• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Absolutely shocking tonight, he even had the audacity to moan at Gil when he shot instead of passing to him right at the end. I wouldn't have passed to him either.

Should've had a penalty at 0-2. Brighton player never near the ball, moved into Son's path and clattered him to the ground.

Compare that to Udogie's shoulder barge which was punished with a yellow card, and it's another baffling display of lack of consistency in refereeing.
Shame son falls over when breathed on currently
the guys kanckered and it’s showing

Shame son falls over when breathed on currently
the guys kanckered and it’s showing

Bad day at the office (probably two in a row), he's got credit

Son's always been a high energy player, he needs to be "fresh" to be his best. Smarter sides since Saudi Sportswashing Machine are also doubling up on him, especially when left.

Bad day at the office (probably two in a row), he's got credit

Son's always been a high energy player, he needs to be "fresh" to be his best. Smarter sides since Saudi Sportswashing Machine are also doubling up on him, especially when left.
He needs to play through the middle at this stage of his career to get the best out of him. It's where he largely excelled for Conte, it's where his best work this season has come about. His game no longer suits being the man out wide trying to beat 1 or 2 defenders.

He needs to play through the middle at this stage of his career to get the best out of him. It's where he largely excelled for Conte, it's where his best work this season has come about. His game no longer suits being the man out wide trying to beat 1 or 2 defenders.
Agree with this, think the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was more about Trippier than Son.

Totally agree. Son needs to play in the middle. If Richarlison or whoever else can’t play on the left then we need to upgrade on those players rather than putting Son in a position where he doesn’t excel in. On the whole he’s been brilliant this season. He’s had bad games for sure I was reading the comments in the Brighton thread were people were saying he’s not world class and he’s streaky. I honestly feel that some of our fans expect him to be world class in every game but that’s not what world class means unless you’re Messi and Ronaldo. World class players still have bouts of poor form. You could probably count the list of forwards on one hand who have performed to a higher level than Son in the PL over the last 5 seasons, that to me is a world class player, being one of the best players in your position in the best league in Europe and can play multiple positions to a high standard.

Totally agree. Son needs to play in the middle. If Richarlison or whoever else can’t play on the left then we need to upgrade on those players rather than putting Son in a position where he doesn’t excel in. On the whole he’s been brilliant this season. He’s had bad games for sure I was reading the comments in the Brighton thread were people were saying he’s not world class and he’s streaky. I honestly feel that some of our fans expect him to be world class in every game but that’s not what world class means unless you’re Messi and Ronaldo. World class players still have bouts of poor form. You could probably count the list of forwards on one hand who have performed to a higher level than Son in the PL over the last 5 seasons, that to me is a world class player, being one of the best players in your position in the best league in Europe and can play multiple positions to a high standard.

Agree on the second point regarding his streakyness - it's an overplayed point really, if he was constantly playing at his peak with no let up you'd have a generational talent on your hands (like Messi/Ronaldo as you say)

On the other hand, as an all round player he isn't particularly strong outside of the areas in which he excells, so his periods 'off form' stick out more than other more complete players when they come along.

Agree on the second point regarding his streakyness - it's an overplayed point really, if he was constantly playing at his peak with no let up you'd have a generational talent on your hands (like Messi/Ronaldo as you say)

On the other hand, as an all round player he isn't particularly strong outside of the areas in which he excells, so his periods 'off form' stick out more than other more complete players when they come along.

I think his overall game has improved to a degree, he gets more assists and creates more chances. I do agree when he’s bad, he’s really bad.

Sooner he goes to the Asian cup the better. He has been tinkle poor for a while now. When he is not in red hot form he is league 1 standard, can’t even control a ball and can’t even stay onside.

Sooner he goes to the Asian cup the better. He has been tinkle poor for a while now. When he is not in red hot form he is league 1 standard, can’t even control a ball and can’t even stay onside.

yeah just the 17 goals and assists combined this season. Only Salah and Haaland have more goal involvements in the league this season. Really need him to be on his bike to the Asian cup so we can replace him with someone better.

yeah just the 17 goals and assists combined this season. Only Salah and Haaland have more goal involvements in the league this season. Really need him to be on his bike to the Asian cup so we can replace him with someone better.
He was brick again today
So indecisive and running on fumes it seems
Still, scores the goal that killed the game but if he done some earlier stuff smarter we may have been ahead more, earlier

He was brick again today
So indecisive and running on fumes it seems
Still, scores the goal that killed the game but if he done some earlier stuff smarter we may have been ahead more, earlier

Didn’t see the whole game but could have had an assist if Richarlison hadn’t blazed wide too. I accept that when he’s bad he’s very bad but I also challenge people to name better forwards than him in the PL over the last 5 seasons. The only really obvious ones still in the league today are Salah and Haaland. Kane was obvs better too but he’s moved on but he’s definitely on the same level as players like Mane for example. People forget Kane isn’t here anymore either, I’m sure some posters claimed he wouldn’t score without Kane here. 12 goals in 19 is a not a shabby return without Kane and getting used to a new system.

Last edited:
Didn’t see the whole game but could have had an assist if Richarlison hadn’t blazed wide too. I accept that when he’s bad he’s very bad but I also challenge people to name better forwards than him in the PL over the last 5 seasons. The only really obvious ones still in the league today are Salah and Haaland. Kane was obvs better too but he’s moved on but he’s definitely on the same level as players like Mane for example.
The goals scored column shows how good he has been

But he was so poor midweek and poor again

Doesn’t take away from his goal which is ultimately a huge part of his job. He is generally a top top finisher.

But some of his decision making and lack of ability to retain the ball lately has really stopped our play dead

I’m hoping he will find the Asian comp easier and can recover a bit

Back