• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Almost finished by Lego scene that I’ve been working on
its a star wars hoth scene which I’m sure will greatly offend/tickle some people
lego for me is something Ige5 to do with my kids but it’s bloody expensive as a hobby
We brought this one at the weekend, finished it off last night, only a tiddler in pieces though

1710833903012.png

Saw Underworld live for the first time ever today. Been wanting to see them for 25 years! And what a show. Holy moly. It was excellent! Those old dudes still got it, holy crap. So many cute girls/women there as well. Wish I had the confidence to speak to some of them, but alas I don't. Confidence still shot after getting brutally dumped. I was actually on a kind of date on Sunday, met a girl I had a short thing for many years back, but we just talked for a couple of hours, there wasn't really any spark. If anything it just reminded me that I'm still too much in my own self pity to be able to offer anyone anything.

I'm rambling. Underworld was fantastic. Happy to finally have been able to see them. :)

In unawatuna sri lanka. Last time i was here was just after the tsunami, did some voluntary work helping them rebuild. Was one of my favourite places in the world. It has changed so much (as you'd expect). Was paying $6 a night back then. One of the hotels i helped rebuild is asking $135 a night now. No swimming pool or nothing.
Too many bars and restaurants now. With not enough tourists to fill them. So half are empty at night. Still a really cool place and the people are still chill. Went for a drink with a few of the locals last night. They are very good singers.

Anyone got any recommendations for the southern coast of sri lanka? Did the sight seeing years ago. Just looking for a place to relax have a swim and a few beers. Was thinking maybe mirissa.

In unawatuna sri lanka. Last time i was here was just after the tsunami, did some voluntary work helping them rebuild. Was one of my favourite places in the world. It has changed so much (as you'd expect). Was paying $6 a night back then. One of the hotels i helped rebuild is asking $135 a night now. No swimming pool or nothing.
Too many bars and restaurants now. With not enough tourists to fill them. So half are empty at night. Still a really cool place and the people are still chill. Went for a drink with a few of the locals last night. They are very good singers.

Anyone got any recommendations for the southern coast of sri lanka? Did the sight seeing years ago. Just looking for a place to relax have a swim and a few beers. Was thinking maybe mirissa.
My nephew and his wife depart on their honeymoon to Sri Lanka tomorrow.

Another friend came back last month (in the south) and he said that they (the gov) have issues with the large number of Russian nationals there and are trying to cancel their extended visas.
The Russians have taken over a lot of bars and nightclubs and running a visible 'whites only' policy, with things less than harmonious with the local population.

My nephew and his wife depart on their honeymoon to Sri Lanka tomorrow.

Another friend came back last month (in the south) and he said that they (the gov) have issues with the large number of Russian nationals there and are trying to cancel their extended visas.
The Russians have taken over a lot of bars and nightclubs and running a visible 'whites only' policy, with things less than harmonious with the local population.

Even keebab shops and a russian female tuk tuk driver today.

Before coming read an article on the bbc, saying that there was uproar because "expats", had advertised a party, white clothes, white faces, only. Made it sound like it was british people.

Thought, great. They're not going to be happy with me turning up.

Nah it was the russians. The lankans do differentiate.

We were in Unawatuna 2 years ago. We stayed a bit south of the main area (10 mins or so by tuk-tuk). We loved it but it is as you say very touristy but lacking in tourists. The Sri Lankans have had such a tough time. The tsunami obviously. Then the Easter bombings. We went to Hikkaduwa in March 2020 -after things had just reopened - and then Covid hit (covid curfews introduced at the end of our first week, everyone fled, we decided to take the risk and see the holiday out, and had the whole (small, 10-room) hotel completely to ourselves for another week). Not dissimilar to Unawatuna in set up but again we stayed outside the busy area. Two years ago when we were in Unawatuna was the time of the political and economic upheaval with power cuts of several hours daily, varied by area each day. Long, long, long queues for gas and many restaurants not able to open.
It just felt such a shame for such a lovely country and lovely people to be hit by so much misfortune.
Our first visit was to Bentota which is still on the SW coast but probably a bit far north for where you are looking. Even though we were in a big hotel (not the sort of place we usually choose), I recall the area away from the beach being made up of small restaurants and not too touristy. But that was a good few years ago and I expect it has changed a lot now.
I want to visit the NE coast, now that it is accessible but before it gets too built up. Wrong time of year now though.
Would be interested to hear what Mirissa is like if you get there.

We were in Unawatuna 2 years ago. We stayed a bit south of the main area (10 mins or so by tuk-tuk). We loved it but it is as you say very touristy but lacking in tourists. The Sri Lankans have had such a tough time. The tsunami obviously. Then the Easter bombings. We went to Hikkaduwa in March 2020 -after things had just reopened - and then Covid hit (covid curfews introduced at the end of our first week, everyone fled, we decided to take the risk and see the holiday out, and had the whole (small, 10-room) hotel completely to ourselves for another week). Not dissimilar to Unawatuna in set up but again we stayed outside the busy area. Two years ago when we were in Unawatuna was the time of the political and economic upheaval with power cuts of several hours daily, varied by area each day. Long, long, long queues for gas and many restaurants not able to open.
It just felt such a shame for such a lovely country and lovely people to be hit by so much misfortune.
Our first visit was to Bentota which is still on the SW coast but probably a bit far north for where you are looking. Even though we were in a big hotel (not the sort of place we usually choose), I recall the area away from the beach being made up of small restaurants and not too touristy. But that was a good few years ago and I expect it has changed a lot now.
I want to visit the NE coast, now that it is accessible but before it gets too built up. Wrong time of year now though.
Would be interested to hear what Mirissa is like if you get there.

Met a couple from wales last night. They're planning to go there so i might go spare wheel. They've been travelling together for 6 months so seem to be happy just to have someone else to talk to.

Only 25km on the bus. Don't like it i can come back.

Just hoping they have a bar that shows the football. (Yes i'm sad, in paradise but want to get my heart broken by spurs).

Back