• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Still think to this day he’s somewhat under appreciated on here. People can’t accept that he has bad games or even bad moments in games. If he was brilliant all the time then he would be playing for Real Madrid. He has developed his game too, he is far more than just a finisher, he creates plenty of chances and would have far many more assists if we had better finishers around him. I’d definitely put him in the top 5 PL players for Spurs.

I don't think this system works particularly well for him.

He's our best player, arguably the best player in the PL, but Werner, Richi, Johnson sounds pretty good to me right now.

I don't think this system works particularly well for him.

He's our best player, arguably the best player in the PL, but Werner, Richi, Johnson sounds pretty good to me right now.

There’s no way Son doesn’t get in this team. He’s miles better than anything else we have. Better than Richarlison at LWF and CF and better than Werner in any position.

Also, he’s not the best player in the PL. probably 3-4 players ahead of him but no doubt he’s our best player.

There’s no way Son doesn’t get in this team. He’s miles better than anything else we have. Better than Richarlison at LWF and CF and better than Werner in any position.

Also, he’s not the best player in the PL. probably 3-4 players ahead of him but no doubt he’s our best player.

I agree, he is miles better.

But we are setup to put crosses into the box, we do it multiple times every game, with nobody attacking those spaces.

I agree, he is miles better.

But we are setup to put crosses into the box, we do it multiple times every game, with nobody attacking those spaces.

Son is a much better finisher than every other forward we have. You take Son out, none of the other forwards are good enough finishers to score the kind of goals Son scores consistently, especially one on ones, Most of Richy and Johnson’s goals have been tap ins. Johnson has done well enough recently to get a good run in the team. Son is always going to play. One other from Kulu or Werner.

Son is a much better finisher than every other forward we have. You take Son out, none of the other forwards are good enough finishers to score the kind of goals Son scores consistently, especially one on ones, Most of Richy and Johnson’s goals have been tap ins. Johnson has done well enough recently to get a good run in the team. Son is always going to play. One other from Kulu or Werner.

Again I agree.

But Son isn't scoring the tap ins we are laying on for a 9 because he's in the wrong place, he actually holds on the edge of the box when we are breaking, rather than positioning himself around the 6.

It's not about Son, it's about the way we play, this system needs a proper 9, he ain't it. A lesser player, doing different things, may score more goals.

Again I agree.

But Son isn't scoring the tap ins we are laying on for a 9 because he's in the wrong place, he actually holds on the edge of the box when we are breaking, rather than positioning himself around the 6.

It's not about Son, it's about the way we play, this system needs a proper 9, he ain't it. A lesser player, doing different things, may score more goals.

I’d say he’s scored at least 5-6 tap ins this season. If we get a chance on the edge of the box, who is going to score it if Son isn’t on the pitch? None of our other forwards are particularly good at finishing. You can’t rely on scoring tap ins exclusively, you need players to get goals out of nothing and finish those half chances that not all forwards score. I don’t see the logic in playing three forwards, none of whom are elite finishers. Son has 15 goals in this system so it’s not like him or the team are struggling. We’re creating plenty of chances as well. The problems in the team aren’t Son, it’s the rest of the forwards not being up to his standards and the level of the top 3 and we concede too many goals.

I could see him getting to 4th, 3rd place is probably a stretch too far.

Great innings for primarily a LWF.
He's defo getting 4th next season - 2 or 3 more seasons starting and 3rd is probably on the cards, at 31 though it's questionable whether he has that in him. Given his marketability we'll likely keep him around longer than we maybe should (if he wants to stay) so could get there eventually even if it's by chipping in with 10 +/- a season towards the end.

He seems to have stopped shooting from outside the box now
Want him to start taking a few more risks
Wasn't as clinical yesterday as usual but still bagged a massively important winner

Back