• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

In his after match interview he was coughing and spluttering like an old man.....i be surprised if he be involved Wednesday. No wonder he was blowing out of his arse before he scored!!
He'll definitely be involved v Southampton. 11 day break until the Villa game after Wednesday night.

Garth Crooks has him in the team of the week. I love Son but he wasn't good yesterday. Bergwijn also got in. GLC was outstanding for me yesterday and didn't get in and I thought Winks was another good shout for it. Like I'm sure there is an element of Crooks winging it because he doesn't watch all 90 mins of every game but he must have watched our game yesterday.

Do the BBC seriously have enough taxpayer's money to waste that they can employ that clueless fudgewit and Lawro?

Garth Crooks has him in the team of the week. I love Son but he wasn't good yesterday. Bergwijn also got in. GLC was outstanding for me yesterday and didn't get in and I thought Winks was another good shout for it. Like I'm sure there is an element of Crooks winging it because he doesn't watch all 90 mins of every game but he must have watched our game yesterday.

Do the BBC seriously have enough taxpayer's money to waste that they can employ that clueless fudgewit and Lawro?
Agreed, Crooks is talking absolute rubbish. Both Son and Bergwijn were poor when it was 11v11, City absolutely monstered them.

Weird one with Sonny at the moment, he's not playing well (looks a yard slower than normal) BUT he is scoring.

He's scoring and running himself into the ground, he did come back to support the defense more against City than I've seen from him in the past.

Not in great form, but keeps going, I think he and Dele are much better when the opposition is concentrating on Kane ..

Weird one with Sonny at the moment, he's not playing well (looks a yard slower than normal) BUT he is scoring.

Said it before for me he is a hot and cold player, he has runs of games when he is world class but on the other hand he sometimes looks way off the mark. Been like that since he came here.

Said it before for me he is a hot and cold player, he has runs of games when he is world class but on the other hand he sometimes looks way off the mark. Been like that since he came here.
That's why I say it's a bit weird as usually when hes cold the goals go as well. But he's popping up with them during this cold spell.

This is another Pochettino signing that I am not convinced or excited about. Surely, paying 22m for an Asian player is a pure marketing stunt than an attempt to improve the team. This will get us more fans in Asia but not sure it will lift the team.

Asian players have a very poor record in English Premier League. Regardless of their rich talents, Asian players are lacking in physical or mental strength to make a huge impact in the European leagues. They have done decently when they are part of a team with big stars like Park Ji Sung at ManU but have struggled when they are big stars in teams lacking quality.

We have done the same mistake we did with Soldado and Lamela, that is paying way too much than deserved. The huge transfer fee alone will be a big burden on Son, having to prove his worth. Son will be under huge pressure to perform because :
1) He is now the most expensive Asian player in history
2) He will be the most expensive current Spurs player (if Lamela leaves)

Anyway, good luck to Son. It is a big gamble by Pochettino and Levy. But hope he will lift the team.

Son and Dele each could have had a hat trick on a different day. Instead, we scraped a win in what was a closely competed match. Too many missed chances, defensive shape was all over the place. Centre backs running to cover at full back. It was a mess at times, but we got the three points which was key.

I thought this had been posted in the OMT, hence why I went off subject.

Last edited:

Yeah, that run-up needs to stop. Just choose a spot (not always to the left), and hit the thing with power.

The most mystifying thing about it is that Son is genuinely two-footed - he could feasibly take a near-straight run-up and still hit it with either foot, which is a nightmare for any keeper to predict.

So that stuttering thing makes little sense to me.

Yeah, that run-up needs to stop. Just choose a spot (not always to the left), and hit the thing with power.

The most mystifying thing about it is that Son is genuinely two-footed - he could feasibly take a near-straight run-up and still hit it with either foot, which is a nightmare for any keeper to predict.

So that stuttering thing makes little sense to me.

Agreed. He literally writes a message for the keeper on a large white board, holds it up and says "there mate" as he stutters up to take the pen. Great instinct for the rebound though!!!

Agreed. He literally writes a message for the keeper on a large white board, holds it up and says "there mate" as he stutters up to take the pen. Great instinct for the rebound though!!!

Especially after he referenced this AND the Southampton one, saying he waited for the keeper to move...

Worse part about it was he misjudged the run up so couldn't strike the ball cleanly. I've never seen someone do that before.

You are really trying to bait my inner pedant here steff...Must not rise to it........

As mentioned, Son is a pretty fascinating player to watch, this run of "off days whilst still scoring" is bizarrely impressive to watch.

You are really trying to bait my inner pedant here steff...Must not rise to it........

As mentioned, Son is a pretty fascinating player to watch, this run of "off days whilst still scoring" is bizarrely impressive to watch.

Son needs rests/rotation, he is such a high energy player that constant every game, every minute played does not help him.

Unfortunately we can't afford to give him that time.

Back