• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

its all about who fudged who in history. But ultimately i think the japs are the ones most hate in general

who cares who the opposition were. a hattrick against laos is better than no hattrick against laos.. the guys left footed and scored all 3 goals with his right foot. this guy is going to be one hell of a talent.

who cares who the opposition were. a hattrick against laos is better than no hattrick against laos.. the guys left footed and scored all 3 goals with his right foot. this guy is going to be one hell of a talent.
He's actually right footed. But you really can't tell when he shoots, because he's comfortable with both feet. He's not as ambidextrous as a Morten Gamst Pederson (who was actually naturally right footed). And you can tell the difference, because he's weak at crossing with his left foot. But when he's shooting, it rarely matters whether it's his left or right foot.

He's actually right footed. But you really can't tell when he shoots, because he's comfortable with both feet. He's not as ambidextrous as a Morten Gamst Pederson (who was actually naturally right footed). And you can tell the difference, because he's weak at crossing with his left foot. But when he's shooting, it rarely matters whether it's his left or right foot.

Morten Gamst pedersen was right-footed??:eek:

I remember seeing an interview with Pederson where he talked about how his dad made him play with only his left foot for a couple of years or something.

Wiki:
Morten Gamst Pedersen is the son of Ernst Pedersen, a former footballer who played in the Norwegian Premier League for Bodø/Glimt and Vålerenga in the late 1970s and early 1980s. His father trained Morten to use his left foot rather than his natural right foot in a bid to help him become a professional player, as there is less competition for left-sided roles within the sport. As a result his left foot has become his dominant foot.

Regardless of targets, I'm really excited to see this kid (and N'Jie) let loose.

Return of the Rapids!!

Regardless of targets, I'm really excited to see this kid (and N'Jie) let loose.

Return of the Rapids!!

Indeed, let the dogs loose!

tumblr_mxvhu21zwk1srtwdwo4_500.gif

I remember seeing an interview with Pederson where he talked about how his dad made him play with only his left foot for a couple of years or something.

Wiki:

Exactly how it should be too. We were coached to use our weaker foot regularly but it's not something Poch concentrates on. Bale wasn't either under AVB it would appear as he's right foot finishing proves on the most part.

The ability to play with both feet is certainly something that should be worked on by ALL players with an aspiration to be their best

It's took me years and I only play local five a side but the difference it makes on a small pitch is massive as with walls your limited on where you can go so using both feet gets you out of tight corners

Lamella is a great example of a predictable player as he only has a he one foot to play off. When you see someone like Cazorla you don't know what foot he will use making him a lot harder to predict and therefore defend against

The ability to play with both feet is certainly something that should be worked on by ALL players with an aspiration to be their best

It's took me years and I only play local five a side but the difference it makes on a small pitch is massive as with walls your limited on where you can go so using both feet gets you out of tight corners

Lamella is a great example of a predictable player as he only has a he one foot to play off. When you see someone like Cazorla you don't know what foot he will use making him a lot harder to predict and therefore defend against

He was killing it with roma ... i dont think one footed players can't be unpredictable though.

I think the movement of two footed players is far less predictable and gives them an edge. At the moment Lamelas movement seems lacking serious invention or freedom.

He was killing it with roma ... i dont think one footed players can't be unpredictable though.

I think the movement of two footed players is far less predictable and gives them an edge. At the moment Lamelas movement seems lacking serious invention or freedom.

No but one footed players who play on the wrong side for that foot are a problem

Playing a lefty on the right means invariably he can only go inwards into a congested area where he takes up space of others

No but one footed players who play on the wrong side for that foot are a problem

Playing a lefty on the right means invariably he can only go inwards into a congested area where he takes up space of others

Depends on the player; playing Bale on the right hasn't harmd him at Madrid, nor Robben at Bayern etc

Depends on the player; playing Bale on the right hasn't harmd him at Madrid, nor Robben at Bayern etc

True but their world class players and they adapted their game... But they also have pacE. Lamella is not quick and would probably not be in outer top half of quickest players. Son two footed and pretty quick and that's a real threat

Lamella is one footed and slow to average speed.

I know who I'd rather face and it's not the guy who spends time on his hair style

True but their world class players and they adapted their game... But they also have pacE. Lamella is not quick and would probably not be in outer top half of quickest players. Son two footed and pretty quick and that's a real threat

Lamella is one footed and slow to average speed.

I know who I'd rather face and it's not the guy who spends time on his hair style

You had some good discussion points until the last dig...

What will be interesting for me is whether Son suffers the Chadli syndrome of being effectively undroppabe (due to key goals) but being a bit flimsy when it comes to the 'pressing from the front' thing, which for all Lamela's faults is something that he mostly does well..

You had some good discussion points until the last dig...

What will be interesting for me is whether Son suffers the Chadli syndrome of being effectively undroppabe (due to key goals) but being a bit flimsy when it comes to the 'pressing from the front' thing, which for all Lamela's faults is something that he mostly does well..

See I don't see Lamella pressing from the front

I do see him Harrassing in the middle of the park and putting in the effort but his defensive technique isn't great. Can't fault the effort though

The problem with Lamella is he has no variety or range in his play as he lacks pace, is predominantly one footed and is t scoring goals. You can't carry a wing toward who doesnt score and is a 1 assis in 3.5 games man

Son from what I've seen of him is technically good but is also very decisive, which again is something Lamella is lacking in a Spurs shirt. Add in sons pace and again from the small amounts I've seen of him a good work ethic and it's like chalk and cheese

And I agree about Chadli. He gets away with murder due to his goals. He is a lazy bastard who could be so much more with the effort that his ability clearly warrants if he wants to geneuinely excel. Chelsea at home last year he showed how hard he can work and how good he really can be... But he does also have a tendency to be rash in front of goal and that can cost is important goals too

Personally I just want some I ace and excitement back from our attacking players and some genuine competition too

See I don't see Lamella pressing from the front

I do see him Harrassing in the middle of the park and putting in the effort but his defensive technique isn't great. Can't fault the effort though

The problem with Lamella is he has no variety or range in his play as he lacks pace, is predominantly one footed and is t scoring goals. You can't carry a wing toward who doesnt score and is a 1 assis in 3.5 games man

Son from what I've seen of him is technically good but is also very decisive, which again is something Lamella is lacking in a Spurs shirt. Add in sons pace and again from the small amounts I've seen of him a good work ethic and it's like chalk and cheese

And I agree about Chadli. He gets away with murder due to his goals. He is a lazy bastard who could be so much more with the effort that his ability clearly warrants if he wants to geneuinely excel. Chel53a at home last year he showed how hard he can work and how good he really can be... But he does also have a tendency to be rash in front of goal and that can cost is important goals too

Personally I just want some I ace and excitement back from our attacking players and some genuine competition too

I'm certainly looking forward to the pace Son will bring for sure; i do worry he'll have a frustrating Chadli-like side to him in terms of tracking back though; either way, competition and options is GOOD.

I do think both Eriksen AND Lamela will benefit from being able to feed pacy players who'll push defences back or give the option of through balls (if the defence plays high)

Back