has reached that point already.

Back