• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Assuming we beat Watford in the EFL Cup we will have 10 matches to play from Liverpool in mid September till the end of October so it would be patently ridiculous to not use Son during that period.

Agreed. Son won't need a rest, he's now got the international break for that, and the games for S. Korea will have got him match fit and ready for the season ahead.

Well done Sonny!

Assuming we beat Watford in the EFL Cup we will have 10 matches to play from Liverpool in mid September till the end of October so it would be patently ridiculous to not use Son during that period.

Fair point. Still think he should be given a rest, though. Maybe three weeks from now until September 21st?

This is the opposite of sexy - we sign a player with impending military service so despite his excellent form over the last few seasons he’s immune to rival team bids, we then get him to sign a new 5 year deal with only one shot left to avoid it and then he only goes and wins the tournament!

I genuinely believe the faith shown in him rather than treating him as a depreciating asset will go a long way to fostering the long term team spirit we need to keep pushing on - a genuine squad of committed players rather than a group of self serving mercenaries. As with the Solsjkaer comparison I can really see something similar to the culture Fergie built at United - no individual bigger than the club, ultimate respect for the manager and his staff, strong relationship between the manager and the board, promotion of youth to reinforce the club values - now if only we could have the success of his era...

Think you need a Dier or Wanyama in there instead of Dembele if you are to play the other 5 - someone who can hold steady at the base
Totally agree. And if Lamela is happy to come off the bench and do what he did against Fulham, then we’re looking extremely tasty!

Think you need a Dier or Wanyama in there instead of Dembele if you are to play the other 5 - someone who can hold steady at the base

From what I saw today, against that sort of opposition, Winks might be the player to quarter-back the team from that position. Best chance for Kane was created when Winks got it, moved it out quickly to Trippier -- who for once had some time because the ball was moved out to him quickly -- and he put in a lovely cross which Harry (Kane) scores 9 times out of 10.

From what I saw today, against that sort of opposition, Winks might be the player to quarter-back the team from that position. Best chance for Kane was created when Winks got it, moved it out quickly to Trippier -- who for once had some time because the ball was moved out to him quickly -- and he put in a lovely cross which Harry (Kane) scores 9 times out of 10.
I would be very happy with that.

When you're used to a premiership footballer’s life it's not about being in the army. Really pleased for Son. He must be buzzing to say the least. Win a trophy for a country AND avoid military service!

Back