• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Soft Drinks

I could do with that intolerance, I drink way too much Coke etc and I'm trying to cut it out. Started yesterday. Last time I tried I got proper headaches... felt like a junkie going cold turkey.

Will see how I get on this week.

What do you guys drink instead. I'm not really a tea or coffee person and i'm sure drinking just water will get a bit boring after few days?

The headaches sound like a caffeine come down, it should pass in a few days (week max).

The drink I posted doesn't contain any added brick.

It's ingredients are:
- 90% apple
- 10% rhubarb
- plus vitamin C

I don't want a list of sugar filled drinks, just interesting soft drinks that I haven't tried

Interestingly (to me at least), even 'Freshly Squeezed' Orange Juice is often juice frankensteined food;

In this enlightening book, Alissa Hamilton explores the hidden history of orange juice. She looks at the early forces that propelled orange juice to prominence, including a surplus of oranges that plagued Florida during most of the twentieth century and the army’s need to provide vitamin C to troops overseas during World War II. She tells the stories of the FDA’s decision in the early 1960s to standardize orange juice, and the juice equivalent of the cola wars that followed between Coca-Cola (which owns Minute Maid) and Pepsi (which owns Tropicana). Of particular interest to OJ drinkers will be the revelation that most orange juice comes from Brazil, not Florida, and that even “not from concentrate” orange juice is heated, stripped of flavor, stored for up to a year, and then reflavored before it is packaged and sold. The book concludes with a thought-provoking discussion of why consumers have the right to know how their food is produced.

http://www.amazon.com/Squeezed-Abou...4556/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312826335&sr=8-1

Sorry Southstand, if I had a list of drinks I'd be happy myself. I'd have thought there would be some on the good taste awards website.

It's such a shame you need to research deeply into foods and drinks to find out whether those purported to be very good for you actually are!

This is why I stick to water, sometimes with some lemon added. Or have home masticated carrot juice, or (home) squeezed organic orange juice.

Mad world...

The drink I posted doesn't contain any added brick.

It's ingredients are:
- 90% apple
- 10% rhubarb
- plus vitamin C

I don't want a list of sugar filled drinks, just interesting soft drinks that I haven't tried

Have you considered making your own - fresh orange squeeze, etc.?

I could do with that intolerance, I drink way too much Coke etc and I'm trying to cut it out. Started yesterday. Last time I tried I got proper headaches... felt like a junkie going cold turkey.

What do you guys drink instead. I'm not really a tea or coffee person and i'm sure drinking just water will get a bit boring after few days?

I like my tea, generally drink earl grey if it's there but english breakfast's good as well. Drink mainly water, find fizzy drinks just make me want to brush my teeth but on occasion I'll have some fruit juice, not from concentrate, none of this fruit juice drink or from concentrate brick, only the real stuff for me! I'm not a massively fussy person when it comes to food/drink but that's my main thing which people might consider wierd.

Water gets a little boring after a while

Do you masticate your own juice, or use an animal?

You should check out the Cawston website, they don't add sugar or chemicals:

http://www.cawstonpress.com/cawston-press-juices.html

Bold bit = LOL no, I use a masticating juicer (aka live enzyme juicer), it uses a crushing/masticating action which helps maintain the live enzymes (most use high speed rotary action which produces to much heat and kills the enzymes), but you have to drink it within 15minutes or so otherwise the live enzyme content drops right off. Still once the enzyme content has gone it is still massively better than pasteurised.

I said in the first reply that my wife has the apple and ginger one (Cawston). They are certainly amongst the best, but they pasteurise for shelf life and high heat has a nasty effect of altering the chemistry of foods IMO (stripping essential nutrients, often rendering the rest of the nutritional content useless to the body). I'm a Bechamp man.

For Orange Juice etc I just use a squeezer, but looking online they have some nice contraptions now which I might put on the xmas list as the juicer is quite a chore to setup/clean etc and a squeezer is just messy.

These are swish looking squeezers;

mighty_oj.jpg

orangex.jpg

I drink way too much Coke etc and I'm trying to cut it out. Started yesterday. Last time I tried I got proper headaches... felt like a junkie going cold turkey.

Ok so 4 days without any soft drinks etc.. and I've had mild headaches everyday!

I've also been eating healthier last week or two and keeping up the gym. Physically I've been seeing improvements but man I feel like brick without the caffeine or sugar whichever my body is used to!? 2 ltr or water a day as well, I was really expecting to feel like a new man haha

Ok so 4 days without any soft drinks etc.. and I've had mild headaches everyday!

I've also been eating healthier last week or two and keeping up the gym. Physically I've been seeing improvements but man I feel like brick without the caffeine or sugar whichever my body is used to!? 2 ltr or water a day as well, I was really expecting to feel like a new man haha

I've had similar headaches when drinking too much coffee. Should pass in not too long I think.

After a while your body should also get used to not having caffeine in it all the time, in my opinion the good thing about that is that you can actually have cup of coffee or some caffeine to actually give you a boost when you need it. If you're filling your body with it every day you need it just to get up to normal.

Back