• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He has found form, but everyone and their mother could see he was not inform for a big part of the season. Should we just bury our head in the sand when a player finds form after being brick for months?

I will give him credit when he performs and slate him when he is brick, thats how it works.
I agree with the people saying that Bergwijn deserved a bit more time, in some of those games where Sonny was clearly off-colour. However, I think Sonny's scoring / assist record has remained enough for him to keep his place in the starting 11.

Regardless of poor form, he's kept up with goal involvement stats that I'd warrant are up there with many Spurs strikers of the last 20 years even when they were bang on form.

He has found form, but everyone and their mother could see he was not inform for a big part of the season. Should we just bury our head in the sand when a player finds form after being brick for months?

I will give him credit when he performs and slate him when he is brick, thats how it works.

Ffs. He has not been at his best and yes poor in a couple of games. He had a lengthy injury, but overall (if we discount penalties) is the top goal scorer in the league.

Knee jerk reactions. Form is temporary class is permanent.

Ffs. He has not been at his best and yes poor in a couple of games. He had a lengthy injury, but overall (if we discount penalties) is the top goal scorer in the league.

Knee jerk reactions. Form is temporary class is permanent.
He has brick spells every season and its longer than his seasonal red hot patch, just because he scores doesn’t mean he shouldn’t come under criticism for being bang average. Its amazing how the golden boys get no stick on this forum and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong yet the spacegoats get ridiculed regardless of if they have played well or not.

He has brick spells every season and its longer than his seasonal red hot patch, just because he scores doesn’t mean he shouldn’t come under criticism for being bang average. Its amazing how the golden boys get no stick on this forum and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong yet the spacegoats get ridiculed regardless of if they have played well or not.

All players have rough patches, even Kane does. Son is the 2nd top scorer in the league. He’s above players like Jota who has been outstanding. He’s above every player in the Emirates Marketing Project team who create chances for fun. Let’s just put that into perspective for a moment. Son was playing under Nuno for 3 months and created next to nothing in terms of goalscoring opportunities for the majority of his reign. I’m wondering just how many goals he needs to score in a season to convince people that he isn’t this streaky, one-dimensional player who does nothing when he doesn’t score. He assists and creates far more than he did when we first signed him, he causes havoc with his pace, he’s a far more rounded player than he was 3-4 years ago.

Nobody said he's beyond criticism. It's about whether he should have been dropped.

All players have rough patches, even Kane does. Son is the 2nd top scorer in the league. He’s above players like Jota who has been outstanding. He’s above every player in the Emirates Marketing Project team who create chances for fun. Let’s just put that into perspective for a moment. Son was playing under Nuno for 3 months and created next to nothing in terms of goalscoring opportunities for the majority of his reign. I’m wondering just how many goals he needs to score in a season to convince people that he isn’t this streaky, one-dimensional player who does nothing when he doesn’t score. He assists and creates far more than he did when we first signed him, he causes havoc with his pace, he’s a far more rounded player than he was 3-4 years ago.
Are we watching the same Son? When he doesn’t score he is bang average. He literally scores goals which is good but is overall game is not that great.

You can throw goal scoring stats at me all day, this is my opinion and i plan on sticking too it.

Are we watching the same Son? When he doesn’t score he is bang average. He literally scores goals which is good but is overall game is not that great.

You can throw goal scoring stats at me all day, this is my opinion and i plan on sticking too it.

Wow! You really don’t see any other positive aspects to his game? The amount of assists and chances he creates for example? Before today, Son had more assists in the PL in his career than Kane. Son would walk into any other team in the league bar the top two teams, and I’d be willing to bet he would start more often not if he played for Emirates Marketing Project. Liverpool I’m not so sure as they arguably have the best front three in the league. I think we indeed must be watching different players.

Bergwijn is doing well at the moment. He probably deserves more minutes. I stuck up for him last summer and said he got goals at psv. But dropping son? No.

As long as Son keeps scoring as many as he does, the rest of us will love it, keep throwing the stats at you, and enjoy watching you desperately clutching to your opinion. It's fun.

Greaves was the same. Clive Allen too. Rubbish apart from the goals and the goal threat that occupies defenders to allow others to score. Why even bother with such players?

Back