• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Okay you did not say he was a poor player, but you did say: "He has been poor since he came back from Asia".
He has IMO
And he really doesn’t function well in this team
He loses the ball every 3 touches and he takes too many touches as it is
Last week on the way to the Forrest game we were talking in the car about the Luton striker.. Morris I think. Someone did an analysis on tv of what he does which is come for the ball, lay it off and get in the box.
We have no one who does that although Richy was getting there
The whole system of Ange ball is high percentage chances
Sonny is about top drawer strikes rather than tap ins (he has scored more this year than any of the season).
Son has scored one goal outside the box and that was a 1 on 1 vs Burnley.
That’s not the son we know. But that because the son we know hasn’t been playing in a side that plays thsi high up for a start

I know

You have said it loads but even you can see today he was woeful

The ball sticks with him about once every ten touches

You referred to his gaols but he ain’t scoring those important goals currently unless it’s a double deflection vs Luton

The guys been quality for us. He really excelled once Poch left and he we had negative managers which meant he would be playing counter attacking. He really really looks uncomfortable being asked to play in a team that keeps the ball

He would be brilliant for United

He’s not perfect and he will have bad games but you and others still massively overrate the forwards in our team (Son) aside just because we score a lot of a goals. We could sign another CF who was prolific as Son and was better at holding up the ball but we’d still have a front line of forwards who need upgrading. Pretending Johnson and Werner are as good as the top 3 is farcical.

He’s not perfect and he will have bad games but you and others still massively overrate the forwards in our team (Son) aside just because we score a lot of a goals. We could sign another CF who was prolific as Son and was better at holding up the ball but we’d still have a front line of forwards who need upgrading. Pretending Johnson and Werner are as good as the top 3 is farcical.
You sure do love slagging us off and comparing us to the 'top 3' that just so happen to contain your beloved Liverpool.

Son is not prolific as a CF

You sure do love slagging us off and comparing us to the 'top 3' that just so happen to contain your beloved Liverpool.
He does sometimes come across as WUM

I don’t really get the comparison to pool and Arsenal when objectively out wide forwards do get comparable numbers

The twitter post in the Werner thread highlighted that but gets ignored because it doesn’t pass the eye test. Yet I’d say that Nunez and Diaz don’t or Jesus at Arsenal

Reactions: jrh
Because that’s the level we want to get to I thought? Unless people are content with top 4 and never winning anything? Pretending our team is as good as the top 3 doesn’t make it true.
You're the one parroting the top 3 comparison over and over.. People have said Werner is good enough for our squad, as an option. I don't think anyone has said he can't be improved on. This is the Son thread though right? So why are you bleating about it again?

He does sometimes come across as WUM

I don’t really get the comparison to pool and Arsenal when objectively out wide forwards do get comparable numbers

The twitter post in the Werner thread highlighted that but gets ignored because it doesn’t pass the eye test. Yet I’d say that Nunez and Diaz don’t or Jesus at Arsenal

Because I don’t see everything through spurs tinted glasses like you and JRH. You clearly know your stuff about football in general but honestly your posts come across as deluded at times. You refuse to acknowledge that we score a lot of goals because we commit lots of men going forward which also partly explains why we concede so many goals.

for the avoidance of doubt
Son has played striker since Richy was injured (this calender year)
And scored as follows

Defected winner vs luton
3rd goal vs palace
3rd goal vs villa

that’s it

Happy to be corrected of course

And scored as follows

Defected winner vs luton
3rd goal vs palace
3rd goal vs villa

that’s it

Because I don’t see everything through spurs tinted glasses like you and JRH. You clearly know your stuff about football in general but honestly your posts come across as deluded at times. You refuse to acknowledge that we score a lot of goals because we commit lots of men going forward which also partly explains why we concede so many goals.
What has scoring lots of goals, commiting men forward and conceding so many goals got to do with discussing Son's lack of form?

What are you on about?

It partly explains why we concede
But it also partly explains why we score
But the key is we create high % chance goals by playing this way
What doesn’t help is the lack of a striker
Our best result in front of goal came when Richy was playing as CF .. and I don’t think he is the answers

Now we have our best available defence we are still being unpicked because we get countered as we don’t keep the ball in their their third..
We don’t put sustained pressure in because we don’t have anyone to occupy the centre backs.. to keep them honest (to quote a cliche)
So when we lose it .. there is no out ball dohh forget… everyone is in attack

Now add in a striker who makes the oppositions CBs work and that’s 2 players you don’t worry about

Sons best football is when we have a striker doing donkey work

And scored as follows

Defected winner vs luton
3rd goal vs palace
3rd goal vs villa

that’s it

Happy to be corrected of course

Scored a hatrick against Burnley as a CF. Played as CF against Fulham at home and scored off the top of my head.

Scored a hatrick against Burnley as a CF. Played as CF against Fulham at home and scored off the top of my head.
Yep
Last year
Before anyone knew how we played
Now everyone knows how we play and they just sit in a “low block” or as I’d call it.. they just stay organised
I didn’t see that Fulham game
The Burnley game was odd as it was end to end but a 5-2 win is not to be sniffed at
He scored against Arsenal playing as a CF.
Pool at home too
Palace away
City away too

He moved back to left wing after the West Ham defeat and that’s when richarlison went on that scoring run

Yep
Last year
Before anyone knew how we played
Now everyone knows how we play and they just sit in a “low block” or as I’d call it.. they just stay organised
I didn’t see that Fulham game
The Burnley game was odd as it was end to end but a 5-2 win is not to be sniffed at
He scored against Arsenal playing as a CF.
Pool at home too
Palace away
City away too

He moved back to left wing after the West Ham defeat and that’s when richarlison went on that scoring run
Scoring tap ins

Back