• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

If you crap beer and feet sticking to the floor proper venue then yes.
Group were great, and. I'm not a big the jam fan, but surprisingly the crowd were pretty flat, very unlike the barrowlands,usually it's bouncing.
And what is it about women wanting to record themselves on their phones.
And while I'm at it, these flowery craft beers that all taste the same, what's that about. Trying to get a decent pint of heavy outside is ridiculous.
The Beer thing is as with everything else, made to cater to those that don't like beer. It's ridiculous. Same with food from other parts of the world, that gets totally changed so it tastes nothing like it should, to cater to those who don't like the genuine food. All this tinklewasser that is called beer, 99% of it is crap!

It's looking like their interest rates might be more sticky than ours.

Once upon a time the pound used to allow us to live like kings in countries across the globe... certainly not these days.:(

Even getting back to 1.5 euros would be helpful
Norwegian Crown is in similar state to the Yen. Awful exchange rates, so everything and everywhere is bloody expensive! Pound and Euro are 25-30% up in the last 6-7 years.
We need to do like Denmark, and get the Crown at a fixed rated compared to the Euro.

Norwegian Crown is in similar state to the Yen. Awful exchange rates, so everything and everywhere is bloody expensive! Pound and Euro are 25-30% up in the last 6-7 years.
We need to do like Denmark, and get the Crown at a fixed rated compared to the Euro.

Or better yet, just join the EU and get the euro.

Had to go through the rigmarole of applying for a visitors visa so the missus can visit the in-laws later this year, fOOk me the process is extraordinarily lengthy (just the application) and boy do they pull down ya pants for the payments...

€140 for the actual application.
€91 for the "services"
€50 so they can scan n upload her docs (she isn't tech so no point her doing it)

And the most grievous of all, €130 for the Flexi appointment which is all they offer despite showing they do have specific time slots (which are conveniently all booked apparently through until June next year.)

Had a helicopter remove a sick passenger on the cruise ship I'm on, we are on route from Marseille to Gibalter and they were taken to Alicante. Really got all the gereatics excited.

not specifically today but Sunday is the final game of the season for my son's U9 team which i coach.

Been a really fun, enjoyable year. Spurs can lose on a Saturday and i swear a win on Sunday can honestly save or make the weekend (though when we lost 3-2 to Arsenal my boys also lost 3-2. Bad day). May sound weird but i put a lot of effort into trying to make these boys better. I don't just turn up and go "shoot on goal", i work on passing, attacking, defending, positioning etc (imagine Football Manager but in real life). So getting a win really is a great feeling.

Quite eye opening, a couple of parents not appreciative of the effort but for the most part they are. We've been promoted twice over the season so really happy. Big back story where my son was in a different team with all his school friends but was dropped middle of the season. he was no worse than a couple of others but the coach knew those parents from back in the day and bombed my son and another lad out. Quite disappointing and went quite bitter.

I promised i wouldn't drop any of my weaker boys mid-season, there's a few who struggle who may need to drop for new season but the club has like 6 teams in this age group so should be OK. not looking forward to those conversations but has to happen.

Anyway, season ends and the boys have shown a big improvement and i'm buzzing for that. Will coach one more season and then maybe stop but it's been a great season.

not specifically today but Sunday is the final game of the season for my son's U9 team which i coach.

Been a really fun, enjoyable year. Spurs can lose on a Saturday and i swear a win on Sunday can honestly save or make the weekend (though when we lost 3-2 to Arsenal my boys also lost 3-2. Bad day). May sound weird but i put a lot of effort into trying to make these boys better. I don't just turn up and go "shoot on goal", i work on passing, attacking, defending, positioning etc (imagine Football Manager but in real life). So getting a win really is a great feeling.

Quite eye opening, a couple of parents not appreciative of the effort but for the most part they are. We've been promoted twice over the season so really happy. Big back story where my son was in a different team with all his school friends but was dropped middle of the season. he was no worse than a couple of others but the coach knew those parents from back in the day and bombed my son and another lad out. Quite disappointing and went quite bitter.

I promised i wouldn't drop any of my weaker boys mid-season, there's a few who struggle who may need to drop for new season but the club has like 6 teams in this age group so should be OK. not looking forward to those conversations but has to happen.

Anyway, season ends and the boys have shown a big improvement and i'm buzzing for that. Will coach one more season and then maybe stop but it's been a great season.
Fair play to you for all your hard work! I have a 7 and 9 year old both playing for teams amd I see how much work goes into it where they play.

Quick question (As I'm not in the UK anymore) but why do U9s have promotion and relegation etc!? Seems a bit harsh.

Note: I'm not one of those that thinks there should be no winners or losers and everyone gets a medal etc. Just wondered how it works nowadays?

Quick question (As I'm not in the UK anymore) but why do U9s have promotion and relegation etc!? Seems a bit harsh.
Lots of kids of varying abilities, so they have a top league for the best kids, many of whom are affiliated to pro academies, then a second league, third league etc.
My son's team did well and got promoted half way through the year as they kept winning 10-0, so it was not really helping anyone... then in the league above they kept getting beaten so it was pretty dispiriting then.... this year has been much better with roughly half wins and half losses, so you know you are in the right league.

Scary news about the person who died on that flight from London to Singapore due to turbulence. I don’t think anyone likes turbulence or doesn’t get uncomfortable when it happens but I’ve always been led to believe that it’s not dangerous to the plane and that pilots aren’t overly worried about it, it’s more about the comfort of the passengers (I’ve even gone into the roosterpit of planes before and spoken to pilots due to fear of flying) but with climate change it’s a bit of a worry that turbulence will likely become more severe and more frequent.

Back